First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah that’s a good idea. That’s what my friend is the instructor for so I trusted his advice initially. I’ll see if the team can get me through one it does sound like a lot of fun.
I haven’t read every reply in thread, so forgive me if a repeat question. Where were you air pressure wise? Lower psi gives you a wider footprint and sidewall flex

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven’t read every reply in thread, so forgive me if a repeat question. Where were you air pressure wise? Lower psi gives you a wider footprint and sidewall flex
The course specs 35 psi but that’s for the Raptor KO2 so that could have been part of it.

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
The course specs 35 psi but that’s for the Raptor KO2 so that could have been part of it.
Next time you go mudding try about 15 psi. 35 is road pressure, so air down after you get off the highway but before you get offroad

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Next time you go mudding try about 15 psi. 35 is road pressure, so air down after you get off the highway but before you get offroad
As I’ve said this wasn’t even mudding just a Ford Performance Off-Road Evaluation Course but yes I will keep that in mind when I do decide to do some mud work

Sponsored

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I’ve said this wasn’t even mudding just a Ford Performance Off-Road Evaluation Course but yes I will keep that in mind when I do decide to do some mud work
Ah ok. I did disclaim that I didn’t read every reply

Redrockmatt

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are honestly the worst tires I have ever driven on. I'm suprised BFG didn't get the contract since them and ford have a good relationship, especially when you consider for already uses tons of 35" ko2s on raptors.
I don't understand all the hate toward Goodyear m/t's. I've driven ko2's for decades and found them only ok. They are good on pavement and in snow and only ok in mud. My first experience with the m/t's was on my badlands/SAS. I've been super impressed in mud and snow. Plus I've got 30k miles and they're hardly worn. I only get 30-40k miles on bfg ko2's max.

I last spring I had a friend drive my f350 w ko2's (chains on all four tires) while I drove bronco w aired down gy m/t's in 1-2 feet of snow. He got badly stuck while I had no problem. Granted F350 is a lot heavier but still impressed with m/t's.

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Troll

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't understand all the hate toward Goodyear m/t's. I've driven ko2's for decades and found them only ok. They are good on pavement and in snow and only ok in mud. My first experience with the m/t's was on my badlands/SAS. I've been super impressed in mud and snow. Plus I've got 30k miles and they're hardly worn. I only get 30-40k miles on bfg ko2's max.

I last spring I had a friend drive my f350 w ko2's (chains on all four tires) while I drove bronco w aired down gy m/t's in 1-2 feet of snow. He got badly stuck while I had no problem. Granted F350 is a lot heavier but still impressed with m/t's.
I'm not a fan of KO2s anymore myself. I've had like 5 sets on my raptor, 2 of which shook like hell and could never be balanced. For an oem tire they are good but they don't last offroad or even on the street. However the Goodyears are another level of garbage for me. They are way louder but not really aggressive, the handling is awful and they straight up fall apart with offroad use. Just on harder on road driving you hear the tires getting chewed up. I've switched to nittos on all my rigs, whether it be trails, ridges, or recons they fix basically all my complaints with Goodyears and KO2s. I think I'll have a hard time getting 15-20k out of the butter soft goodyears

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Goodyears generally blow. The last good tire they made was the old MTR. The MTR/Ks are the worst off road tire I ever ran, out of round, impossible to balance even with Road Force. Get yourself a set of Nittos and be happy.

Sponsored

Aeromech2284

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a Badlands I added that sticker. Front and rear were engaged yes.

The Raptor R on KO2’s pulled me out like it was nothing so I’ll be switching to those
What is this Raptor R you speak of?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to me that the guy who suggested that traction control was stopping you is on the money.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well.... At least you weren't this kid. Fresh out of AIT, claimed he could drive the wheels off anything. Forgot the trailer brake, threw it in 8x8 after not moving, and proceeded to bury it to the axels. It was an interesting recovery...

Those are 48" tires for reference

Ford Bronco How did Goodyear get this contract IMG_20211107_195017

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Goodyear is a reputable tire manufacturer, and 4th largest,
Technically they are the 5th largest.

Worthless factoid: Lego is the largest tire manufacturer, then Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental and of course Goodyear.

Not that any of this matters to your point ... carry on.
:rolleyes: :oops:o_O:unsure::D:eek::giggle:
Sponsored