Advertisement

Cactus Gray and Area 51

m421

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser UE 6MT
For those who are wondering what color Cactus Gray and Area 51 really are: I pulled Ford's color PDF ( https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf ) into photoshop to check the colors. Photoshop says Cactus Gray is a very low saturation green. Area 51 looks like a blueish cyan.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 1.52.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.06.48 AM.png

With low saturation gray colors like these it can be almost impossible to get a photo that looks like what you see in person (something I'm familiar with thanks to my Heritage Blue FJ). Default processing in digital cameras and cell phones tries to pump up the color but is easily thrown off by lighting (especially artificial lighting). Like some of the Area 51 photos I'm seeing, all the first photos of the Heritage Blue FJs made them look baby blue, probably the processing thinking that's probably sky and needs to be a lighter bluer color. We'll really have to see these in person before we know.

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
For those who are wondering what color Cactus Gray and Area 51 really are: I pulled Ford's color PDF ( https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf ) into photoshop to check the colors. Photoshop says Cactus Green is a very low saturation green. Area 51 looks like a blueish cyan.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 1.52.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.06.48 AM.png

With low saturation gray colors like these it can be almost impossible to get a photo that looks like what you see in person (something I'm familiar with thanks to my Heritage Blue FJ). Default processing in digital cameras and cell phones tries to pump up the color but is easily thrown off by lighting (especially artificial lighting). Like some of the Area 51 photos I'm seeing, all the first photos of the Heritage Blue FJs made them look baby blue, probably the processing thinking that's probably sky and needs to be a lighter bluer color. We'll really have to see these in person before we know.
Exactly, no pictures are going to suffice. We're going to need to see these in person and in different lighting conditions. Hopefully this will be possible with the Sport. I'm leaning Area 51... don't know if the Sport is available in the green too. Hope it is for y'all leaning that way.

fomoco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Cactus Gray is definitely more green than gray (even you called it Cactus Green :LOL:). It varies based on lighting but sometimes it is a scary green. That is why is tough to pick a color at this point without being able to see in person. Ending up with a vehicle with a color I regret because I based it off online pics would not be good.

Advertisement

Advertisement