Sponsored

How does dealership handle 10 month wait with trade in?

JohnnyBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I order in December, I'm trading my F150. I need to drive it until delivery of the Bronco in....April/June.
How does the dealership handle trade value in such a case? Do they value it based on April 2021 value?
I want to make sure I'm not going to get hosed on this.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I order in December, I'm trading my F150. I need to drive it until delivery of the Bronco in....April/June.
How does the dealership handle trade value in such a case? Do they value it based on April 2021 value?
I want to make sure I'm not going to get hosed on this.
You may get an idea from them up front but even we would not lock a number in for 8 - 9 months from now..

I would say get a rough estimate...if you have extra vehicles sell if privately, online, or to a CarMax type store...early to maximize the value...

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the exact same situation. I've made peace with the fact that I may own two vehicles for a spell, and have to sell my current car to a private party on my own if the dealership isn't willing to pay me a reasonable market value.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reply from my dealer: “When it comes time to convert to an order we can appraise the Jeep.”
I may trade it in at order and use the Cooper S during winter!

Sponsored

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They will not commit a value to you right now because your truck will be worth less with higher mileage/wear & tear over the next 9 months.

Before you trade in at that dealer, get an offer from another dealer, Carmax, try private, etc

Used Truck values are holding steady right now because of the drop in new production.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, my plan, formulated with info from Albert, is to get the Carmax estimate within 20 days of trade in and take that to Granger. I’ve already done a estimate now and I am happy with projected depreciation. Also saves a ton in Colorado taxes by trading.

I understand not everyone can do that but I’m going to turn it into a fishing trip and visit a buddy That teaches at Drake.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out carvana as option to sell, if available in your area.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you'd need to be prepared to sell it now or not know price until delivery. You could have a method of price agreed upon (NADA trade in value at time of delivery for example) so you know you have questions on delivery.

One warning I think you should know. Used cars are the highest I've ever seen them right now so I'd be shocked if it wasn't much lower next summer than right now.
Sponsored