Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There still is not a -good- mount bracket for the tailgate, this is the logical place to put it. My racksbrax is strapped to the tire which invites theft.
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great design. This is something I would buy, but I don't one a 4-Door.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice design, I'm sure we will see several Chinese knockoffs popping up :)
Yeah, I did a "poor man's patent" on it, however, I don't think any patent can stand up against a foreign knock-off. At least I know mine is high quality and made in the USA.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question for you is how will it be to mount, remove once you have to use the boards?

Whenever I’ve had to use them; only a few times for myself and to help someone else get unstuck, they are all mucked up with mud, snow, maybe sand. Not only is this filthy to handle, but not something I want inside my vehicle and that muck makes the boards a tad bigger too.

I do like the idea and the fab design is very good. If you come up with something for the outside, and outside of a roof rack, I can’t figure out one for a Bronco. (Don’t have mine yet, and it’ll be a 2Dr anyway). I’ll have a roof rack and plan to mount there, but since the rack doesn’t seem to be very popular, any other option would be brilliant and sell well if not crazy expensive.
Yeah, I figure the interior mount is great for us weekend warriors that keep boards on hand just for the occasional use.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question for you is how will it be to mount, remove once you have to use the boards?

Whenever I’ve had to use them; only a few times for myself and to help someone else get unstuck, they are all mucked up with mud, snow, maybe sand. Not only is this filthy to handle, but not something I want inside my vehicle and that muck makes the boards a tad bigger too.

I do like the idea and the fab design is very good. If you come up with something for the outside, and outside of a roof rack, I can’t figure out one for a Bronco. (Don’t have mine yet, and it’ll be a 2Dr anyway). I’ll have a roof rack and plan to mount there, but since the rack doesn’t seem to be very popular, any other option would be brilliant and sell well if not crazy expensive.
I'm a 2-dr owner/buyer like yourself so it doesn't really apply. But I view these brackets as a storage option prior to use. In most cases, you never have to use the traction boards. They are for insurance in the event you or someone else needs them. In the event they are used, you aren't going to want to store them inside. A bungee strap to the spare tire will work until you return to base camp/home where they can be cleaned and restored.

Edit: Or what Brandon said before my post.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a 2-dr owner/buyer like yourself so it doesn't really apply. But I view these brackets as a storage option prior to use. In most cases, you never have to use the traction boards. They are for insurance in the event you or someone else needs them. In the event they are used, you aren't going to want to store them inside. A bungee strap to the spare tire will work until you return to base camp/home where they can be cleaned and restored.

Edit: Or what Brandon said before my post.
True, a strap to that spare for a dirty set is a best option and cheaper than a permanent mount that will cost some money to mount.

Like I said earlier, love the creativity and Brandon’s design and they’ll serve some folks well.

Want to see him cut loose on an exterior mount too if he gets the urge. :)

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice design for sure. Wonder if there is a way to face them down for easier removal or is that not an issue

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice design for sure. Wonder if there is a way to face them down for easier removal or is that not an issue
ARB boards can definitely be mounted on the bottom of the bracket platform, upside down. Maxtrax boards are a few inches longer and won't fit between the brackets and roll bar.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, a strap to that spare for a dirty set is a best option and cheaper than a permanent mount that will cost some money to mount.

Like I said earlier, love the creativity and Brandon’s design and they’ll serve some folks well.

Want to see him cut loose on an exterior mount too if he gets the urge. :)
I know I've seen tailgate mounts in the past, right? Is there an inherent problem with what's out there already? My use case is to pretty much mount the boards out of sight and out of mind as I don't know that I'll use them as much as some of the hardcore mudders around here.

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted a better way to store my traction boards that would keep them out of the way when I don't need them. I'm a weekend warrior after all, and I consider my ARB boards as mostly insurance to someday get me out of a bind.

I used the existing nutserts in the rear of the roll bar to mount the brackets. I don't think the very early 4 doors had them, however, mine was built in October of 2021, so there's a few M8x1.25 holes that are perfect.

The mounted boards tuck right up inside the hardtop and you really don't even know they're there. They're tucked high enough that from the drivers seat, they don't obstruct the view at all. I'll have to put the top back on and get some more photos for you guys. They for sure fit the ARB boards (@Ryan at ARB ) and the Maxtrax boards, however, I haven't tested any other boards.

I found a local shop here in Utah to cut and bend the 12 gauge steel and another local shop to powder coat. Made the USA!

Let me know what you guys think. Unfortunately, the 2 door has a different roll bar design and this will not fit a 2 door. Theoretically, this will fit a 4 door soft top, but I highly doubt you can retract the roof back all the way without interference.

Brandon

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg
I like it a lot. Sure they’ll be dirty after using them, but I can always wash the inside out 😊
If there was a way to make a version for the soft top, where it could be folded back, I think I’d buy a set!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I've seen tailgate mounts in the past, right? Is there an inherent problem with what's out there already? My use case is to pretty much mount the boards out of sight and out of mind as I don't know that I'll use them as much as some of the hardcore mudders around here.
I like your mount but alas I'm a 2-dr owner. I like the idea of storing them out of sight/out of mind. They are there for insurance and most times are never used.

What I don't like about outside storage, besides attracting curious eyes and hands, is the exposure to the elements. I've seen some where the owner has toted along their traction boards only to bolster the tacti-cool image all the while the sun degrading the plastic. When deployed, the boards had become brittle and cracked.

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you selling this?? I'd be interested

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you selling this?? I'd be interested
I’ll build an e-commerce website this weekend and get a sponsorship on this site so I can talk price and sell some.