Sponsored

How do you wire these to aux switch for Base fog lights?

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do you wire these to aux switch for Base fog lights? My understanding is that fuse isn't necessary (meaning #1 can be discarded), while #2 can serve as ground wire, however attached diagram calls for negative battery terminal connection. TIA

IMG_3157.jpeg
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This video might help you. You can forward to about the 8 min point for the wiring. You can cut off the relay part and the fuse if you are using AUX switches. So all you really need are the red and black wires coming from the fog connectors. That #3 side looks very short though.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't technically need the relay or the fuse if you're using the aux switch since that will serve as the switch that's already fused (assuming the switch is enough amps to power the lights). Like @BudgetBronco said, you can just connect both red wires coming off the light terminals to the switch of your choice, then ground the black wires somewhere on the frame.

Alternatively, if you wanted to use that harness, and you're fine with keeping the redundant fuse & relay, you'd connect (1) to your positive battery terminal, (2) to a grounding point on the frame or the negative battery terminal (either one will work), and (5) connects to the aux switch wire of your choice.

OP
OP

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This video might help you. You can forward to about the 8 min point for the wiring. You can cut off the relay part and the fuse if you are using AUX switches. So all you really need are the red and black wires coming from the fog connectors. That #3 side looks very short though.

#3 is short indeed, so I'll prolly just keep relay and fuse. Would I need to connect #1 to positive battery terminal in that case or should I ground it since lights will get power from aux switch thru #5?

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will need to ground any of your lights when getting power from any of the aux switches. I bundled all 6 of my various grounds wires to a single point in the engine compartment.
Sponsored