PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have a base. Once a decent hitch comes out, I will have no problem towing ~ 5000 - 6000. Cross member only hitch is a non starter.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unless it's a very short distance, I wouldn't tow 4,500 with a Bronco even if it had the 2.7Liter.

If you don't want the huge truck anymore, maybe look at something like a used Grand Cherokee diesel. I think the towing capacity on that was 7,200 lbs.
I could easily tow a 2 horse trailer loaded with horses using a Grand Cherokee Diesel. And didn’t feel it behind me. I was surprised by how capable it was.

Big Jim

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
rick assey i bow to your better knowledge.
Your mental capacity is second to none.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switch it put for a 914 or a Caterham. :)

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should see how the rear squats 2” (3300lb trailer) with a 4dr BL, 2.7 & factory tow and 12% tongue weight.

OP
OP
Eruption883

Eruption883

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘78 F250 camper special, ‘19 GT3 RS, transit van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could always change track cars to something lighter...maybe Mazda Miata or Ariel Atom? Those freaking cars track like they were on rails and would put you within tow limits based on your trailer weight.

OP
OP
Eruption883

Eruption883

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘78 F250 camper special, ‘19 GT3 RS, transit van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switch it put for a 914 or a Caterham. :)
Ha! Problem is, everyone else on track is silly fast, so gotta keep up. I miss the days when fast cars meant fast drivers, and not just crazy cars with all the Nannie’s keeping everyone safe and “fast”. Slow cars make fast drivers!
As for caterham, as much as I love them and know they are an amazing lightweight giant killer, after hitting a deer in an Ariel Atom at 230kph on the same track, I’m sticking with real “cars” on track now!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have a base. Once a decent hitch comes out, I will have no problem towing ~ 5000 - 6000. Cross member only hitch is a non starter.
Your problem will be if you are ever stopped by Smokey.....or break something. If it is found that you towed 4000# Jim Farley will have nothing to do with you. (I image Farley hauls his race car with an Expedition or F350.)

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crap, that bad?
Thats what I said too when I hooked my camper trailer up. A weight distribution setup for my camper isn't an option. The BL suspension is definitely soft.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your problem will be if you are ever stopped by Smokey.....or break something. If it is found that you towed 4000# Jimsyrte Farley will have nothing to do with you. (I image Farley hauls his race car with an Expedition or F350.)
I have zero worries about Smokey. Professional courtesy and all that. Farley can kiss my badge...

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok... here's how I see it...

You're going to have to "try it" locally with your Bronco (once you get it) to experience how it's going to work or not work. After doing that will be the time when you should think about getting rid of your current truck or not.

One other option.... as you say that you only need to tow this setup a few times over the summer is to just Rent a U-Haul Truck to pull the trailer for those few times.

Anyway.... that's how I'd go about figuring it out, because on an open forum like this you're going to get everything from ...... YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!! - to - You'll be perfectly fine.

Also....
Once the New Ranger (which the Bronco shares the frame with (not the current Ranger)) is out and Full Frame Width Hitches are made for it, that's when I'd look at a hitch that can mount to the Frame Rails or an aftermarket rear bumper which incorporates the receiver within it, as the current Cross Member (which is actually part Of the frame) IMHO is just "ok" and not "ideal".

Time will tell if someone (FoMoCo/suppliers) will offer upgraded components to improve the Bronco's Towing.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tongue weight on a 6000 lb trailer is roughly 750 lbs…..that leaves about 600 lbs for WDH, passengers and cargo to remain within rated weight limits. In addition, the GCWR for a Bronco is about 8800 lb. (Subtract the approx 5,000 lb Bronco base weight leaving 3800 lbs for trailer, passengers, & cargo). The more passengers and cargo in the vehicle, the lower the available towing weight available.
Sponsored