Sponsored

How do you like me now? Beautiful Area 51 / MIC Roof Combo- NOT BAD...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this color with the crappy grey Ht
I’d like to see the carb grey color with the grey top, my guess those two will be ok...
Who knows
Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely am reconsidering A51. The top does look better in these shots but I still want a black top. Guess I have to make the decision between Cactus Grey and A51...

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics from today show what the MIC grey hard top actually looks like.

E04B6932-5507-4222-B24F-8B61A8C21F29.jpeg

c48265ab-6ce8-405f-8439-81f69c4c9dbb-jpeg-jpg.jpg
The Ford press release pictures where the hard top has been darkened look AWESOME!

The pics here from real life the roof only matches the grill and looks out of place.

I think it’s passable but I would have to bed liner it satin black or get the painted black roof and swap grills with someone because I do love the carbonized grey grill!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This actually looks terrible to be honest lol. I hate this. To each their own. Maybe it’s because you painted the windows.

No I didn't.

The rear "windows" are solid pieces of plastic.

So you're wrong, I'm right.

Ford Bronco How do you like me now? Beautiful Area 51 / MIC Roof Combo- NOT BAD... mentos

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I'm sold!!!

Just hoping the rear windows/panels can be swapped DIY...I know they're not as easily removed as on the modular, but if I order the panels as above I want to be able to swap out to glass when I'm not loaded up!
It seems as if Americans have lost their ingenuity. Cool concept that Ford is showing off. But if people re-watch the video of the walkaround, they will notice that there is nothing in contact with the panels. Everything is tied down with ratchet straps so the fear of busting out a window is unfounded. There isn't even a storage reason implementing a MOLLE grid to hang crap off of like the back of the seats. If people are worried about busting out a window from unsecured items, they could very easily cut out plywood that fits in the space between the window and roll cage. Cut them to fit the window; paint them black; and use foam pipe insulation over the outer edge to cushion plywood from marking the interior of the window/roof/cage. You will still have a nice exterior. Privacy from anyone compelled to look into the back. And protection from the crap getting tossed around the back. The above solution would be much cheaper and allow someone to waste the savings on some other much needed accessory.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No I didn't.

The rear "windows" are solid pieces of plastic.

So you're wrong, I'm right.

mentos.gif
Okay, well the white plastic “windows” are ugly too.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd take it!

Or maybe we can all start another White Top argument in this thread. Who's with me? Anyone?

Sure I'll take one for the team... Sign me up!

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's better than I had been fearing it would be. It's JUST.BARELY good enough. That said, I can't get my head around how the decision was made to not match the B pillar/mirrors/cowl/door handles/flares. It's super dumb, and makes no sense at all.

The reason, then, that it's "good enough" for me? I don't want the soft top from the factory and the algebra that goes into whether I'm more willing to grit my teeth and pay for a sad, off-black MIC top vs. the significantly higher cost modular/painted top lands with sucking it up and making peace with the MIC. Today, anyway...

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems as if Americans have lost their ingenuity. Cool concept that Ford is showing off. But if people re-watch the video of the walkaround, they will notice that there is nothing in contact with the panels. Everything is tied down with ratchet straps so the fear of busting out a window is unfounded. There isn't even a storage reason implementing a MOLLE grid to hang crap off of like the back of the seats. If people are worried about busting out a window from unsecured items, they could very easily cut out plywood that fits in the space between the window and roll cage. Cut them to fit the window; paint them black; and use foam pipe insulation over the outer edge to cushion plywood from marking the interior of the window/roof/cage. You will still have a nice exterior. Privacy from anyone compelled to look into the back. And protection from the crap getting tossed around the back. The above solution would be much cheaper and allow someone to waste the savings on some other much needed accessory.
Apparently Brits have no ingenuity either seeing as that's where I'm from :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if this was shade thrown at me but I'll bite...

To be honest it's not that I lack ingenuity as a mechanical engineer I have to use my ingenuity pretty much daily! I've been wrenching on cars since I was a kid in the early 90s with my old man, we always had a work around or "fix" for things and I've done stuff my self plenty on cars in the past BUT I didn't work my ass off at Uni and then at my company for the last 10years to get myself into a position to buy a brand new car and never mind that a $50k car to then stick a piece of painted plywood on the side rather than get something OEM that matches as it should.

It's not lack of ingenuity, its not wanting to cut corners or "botch" things

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently Brits have no ingenuity either seeing as that's where I'm from :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if this was shade thrown at me but I'll bite...

To be honest it's not that I lack ingenuity as a mechanical engineer I have to use my ingenuity pretty much daily! I've been wrenching on cars since I was a kid in the early 90s with my old man, we always had a work around or "fix" for things and I've done stuff my self plenty on cars in the past BUT I didn't work my ass off at Uni and then at my company for the last 10years to get myself into a position to buy a brand new car and never mind that a $50k car to then stick a piece of painted plywood on the side rather than get something OEM that matches as it should.

It's not lack of ingenuity, its not wanting to cut corners or "botch" things
No shade intended. Just an idea for the general audience. I get the idea that we are spending a pile of cash. We deserve to have the rig we desire for our money.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want to see 2DR carbonized gray body with the black painted top.
Sponsored