Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So to add more confusion to this, all those pictures of the reveal prototype in Cactus Grey with the white top, are almost certainly not really Cactus Grey. I know two people who saw that build at two different events, my brother being one of them. They have both seen Cactus Grey/ Fighter Jet Grey (same color and paint code) in person. They swear the official Cactus Grey color and that prototype build are not the same color. Ford pulled a switcheroo.
If this is true, it would be a relief to my sense of sanity. I’ve never understood how that launch video (and early marketing photos) could be so obviously contrary to the current reality.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been set on A51 for a couple of months but the other day I went and looked at an A51 sport on a cloudy day after it had rained and was underwhelmed. It just appeared dull. But maybe I should expect that from a paint color that looks like it could be primer.

The A51 Bronco at the OKC auto show looked much different but it also had the blue ford lights all around it.

My wife really likes the AMB so perhaps pinstriping be damned. Good thing that color can be changed after March 19th.
Once I saw A51 next to my Grabber blue stang that eliminated it for me. It’s way too washed out and pale for my tastes

EA9F11D9-BA97-400A-9810-7397FDBF682C.jpeg

6F8195F3-9EB7-457A-9D98-8D747AA92887.jpeg

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once I saw A51 next to my Grabber blue stang that eliminated it for me. It’s way too washed out and pale for my tastes

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 6F8195F3-9EB7-457A-9D98-8D747AA92887

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 6F8195F3-9EB7-457A-9D98-8D747AA92887
I also went down to KM Ford and hated the A51 Sport.

So the answer to how many people are going to hate their color is equal to how many people order A51 :p

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably the same number of people that aren't even sure of the amount they will be paying, $40k, $50k, or $60k. Talk about your WTF moment!
that's what thought before the B&P came out and I seen all these people say I am going get BD or BL and going add all the accessors and thought they was going still pay under 50k for it

Fredz

Outer Banks
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Santa Fe and 2014 Excape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
Go to your local ford dealer and ask to see a 2021 Ford Ranger in Cactus Gray. No hint of green or blue! Don't know how they got it to look so different in so many pics.

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Area 51 looks like crap on the Bronco Sport because they're ugly AF to start with. Put lipstick on a pig..
This. I completely agree with. I looked at one and it turned me off the A51 because it did not look good on the Sport.

But I mean look at this beauty. I hope it comes like this lol.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-20-

mackdriver431

Black Diamond
First Name
ANTHONY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TOYOTA FJ CRUISER 2007
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully it'll help that Sports have started hitting the road. I was completely CG until I saw it in person two months ago on a ranger and didn't love it, but saw an A51 on the sport and knew that's what i wanted
You can get good look at the Area 51 color on BRONCO 6G, the overland build that is going around

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was seeking to see the Cyber Orange (or even A51) I just used the Ford website to do a color search of local inventory in Sports, Mach-E and Ranger. For those colors it is easy to narrow down because they are on limited models.

For the other colors, it is easy to do a search on your local Ford dealer website to see if they have Blues (for AMB stock) or grays (for Cactus) in whatever vehicle. Write down who has what, and go for a ride in the kind of light (or multiple rides for different lighting) and see with your own eyes and take pics to compare to your screen.
But Michael, that would require common sense and a modicum of effort! You sir are asking too much!!!

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting Cactus Gray, but only because of the wife. It shouldn't matter much as I am wrapping it mist blue metallic matte. Old school with a twist.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to your local ford dealer and ask to see a 2021 Ford Ranger in Cactus Gray. No hint of green or blue! Don't know how they got it to look so different in so many pics.
...because people don't take into consideration each monitor renders colors differently.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. I completely agree with. I looked at one and it turned me off the A51 because it did not look good on the Sport.

But I mean look at this beauty. I hope it comes like this lol.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-20-
A51 does it for me in that shade-side photo. Liking it. But some of the bright sunlight photos? Not so sure.

Hard decision especially some of the metallics that are changing appearance in different lightings. As a dedicated red vehicle guy, going to try and checkout rapid red at a dealership this weekend (since I'm stuck with base colors).

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting Cactus Gray, but only because of the wife. It shouldn't matter much as I am wrapping it mist blue metallic matte. Old school with a twist.
I'm thinking night blue metallic for mine.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen all the colors on other vehicles, still do not know how they will look on THE Bronco however, playing it safe with oxford white. Luckily I think it will look quite nice.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the amount of videos of the painted gas cans on YouTube no one with the ability to competently use the internet to reserve a Bronco should be bitching about not being competent enough to search for the color they are interested in. Furthermore anyone looking at CGI to determine the accurate color is just plain stupid.
Sponsored