Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great use of space! I have a few questions.
Regarding the soft top: Is the 1/2 inch of space with on horizontal rack with the recovery boards mounted or unmounted(rack only)?

Also, I have the Borne recovery boards and they don't have any tech specs and wonder if they would work on your rack?
https://www.mishimoto.com/borne-off-road-traction-board-set.html

I would love to pull the trigger on these, but I want to make sure they won't cause my soft top any damage, etc... 😎
Looking at the pictures, they look like they would fit. I updated the website with more detailed fitment specifications so you can measure to be sure.
  • The bracket supports board hole widths at either 4.2" or 10.63" and board hole lengths between 34" and 41"
Sponsored

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would 4 (2 sets) stacked MaxTrax MKII boards fit? Or would only two fit? (Do you know the clearance between the top of the mount and the roof)
Sorry that I haven’t had a chance to remount the brackets and measure yet. I’ll have time to do it tomorrow for sure.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar 2CD03AB8-EE8A-4DC3-90DE-1E46F6A40701

Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar 6D7A9BD0-50BD-4870-9775-A750F7FF3343

I installed a set of Maxtrax MKII boards today and it’s unfortunate that they’re 2.25” longer than the ARB GT boards I’ve been using and the brackets have to be mounted in the lower position on the roll bar. They fit, but it’s a little tight to manipulate them up there with the MIC top in place.
If that bothers anyone that bought them, DM me and we’ll get them returned and refunded.
To be clear, they fit and it’s definitely not a blocker for you. You just can’t use the bracket’s higher mounting point.

Mounting them lower doesn’t block rear visibility either
Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar 3C08A182-2978-499C-A099-13E6C7F3B067

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would 4 (2 sets) stacked MaxTrax MKII boards fit? Or would only two fit? (Do you know the clearance between the top of the mount and the roof)
Maxtrax boards are a tight fit and I doubt you could manipulate 2 sets up there in spite of 5 3/4" clearance between the bracket platform and the top of the MIC top.

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed these brackets on my 2022 Bronco. Shipping was fast and installation with the included hardware was a breeze. You just need an allen wrench or hex screwdriver and 15 minutes.

My Max Trax MK IIs mount fine with a little bit of maneuvering from front to back and are mounted easily using the add-on wingnuts. I'll probably upgrade to knobs for fewer turns and appearance.

These brackets are perfect for someone like me who does not plan on using recovery boards often, but would rather have them 'just in case' when needed. In addition, I live in an urban area and share a common garage, so these mounts are a step up in security compared to external solutions such as spare tire, tailgate, and rack mounts.

Above all, Brandon provided awesome service with pre-order questions and his follow up was awesome. Overall, I'm stoked with this purchase.

Thanks for creating these @UtahBrandon !

20220910_162031.jpg

20220910_162020.jpg

20220910_162046.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a set on a soft top right now however, I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm told there's actually an inch between the rear of the bracket and the rear window so I think you're good. Additionally, the soft top sits higher than the MIC hard top so height should be no issue.

Either way, I'm going to get a set on a soft top by this weekend and do a more thorough evaluation and measurement. Stay tuned.
Any updates on that soft top fitment?

Desert Rider

First Edition
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1999 Super Duty, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the ARB TRED PRO boards that are the longest ARB recovery boards. The TRED PROS are 45.67" long, compared to the TRED GT boards that are only 42.7" long. I was still able to mount the TRED PROS inside my hardtop using Brandon's mounts, but it was very tight and I had to mount the boards using the lowest setting on the brackets.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates on that soft top fitment?
My neighbor, that I’m hoping to test fit with, was out of town all weekend so I’ll get it done this week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the ARB TRED PRO boards that are the longest ARB recovery boards. The TRED PROS are 45.67" long, compared to the TRED GT boards that are only 42.7" long. I was still able to mount the TRED PROS inside my hardtop using Brandon's mounts, but it was very tight and I had to mount the boards using the lowest setting on the brackets.
I do wish Tred Pro and Maxtrax boards weren’t quite so long. It’s admittedly a tight fit when the brackets are at the lowest setting.

if any weekend warriors are on the fence in which boards to buy, I recommend the ARB Tred GT boards as they offer tons of flexibility in mounting options, a lifetime warranty and are cheaper than the Tred Pro and Maxtrax boards.

Alternatively if you’ll be using them a lot, I would recommend looking at the ARB Tred Pro over the Maxtrax just due to the flexibility of mounting options. Compare the number of mounting holes between the two boards to see what I mean.

Note that my recommendation is based purely on mounting options and not performance, however, the reviews are good on both board brands.

Last edited:

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at the pictures, they look like they would fit. I updated the website with more detailed fitment specifications so you can measure to be sure.
  • The bracket supports board hole widths at either 4.2" or 10.63" and board hole lengths between 34" and 41"
What is the width of the board mount slots? I'm considering mounting underneath the brackets with knob bolts and using T-nuts on top in the slots to keep them from turning.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great use of space! I have a few questions.
Regarding the soft top: Is the 1/2 inch of space with on horizontal rack with the recovery boards mounted or unmounted(rack only)?

Also, I have the Borne recovery boards and they don't have any tech specs and wonder if they would work on your rack?
https://www.mishimoto.com/borne-off-road-traction-board-set.html

I would love to pull the trigger on these, but I want to make sure they won't cause my soft top any damage, etc... 😎
Did you end up purchasing this for use with the Borne traction boards? I'm debating buying both of these

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you end up purchasing this for use with the Borne traction boards? I'm debating buying both of these
Hey Rob,
I haven't purchased these. yet. I really like the idea, but besides making sure it fits my Borne traction boards, I'm not sure about that 1/2" space between the boards and my soft top. I asked about it, but didn't get a full answer... They did state that they should mount which is great, but I can't afford to damage my top. I guess I can always put something in between the mounted boards and the top, but if it came loose and caused any damage, I would be livid.. I recently ordered the full Hammer Built spare tire reinforcement set up which can also mount traction boards, but they haven't said a word about my order timeframe after a week. If HB doesn't answer in short order I'll be cancelling my order and looking back at this Pura Vida option. If you end up ordering please let me know how they work out! :cool:
Sponsored