Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heavy rain here in CA this weekend and looks like I'm joining the driver's A-Pillar leak club. When I got in the Bronco, I was literally watching the water stream out from under the air bag. My floor is soaked... What a freakn' mess. Only 2K miles on this thing.
Sponsored

Peflyers

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger,Broncg5,Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at a dealership, waited 2 years, passenger side a piller/air bag area leaks, same as others, floor,carpet,off glovebox,and dripping off of center console side panel. Took it to work,parked inside. Will see what happens Monday.

Peflyers

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger,Broncg5,Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TBS UPDATED TO 22-2403, 21 TO 22 YEARS ONLY

Peflyers

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger,Broncg5,Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 Badlands, 1 month old today, water leaking in a piller, passenger side, r and r top panels, still leaking, at the dealership right now. Waiting for Ford tech hotline to wave the all knowing answer, no holding much hope unfortunately. My 1996 Bronco has had a leak in in rear tailgate area for 15 years, if I have to live with a leaking Bronco, I will lemon law the 23 and keep the 1996.

Hunterwjusmc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the same leak on the passenger side. The dealer did the header seal TSB and also told me that Ford admitted that some Broncos were missing some or all of the push-pins. Mine was missing two of them. They had to backorder both the new seal and the pins. After two weeks in the shop they gave it back to me.

About a week later it rained and I got in my Bronco to find water running down the a pillar again and a pool in the passenger footwell! I drove straight to the dealer. I got the sales manager, service manager and the Service.Parts Director and layed into them all. They then had my Bronco for another two weeks. They finally found that the seal between the mid top and the front tops had a crease in it which allowed water into the channel or gutter as they call it which then dripped onto the rollbar and flowed all the way down the A pillar. They replaced the mid-top seal and I have not had a leak since...knock on wood

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ours leaked, after a year it went in for an oil change and I told them about it they did something to the seal and it stopped for 4 months, but I noticed it's back again.

At this point I'm just considering it a "feature".

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have this leak, had it in the dealer and still leaking. I did some investigation under the interior trim and noticed the two drivers side bolts holding the header seal to the body are missing the nuts. Does anyone know the size or part number of those bolts to order @Ford Motor Company? I think the water is leaking through those loose bolts into the interior trim and then into the drivers side airbag and aux switch panel.

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have this leak, had it in the dealer and still leaking. I did some investigation under the interior trim and noticed the two drivers side bolts holding the header seal to the body are missing the nuts. Does anyone know the size or part number of those bolts to order @Ford Motor Company? I think the water is leaking through those loose bolts into the interior trim and then into the drivers side airbag and aux switch panel.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 leaking into A pillar trim IMG_0055

Just an FYI for everyone following this thread. I had my dealer order and add the nuts to the bolts highlighted above and this completely fixed my leak. As I inferred, the leak was caused from water getting into the sealed channel along the A-Pillar. This is supposed to happen, and there are drainage holes at either end of the channel. However, because of the missing nuts, water was leaking through the holes with the loose bolts, into the interior plastic trim under the A-Pillar and then would leak out either through the Aux Switch housing (and into the gap around the hero switches and all over the electric in there) or through the drivers side A-Pillar airbag housing. This is also why it generally wouldnā€™t leak when the car wasnā€™t moving. When the car was moving, and those bolts would shake/move, and water would then leak through. @Ford Motor Company I would look into this as the cause of a lot of leaks along theA-Pillar. I think several vehicles may be missing the nuts as Iā€™ve indicated.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s an issue with the windshield seal. Mine was fine until a rock cracked my windshield and i had it replaced. thereā€™s a setting pin that penetrated the seal when they replaced it and started to leakā€¦ profusely. I had Safelite come back and they took it off and reapplied the glass with a new seal, careful of the pin. No more leaking.
Looks like mine problem too.

Sponsored

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got into my Bronco today and the passenger floor mat had water pooled in it. We have had lots of rain heavy and light rains some has lasted for days and even a hail storm and mine did not leak till yesterday. I will be taking it to the dealer to make them replace the header seal as shown in the bulletin.
ā€˜Has anyone had this issue resolved by the dealer? I paid way to much money for me to have to fix this myself and that is the purpose of having a warranty!

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got into my Bronco today and the passenger floor mat had water pooled in it. We have had lots of rain heavy and light rains some has lasted for days and even a hail storm and mine did not leak till yesterday. I will be taking it to the dealer to make them replace the header seal as shown in the bulletin.
ā€˜Has anyone had this issue resolved by the dealer? I paid way to much money for me to have to fix this myself and that is the purpose of having a warranty!
What type of top (hard or soft) meets with your windshield? I donā€™t have the issue with my hard panels but still do with my soft. I even with the header seal it still leaked with the new header seal. I actually had a bigger gap with I didnā€™t noticed with the hard top until I put the soft top on. I ended up put some foam weather stripping to close the gap and it works great now unless I go through a high pressure car wash. You should also look into getting the IAG interior led dome lights. They are the perfect lighting solid for the lack of lighting in the Bronco. Easy to install by your self, just be careful connecting to the right color wire. The one obvious color isnā€™t the correct one. The one you need is towards the back of the bundle. Also you can replace the OEM rear light for a much better after market which is plug and play also on IAG (rear dome led light).

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll have to confess here, that I fully expected my MY22 2.0 MIC to leak, even brand new. Iā€™m too old to think otherwise. I drove it in some heavy rain two days ago and Iā€™m still surprised it doesnā€™t leak. The number of intricate individual seals and drain channels incorporated into the MIC roof is amazing. Had I been the head of the MIC top design team, when presented with the design review, my response would probably have been, ā€œAre you kidding me?ā€

Every rag top, convertible, and sun/moon roof vehicle I have owned (been driving for 57 years now) has eventually leaked. Rain predicted?, bring a towelā€¦.

Living in Houston and being old, Iā€˜ve only had the top off the Bronco a couple of times. I use silicone grease on the seals when I put it back on. Looking into getting some proper ā€œseal dressingā€ for it. Any recommendations? Also, it is imperative to keep the drain channels from plugging with dirt.

Still amazed though with no drips when it rains. My daughter has a 22 4 door OB. I havenā€™t heard and complaints from herā€¦. yet.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™ll have to confess here, that I fully expected my MY22 2.0 MIC to leak, even brand new. Iā€™m too old to think otherwise. I drove it in some heavy rain two days ago and Iā€™m still surprised it doesnā€™t leak. The number of intricate individual seals and drain channels incorporated into the MIC roof is amazing. Had I been the head of the MIC top design team, when presented with the design review, my response would probably have been, ā€œAre you kidding me?ā€

Every rag top, convertible, and sun/moon roof vehicle I have owned (been driving for 57 years now) has eventually leaked. Rain predicted?, bring a towelā€¦.

Living in Houston and being old, Iā€˜ve only had the top off the Bronco a couple of times. I use silicone grease on the seals when I put it back on. Looking into getting some proper ā€œseal dressingā€ for it. Any recommendations? Also, it is imperative to keep the drain channels from plugging with dirt.

Still amazed though with no drips when it rains. My daughter has a 22 4 door OB. I havenā€™t heard and complaints from herā€¦. yet.
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine-Shin-Etsu-Grease/dp/B006Z9TZ9M

This stuff works great, read the reviews. It's a different animal than typical silicone grease.
Sponsored