broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am amazed at the fact that there is still no proper youtube comparison between 2.0, 3.0 and even 4.0 or aftermarket kings.
We need someone putting cruise control at 30 and 50mph on those 3 machines, on the same bumpy off road trail with an exterior video that shows how the truck handles it, and comments from the guy inside to explain the difference and if it's worth it.
Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the badlands but my coworker just got one with the 3.0 and on the street I don’t feel too much of a difference . I’m sure in higher speeds it does work better than 2.0 but we are not talking about raptor levels of comfort because it’s not a raptor
This is good to hear. Others had told me the WT with HOSS 3.0 was day & night different in everyday driving vs Badlands SAS w/2.0.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let us know how the Bronco held up after some testing today.
It ate the trails like they were nothing. Very smooth ride. Just a few I’ll put up a lot of photos later.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 - Trail run review: as good if not better than my gen2 Raptor 0BE09E1F-2FE3-4684-9665-C27834305613

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 - Trail run review: as good if not better than my gen2 Raptor 4E88F978-73C5-405C-8F3B-4A0330840F0B

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rthwest-ohv-bridgeport-tx.65683/#post-1795909

Post 6/7…a few vids of mine at the RTR event. HOSS 3.0 setup performed flawlessly as did the truck as a whole. We did every trail with ease, beginner and intermediate, but I couldn’t believe a factory ride could perform as well as it did. It performed as good, if not better, than my previous Jeep and Toyota rigs…

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No it’s likely better because it is for the specific purpose the suspension was mostly designed for.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No it’s likely better because it is for the specific purpose the suspension was mostly designed for.
Agree and I also believe in “You get what you pay for” when it comes to things like suspension.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am amazed at the fact that there is still no proper youtube comparison between 2.0, 3.0 and even 4.0 or aftermarket kings.
We need someone putting cruise control at 30 and 50mph on those 3 machines, on the same bumpy off road trail with an exterior video that shows how the truck handles it, and comments from the guy inside to explain the difference and if it's worth it.
I couldn't agree more, its just very hard to capture it accurately unless you have all 4 broncos out on the same day same trail same speed to make it representative of the vehicles actual capabilities.

I can tell you the its a lot more to do withe the shock tuning than the brand/size of the shocks,
the hoss 2.0 are incredibly capable of raptor like adrenaline rushes. That being said, push them to their limitson larger whoops/jumps/g outs and feel it bottom out harshly. If only the wild track 2.0 bilsteins came with a stiffer valve stack and spring rate, they would be very close to the aftermarket options imo.

The hoss 3,0 is a nice step up with more bottom out control and shock fade resistance. Fox did a great job of improving the offroad abilities and making the bronco handle better on the street as well. IF only the gave us a manual way to control the height and compression like the gen1 raptor/bronco raptor.

As far as which shocks make the bronco tackle the MOST treacherous sections of trail with confidence? After testing the fox, king, and icons, the boutique shock builders at ADS in Tucson AZ have some of the most aggressively tuned shocks on the market today. Their unique high flow compression adjusters give you a vast range of soft-firm dampening that allows you to be in full control of your Bronco's ride quality.
Link to ADS Bronco shocks...

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not by much!
My raptor has a couple hundred pounds of tools, a big bumper with winch, extra suspension parts and extra heavy wheels/tires. I wouldn't be suprised if there is a 1,000lb weight difference

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Too funny I just took my wildtrak with hoss 3.0 there on Saturday mid morning to afternoon for its first train test - quad air down kit didn’t arrive in time so just kept it at the 38 psi I had on it. Still so smooth. Cheers!
but you also have a raptor and a WT? I want a raptor just cant seem to find one it keeps slipping through my hands. My WT should be here in a month. Aside from the obvious on road which ones better?

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The BL is more than a WT comparably equipped.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
everything being equal, the longer wheelbase will always be a plusher ride.

Having has gen2 , gen3 , and trx before buying the bronco I’m here to tell you the ride quality is definitely not on par with any of those trucks. It is much more close to jeep than gen2 raptor. Does it ride nicer than the Jeep? For sure . Do I wish the ride was as plush as raptor or trx ? 100%.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 - Trail run review: as good if not better than my gen2 Raptor 4E88F978-73C5-405C-8F3B-4A0330840F0B

alohashaneo

Raptor
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' m2 Comp, 22' 911 carrera, Raptor, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
but you also have a raptor and a WT? I want a raptor just cant seem to find one it keeps slipping through my hands. My WT should be here in a month. Aside from the obvious on road which ones better?
Both are awesome in their own ways. Been using the WT more for around town driving as it’s much easier to fit it in parking spots and such. The hoss 4.0 and 3.0 are both darn good. There are moments when the 3.0 is smoother on road than the 4.0 in my opinion. Overall pretty happy with both but the WT definitely has a tad more of a connivance factor. Having a little less track width on the WT is nicer on tighter trails as well. Where the raptor really shines is desert running over the WT. Hope you get in one here soon both are great!
Sponsored