andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 4G White!
This makes it AntiMatter for me. Area 51 not available on base. I had a '69 Cougar that was maroon at night or in the shade, but a golden flake in the clearcoat made it cherry red in the daytime. Yellow light reflection defeating the blue in the maroon undercoat. Black at night and blue in the sunshine. I like it.

Advertisement

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Clubs

I was sold on Cactus Grey, but for some strange reason I keep getting drawn back to Area 51, must be from watching to many episodes of X-Files. I love Area 51 in the shade and hate it in the sunshine. Also don't like it on the Bronco Sport but think it might look awesome on the big Bronco. Anyone have real time photos of 51 on the big Bronco, don't remember seeing any out there.
200.gif
Well, A51 is going to be an amazing color. I would get it myself but it’s too close to the color car I have now. The one thing that has me moving away from cactus grey, is it is by far the most popular color, and there is going to be a ton of Broncos here. Almost everyone drive 4wds here and they are going to be everywhere, so I need something that stands out a bit

bozmosis

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Clubs

I have a 2013 Kodiak Brown F150 right now. If I go somewhere to pick something up I have to tell the person my truck is brownish black. I still have issues sometimes. I parked to pick up dinner one night and waited 15 minutes before I went in to see where our order was. Person inside said my truck is black, not brownish black. Also, I had washed my truck one day and our neighbors came over and wanted to know about our new truck. The sun was out and the brown was standing out.

So, I'm not sure why but anti-matter blue appeals to me. I guess I like messing with peoples heads. (Plus, I think it will look sharp if we can do white roofs.)

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Clubs

Thanks! This confirms AMB for me. A little too dark for my ideal color but that shine in the sun is going to make the Broncos lines pop and bring the color to life.

White top with silver grill and maybe white sights and handles will balance it all out well. Can’t wait.

Rick Astley

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
Okay, now that I'm not drunk I'll chime in properly.
This is about where I expected CG to look like on the paint card at the dealership the other day. As mentioned in my thread last Friday night, the paint cards Ford used will be very good for some colors but not very good for others, their cards are purely plastic and not actually painted.

From that thread, here is the Cactus Gray card Ford produced. And again. It shows a hint of blue which was not noticeable with the naked eye.

20200918_203635.jpg
20200918_203529.jpg
20200918_204436.jpg

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
but....dream with me for a minute. What if Ford made a Bronco that ACTUALLY looked like THIS? Instead of freshly poured cement. You be in???

1600645945277.png
That’s exactly what I expect VB to look like in that type of lighting.

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
What if?!?!

Here me out.

It’s a CGI of CG or A51, but in real life VB in that setting actually looks like that, because I’d wager VB in that setting is going to be the closest representation of that fake image.

Used2jeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

What if?!?!

Here me out.

It’s a CGI of CG or A51, but in real life VB in that setting actually looks like that, because I’d wager VB in that setting is going to be the closest representation of that fake image.
<Exploding Brain>

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
You'd have better luck picking the Queen of Spades in NYC 3-card monte...than you'd have identifying Ford's colors after the CGI wizards mess with them
I’m not sure you’re understanding me, Ford CGI wizards may be saying it’s a representation of CG at sunset or a representation of A51 at sunset. I could care less what they say it’s supposed to represent.

I’m saying if you parked real CG, A51, and VB Broncos in that same setting, VB is going to be the closest representation of that fake image.

If it’s a CGI image, it may never exist, in this case, it may exist (or very closely), just not in the same context the CGI claimed it would be (ie VB instead of A51 or CG).

Advertisement

Advertisement