Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another happy beneficiary of your instruction!

This is what I ended up with. on my'23 Base 2-door with sub delete

Replaced dash and pods with Infinity reference 4" with no bass blockers and added Kicker 6.75 with fusion amp.

Where I veered a bit is in Forscan I turned dash/kick to speaker (not speaker/tweeter) just to see what would happen and it works fine. Not sure if I notice a difference between that and speaker tweeter.. but it definitely works.

I tried with 150HZ bass blockers and without. These little Infinity's pack a pretty good punch and seemed to handle it fine either way. I didn't like the loose connection of the bass blockers so I just got rid of them.

For the rear in Forscan I turned EQ off and set it to speaker sub.

I tried some 80's stuff and a few Man from Snowy River soundtrack songs, so nothing too challenging probably, but it works great! Not noticing any distortion, can actually hear sound from the back now and am tickled pink.

I am used to pretty crappy audio systems so I am easy to impress but not sure what I would do to improve. It sounds really good in this little 2-door and was cheap and easy no splicing or cutting.

I didn't even have to take the whole side panel off, just un-popped the rear clips and I was able to reach in and undo the 4 bolts holding the sub and amp and pull it out. Easy peasy
Sponsored

Onexl85

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello All!
If I installed ksc4” with bass blockers and ksc65s in the front, do I want to use forscan to change the output from speaker/tweeter to speaker?

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure this is mentioned here, but does the 7 speaker set up that comes stock need any messing around with in Forscan, for better quality?

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All!
If I installed ksc4” with bass blockers and ksc65s in the front, do I want to use forscan to change the output from speaker/tweeter to speaker?
The front channels are already set to "speaker" and have the full sound.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this is mentioned here, but does the 7 speaker set up that comes stock need any messing around with in Forscan, for better quality?
Only if you replace the rear 4" pod speakers with larger speakers or a sound bar.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The front channels are already set to "speaker" and have the full sound.
I think they come as speaker/tweeter?

But I tried it both ways (2,0 and B,3 in Forscan) and couldn’t really tell a difference, so not sure it matters that much.

Last edited:

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only if you replace the rear 4" pod speakers with larger speakers or a sound bar.
I would add quality aftermarket 4” speakers to the list.

I put some infinity 4”in the rear pods and tried the as built forscan as well as EQ off and set to speaker/sub (0,2) and it was huge difference. They woke up and sound so much better.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they come as speaker/tweeter?

But I tried it both ways (2,0 and B,3 in Forscan) and couldn’t really tell a difference, so not sure it matters that much.
The kick 4" dash speakers are physically wired to the same channel as the kick panel speakers. This means that they are getting the full speaker range of sound. To protect the 4" speakers, they have bass blockers from the factory.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The kick 4" dash speakers are physically wired to the same channel as the kick panel speakers. This means that they are getting the full speaker range of sound. To protect the 4" speakers, they have bass blockers from the factory.
Sorry, I worded my comment weird. You are right, they are getting full range.

I was just referring to the Forscan labeling of “speaker & tweeter vs speaker” as listed below.

• xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker (ACM disable)
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I worded my comment weird. You are right, they are getting full range.

I was just referring to the Forscan labeling of “speaker & tweeter vs speaker” as listed below.

• xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker (ACM disable)
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
This is just an assumption, but I believe that "Speaker" alone will activate a low-pass filter that will reduce the high-frequencies to the front channels. While this would be optimal for the 6.5" speakers, it would cut the output to the dash speakers.
I haven't heard of any reason to mess with the front channels in Forscan on the Bronco.

Sponsored

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So being that many of you have several variants of setups for new speakers/ mods/ subs, what is the opinion of best bang for buck setup for a 23 DR? I realize everyone's music taste and level of sound is different but curious

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So being that many of you have several variants of setups for new speakers/ mods/ subs, what is the opinion of best bang for buck setup for a 23 DR? I realize everyone's music taste and level of sound is different but curious
Depends on your price point and how comfortable you are digging into you Bronco's trim pieces.

If you are comfortable digging into the trim panels:
  1. Subwoofer install - 6.75" sub with Fusion/Bronco amp
  2. New 4" speakers upgrade for dash and rear pods
  3. Amplifier installation the 6 speakers
  4. New 6.75" speaker replacement for the kick panels
  5. Subwoofer amplifier upgrade
  6. Replace rear 4" pods with 6.5" pods
If you want to avoid digging into the trim panels completely, your options will be limited, but there is still easy steps you can take:
  1. Replace rear 4" pods with 6.5" pods
  2. Replace dash 4" speakers
---

I've ordered them from most impactful to least impactful, while also taking into account difficulty and price. Basically you just keep going down the list until you're happy.

Obviously some of the steps can be modified to save cash. If, for example, you are following the first list and have already decided you know you want 6.5" pod speakers... then there is no reason to buy new 4" rear pod speakers during step two.

If you do everything on the first list you are looking at $1000 - $1350 depending on what exactly you buy. The second list totals around the $400-$500 mark.

Last edited:

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on your price point and how comfortable you are digging into you Bronco's trim pieces.

If you are comfortable digging into the trim panels:
  1. Subwoofer install - 6.75" sub with Fusion/Bronco amp
  2. New 4" speakers upgrade for dash and rear pods
  3. Amplifier installation the 6 speakers
  4. New 6.75" speaker replacement for the kick panels
  5. Subwoofer amplifier upgrade
  6. Replace rear 4" pods with 6.5" pods
If you want to avoid digging into the trim panels completely, your options will be limited, but there is still easy steps you can take:
  1. Replace rear 4" pods with 6.5" pods
  2. Replace dash 4" speakers
---

I've ordered them from most impactful to least impactful, while also taking into account difficulty and price. Basically you just keep going down the list until you're happy.

Obviously some of the steps can be modified to save cash. If, for example, you are following the first list and have already decided you know you want 6.5" pod speakers... then there is no reason to buy new 4" rear pod speakers during step two.

If you do everything on the first list you are looking at $1000 - $1350 depending on what exactly you buy. The second list totals around the $400-$500 mark.
Thanks for the feedback. I am gonna try and stay around the $1k mark after reading this reply. ForScan is still needed to unlock all the goodies but 2023 seem to still have issues with it from what I see.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is just an assumption, but I believe that "Speaker" alone will activate a low-pass filter that will reduce the high-frequencies to the front channels. While this would be optimal for the 6.5" speakers, it would cut the output to the dash speakers.
I haven't heard of any reason to mess with the front channels in Forscan on the Bronco.
maybe so? I don’t know ..

I couldn’t hear a difference between the two settings. Tried them both just because and sounded the same to me

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After listening some more I’m actually not as happy with the subwoofer. It is the kicker 4ohm with fusion amp.

Seems like it’s trying to play higher frequencies maybe.. annoying on some songs so I deactivated it and much better.

The 4” speakers lack bass of course but it still sounds like a nice OEM setup.

is there such a thing as a lowpass filter for the sub? Basically the opposite of a bass blocker that can be wired in line.
Sponsored