Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys. My MIC 2.0 has had multiple water leaks on the rear shell and is also cracking. I was forced to take it to the dealer sooner than later because the fuel pump also gave out. Dealer says they have to replace the rear shell which is no suprise to me. The Bronco has already been at the dealer for close to a month and they just figured out what they need to do. They have no idea how long its going to take to get a roof but they won't let me get the bronco back in the meantime because of how bad the cracking is getting along with the risk of the window falling out. I'd really hate for it to sit there for months on end without being driven. What seems to be the average time to get a new rear shell?
Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps and one lone Bronco (so far)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There hasn't been any good ETAs on replacement MIC tops.

Good luck in your quest.

Curious if they'd let you take the rig back if you left the hard top with them and got a soft top to run until the replacement hardtop came in?

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has nobody gotten a mic 2.0 replacement recently?

8421dave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Sequoia, 20 Volvo S60, 62 Impala Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine started cracking under the side window. Pointed it out during my first oil change and they approved right away. Made appt to come back a week later for replacement but they received it in 2 days. They swap all glass and hardware over and doesn’t come with headliner as that needs to be ordered and installed separately.

D7C4B595-1065-4BD0-8D85-577E224BC8C9.jpeg

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had a warranty top ordered since October of 2021. Only reason I'm not upset, is because mine is already a 2.0 and I'm hoping they take as long as they need to get it right so that I don't get the same issues on the replacement. One of the things I'm going to try to have fixed when they work on the synchronizers...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine started cracking under the side window. Pointed it out during my first oil change and they approved right away. Made appt to come back a week later for replacement but they received it in 2 days. They swap all glass and hardware over and doesn’t come with headliner as that needs to be ordered and installed separately.

D7C4B595-1065-4BD0-8D85-577E224BC8C9.jpeg
2 days?!?!

8421dave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Sequoia, 20 Volvo S60, 62 Impala Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was just trying to get it logged in the system for review and eventual replacement. Totally didn’t expect to get it replaced in a week.
In reality with no true design changes to the MIC, eventually Ford will start to deny these claims and we need to consider Cerakote or LineX as the ultimate solutions.
Sponsored