Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah it makes it easy. I have a 2 door. It weights 80LBs+
Mine with sound deadening, maybe some leftover windshield fluid? It felt like 100+ LBs.

Wife is pretty much useless when it comes to lifting heavy stuff.
I took it off once myself. Sit in the trunk, lift above my head, walk away, then slowly squad down put it on the ground. Sheesh... What a workout.

Putting it back though... haha not a chance. It has guide pins poking down. I can't see it when I sit on the trunk facing back. Also didn't want it to strach the paint.

Had to call my brother from another town to help me out.
Even though, he complains it hurts his fingers when putting it on the car xD
My wife is actually pretty strong and willing to lift quite a few things onto the top of our SUVs (70lb kayak). But if this is 100lbs or so and you need to be able to essentially lift it straight up and then hold it, I'm not sure she'll be able to do it.

Some options for us that are going it "alone."
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/homemade-hard-top-lift-tips.41759/

More expensive options:
https://topliftpros.com/pages/bronco

https://www.smarterhome.com/collections/all/products/hard-top-lifter?variant=42640266756342
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey RTR :) - Nice vid....buuuut you missed out on how to "properly put them in the Roof Bag" for the two Front Pieces. It makes it SO much easier to put in and close.

- Lie the roof bag down in the trunk with white logo and bronco UP and facing the tailgate (zipper side facing tailgate).
- Make sure to pull out the black liner down and over the bumper
- Remove the driver panel FIRST and flip over, with "CURVED side facing left" and slide into bag.
- Insert black liner over roof panel in bag.
- Remove Driver's side panel then make sure to turn the 3 "L" rockers into the LOCK position (this makes it easier to slide in and for them to "Clam" together")
- Then insert into bag with "Curved side facing right"
- Zip it up! :)

Hope this helps out!
I used the front panel bag once. Theres no place to put it with stuff in the back. I either put them behind the front seats, or in the garage. The mid panel, if I remove it, goes on the rear roof rack, or in the garage.

SmartSelect_20221102-234437_Gallery.jpg

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took the top off this weekend . . . I looked pretty goofy riding around in 50 degree temperatures bundled up like an Eskimo , driving with no top or doors on because I could . . .

50 degrees - 65 mph = cold as polar bears testicles while sitting on an iceberg.

For those of you living in the north, after growing up there for 22 years then moving to the south for work, the thick blood that used to keep me warm appears to have thinned out.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone have pics of how to store the panels in the bag in the trunk?

I didnt know you put it upright and tie down and strap to the back of the seat

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got these for the inside of the hard top to replace the 8 Torx bolts:
Ford Bronco HOW TO BRONCO: Hard Top Removal 1670425815770

Saves so much time but most importantly, I don't need to use the ratchet, which one day may lead to cracking the side glass panels if one were to be too hasty.
They also double as tie down points, which is my most used feature.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RTR Vehicles

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Within the next couple of weeks. Make sure you go to the site and sign up for back-in-stock notifications.
.........and for forum members you should all extend your BF/Cyber M sale to us!!!!! :). Hee hee..... :cool: That front grill is SEXY......

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know why it's recommended to store the back cap with the window swung out? Seems like more of a hazard than storing it with it closed. I get it's easier to remove with the glass swung out so you have somewhere to grab, just unsure on the storage part they mention (Ford mentions it in their removal video too).

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the latest episode of How to Bronco, Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Loren Healy go over step by step to show you how easy it is to remove the hardtop on your Ford Bronco.

In the video below, they demonstrate the process on a 4-door Bronco RTR. Check it out below and enjoy some top-off driving in your Ford Bronco.

Great video....OR...lossen all the claps and bolts drive at about 40 mph, find low branch on the trail...bingo/bango tops off!!

Sponsored

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saves so much time but most importantly, I don't need to use the ratchet, which one day may lead to cracking the side glass panels if one were to be too hasty.
I also opted for these. I will say though, there is no quick release for the bolts on the actual roof section but I just leave those unbolted. The rear cab-over on the 5th gen is so heavy that I don't even have a single bolt holding that one in anymore! lol

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why didn't FORD put some sort of rubberized coating on the ratchet? I winced every time the ratchet hit the glass . . . I see broken glass in my future . . . or at least vacuum hose on my ratchet . . .

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took the top off this weekend . . . I looked pretty goofy riding around in 50 degree temperatures bundled up like an Eskimo , driving with no top or doors on because I could . . .

50 degrees - 65 mph = cold as polar bears testicles while sitting on an iceberg.

For those of you living in the north, after growing up there for 22 years then moving to the south for work, the thick blood that used to keep me warm appears to have thinned out.
There's no going back once you leave UpState NY where it was often -20° at night and a heat wave was warming up to +25° during the day, and you shovel and salt, and There's always a set of snow or ice tires to put on during the winter . . . And now, the coldest it gets is 32° a couple of Days a year in Charleston. Is it possible to return?

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know why it's recommended to store the back cap with the window swung out? Seems like more of a hazard than storing it with it closed. I get it's easier to remove with the glass swung out so you have somewhere to grab, just unsure on the storage part they mention (Ford mentions it in their removal video too).
The rear glass hatch extends lower than the sides, and will not fold down all the way when on the ground, so most likely to protect the rear glass.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The rear glass hatch extends lower than the sides, and will not fold down all the way when on the ground, so most likely to protect the rear glass.
That totally makes sense now! I haven't taken mine off yet to find out, so really appreciate this info.
Sponsored