Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP

BOFOL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope they don't oversize the 6th gen Bronco The full-size Bronco was nice, but I'd like to see a true genuine Wrangler killer. My dream would be that it's a mix of the Raptor and a Wrangler.
There is just no way if it is based on the Ranger platform it will differ THAT much in size, it wouldnt make sense to base them off the same platform if that were the case. Also the Bronco hasn't been a small vehicle since gen 1 essentially.
Sponsored

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
4 - Two Standard, two small half suicide style doors for 2nd row access....

Tour18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4, Porsche 993tt, Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like to see a truly compact SUV like the Broncos of past so I'm hoping for a 2 door version. There's enough Ford SUVs to cover the demand for those that want bigger.
I'm with Moniturr. I'll either have a 2 door Bronco or a 2 door Defender. I've been in hold mode for the new Defender. A Bronco is something new to consider. It's entirely up to Ford...

Nite Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Bronco Nite edition 5.8L, 4" superlift on 33x15's, Magnaf
Four doors would make it a Centurion. Which is cool, but not going to compete with the Wrangler.

Sponsored

broncojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 1967 1968 1973 bronco1929 roadster 1932 roadster tudo
Go old school style in a boxy fashion with modern upgrades : leaned back windshield, removable top and fords great interior designs high in technology

ej Schwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 f-150, 69 Bronco, 68 Mustang
I agree with you, cost will determine alot. sad but true.

ej Schwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 f-150, 69 Bronco, 68 Mustang
I would hope that Ford would do both a 2 and 4 door, 2 for the purists like myself, and 4 so sales will be as high as possible, thus allowing the Bronco to exist for a long time to come. Reality is 4 would sell more, but without a 2 door it will instantly be labeled a fake, and sales would suffer, so either way at this point Ford needs both to ensure the success of the vehicle, along with a visual style that pays respect to the nameplate. Ford has the mustang, and they sorta manage to walk the tightrope between the many customers there, so they might be able to pull off the Bronco too...not to be confused with "bronco II"...ha....

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door, it's a Bronco. Centurion sales were almost non existent, yet Suburbans were sellers. The purists will want a 2 door, the mall crawler crowd will want 4 doors.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would hope that Ford would do both a 2 and 4 door, 2 for the purists like myself, and 4 so sales will be as high as possible, thus allowing the Bronco to exist for a long time to come. Reality is 4 would sell more, but without a 2 door it will instantly be labeled a fake, and sales would suffer, so either way at this point Ford needs both to ensure the success of the vehicle, along with a visual style that pays respect to the nameplate. Ford has the mustang, and they sorta manage to walk the tightrope between the many customers there, so they might be able to pull off the Bronco too...not to be confused with "bronco II"...ha....
Agree with that! Hope they come out with both. Fact is 70% of Wrangler sales are 4-door so Ford can't afford not to make a 4-door Bronco, but then again it's a Bronco so it'd be weird if didn't also come as a 2-door. Hopefully the bean counters and product planners at Ford have worked out the math to have both versions!

Sponsored

fourbyfour

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rumor is the Wrangler is set to gain in length and size when it gets redesigned in 2018, due to popular demand. I can't understand why people need so much comfort and legroom in a vehicle designed for offroad utility.

Silverjp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford mustang
They shouldn't be building these for soccer moms. Which is what jeep is doing now with those silly 4 door grocery getters. This should be built as a off road vehicle so only 2 doors is optimal for that. A long wheel base is terrible for trails, think high centering. Let jeep build cars for the suburban life, and Ford should build trucks for the true adventurers.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They shouldn't be building these for soccer moms. Which is what jeep is doing now with those silly 4 door grocery getters. This should be built as a off road vehicle so only 2 doors is optimal for that. A long wheel base is terrible for trails, think high centering. Let jeep build cars for the suburban life, and Ford should build trucks for the true adventurers.
Agreed totally agree that's what us enthuisasts would want to see but unfortunately there also needs to be a business case for building a new model in the first place, and the sales figures to keep building it year after year. Ford is a corporation charged with maximizing shareholder profits so bottom line is they still need to make money and be profitable, so their cars do too.

Point being that 70% of Wranglers sold are 4 door so that's clearly where the most sales will be for the Bronco. It'd be foolish to not make a 4 door Bronco. I just hope that they also make a 2 door Bronco!

Silverjp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford mustang
But they already have a 4 door, the Ford exploder. Bronco has never been a 4 door and never should be. People already have other alternatives from ford and I don't think they should mess with history and a proven formula that worked for almost half a century.

Silverjp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford mustang
I'm truly not concerned with what jeep does and Ford shouldn't be either. Why can't Ford create a new market with this and not bother with competition that in the realm of reality doesn't even exsist. Jeep people but jeeps and always will, while bronco people but the best off road vehicle ever created, and they don't include 4 doors.
Sponsored