Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands Non-Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

I purchased a 2022 4dr Badlands non-squach but with beadlock 33's and a softtop. I paid 51k for it and was bought at a dealership in the dakotas.

Just a young and dumb kid wondering if I got fleeced or did the fleecing!
Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda depends, engine? Miles? auto or stick? what other options on it or is it stripped down?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What was MSRP?

OP
OP
BroncosCountryLetsRide
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda depends, engine? Miles? auto or stick? what other options on it or is it stripped down?
4 cylinder and it was a brand new Automatic. Below are the options added. MSRP was 51,580
Ford Bronco How good/bad of a deal did I get?? IMG_2702

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Noone should be paying over msrp. If you got it for that youre in the majority. If you got it under then you did good.

OP
OP
BroncosCountryLetsRide
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be honest... you got one of the least desirable Badlands Broncos.

BUT, you paid right around MSRP—which is a win in today's world. Definitely didn't get fleeced, but I also wouldn't call it a good deal.
Could you educate me why?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

C'mon man, explain yoself! What does "least desirable" mean? Four doors with 2.3? Is this a subjective, sell-it-later kinda opinion? 🤔

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To wit, my 2023 2dr 2.3 w/auto Badlands Sasquatch High Package was $51,100 in 2021. To give you an idea. I got price lock, so the MSRP when I got my 2023, it was actually $54,400.

If you got MSRP and it's a Badlands, you did good; there are LOTS of other jokers paying literally thousands more for less, cuz little piggy bank is squealing and burning a hole in the proverbial pocket. I saw my exact 2dr 2023 on a lot for nearly $62k after ADM few months back. I've had my Bronco for less than six months.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you did fine. Not over MSRP for a non order seems fair to me.

Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BUT, you paid right around MSRP—which is a win in today's world. Definitely didn't get fleeced, but I also wouldn't call it a good deal.
“least desirable Badlands Broncos”
I‘d say that was a pretty subjective comment. Plenty of base owners out there who are pretty happy too. I’d think if he bought for MSRP then he did just fine. He’s driving a Bronco and not like others who have been perpetually waiting for theirs to be built.

Stanley Crewell

Outer Banks
First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mountaineer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If You are ok with the price and like the vehicle you got, then you did just fine. Now go have fun with it. I think you'll find that driving any Bronco is quite desirable! :)

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Both fair... and I should have explained myself.

It's got the least desirable engine (2.3L), with the least desirable top (soft top), the least desirable tire available on the Badlands (Goodyear Territory), with the standard package—no equipment package upgrade.

Obviously all of these items are extremely subjective, and everyone has different opinion/tastes. For example, I actually like the 2.3L more than the 2.7L. (And I would never consider buying an automatic when a manual transmission is available.) But safe to say I'm in the minority with that opinion.

I'm just purely going off of sales numbers and market prices. The Badlands Broncos that are selling close to or are at MSRP are those base Badlands with the soft top and 2.3L engine. That's effectively what this is. Doesn't mean it's a bad vehicle at all, and I am someone who is much more likely to buy a base Badlands than I am to buy a Lux-packaged Badlands. But if you go off of market prices it is the least desirable config for this trim level.
Good explanation.
Only correction is his package is actually getting the BF Goodrich 33” KO2s and not the less desirable GY Territory MTs.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both fair... and I should have explained myself.
Some other goob, I would've gone right over it. I figured you had a well-qualified response, since you know what you're talking about. From a new sales point of view, I get it, and thanks for the explainer.

I don't know anyone is getting below MSRP, and the Badlands is an entry into a good group to be in. The tires, pfft. I also have the 2.3 and think that's just fine! The V6 would've had've actually been an upgrade for me to consider it, not a buff on a gloss.

Some people like the soft top; it is expensive to replace. The package is what it is; it's still MSRP, and as I pointed out, the OP paid just about what my 2dr BL high sas was in 2021. (They actually built a 4dr, by accident ;) ;), and it was only maybe $2k more). I guess the stereo can always be pimped regardless.

One oddity, if it's not a typo, is it's a 2022. Again, is what it is and other than the MIC (that OP doesn't have), I don't know it's actually different than the 2023.

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nah, if you look at the window sticker in this post, it's got the 33" Goodyear Territory MT tires. Looks like the dealer ordered it that way for their stock order.
I stand corrected. I haven’t seen any non-squatch Badlands with any tire other than the BF Goodrich KO2s. Very interesting and good eye.
Sponsored