Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, these are great photos. Thank you so much for taking the time to document. If I’m understanding correctly, if I move the platform forward an inch, you shouldn’t have issues lifting the rear?
Correct
The second pic from the bottom shows the back lifted. It is barely touching the board/mount.
Sponsored

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was just about to order an external mount, and started thinking about that empty space up there and bam came across this thread. I'm very interested in this mount for a 4-door soft top and pretty sure a bunch of others out there would be too. Hoping you can get a new soft-top compatible version figured out soon.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone think one of these could be fit on top of the bracket w/ a 48" HiLift in front of the boards, but behind the speaker pods?

I've got a 58" HiLift that really can only be mounted with a roof rack, but I like the idea of keeping it inside and away from the elements, thus I'm considering selling it and getting a shorter one to accommodate

Also, any update on the attic basket?

Last edited:
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered a set of Brandon's recovery board brackets less than three hours ago and already received tracking info. @UtahBrandon is super helpful and quick to answer questions. Very patient I might add. I will post pics as soon as I mount them. Thank you for all of your help, I'm very excited to see your craftsmanship.

Sponsored

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remove the boards? yes, with the top on, you kind of fish them to the left and right to get them in/out. You cannot, however, have permanent studs pointing upwards as there's not enough clearance with those. That's why my studs are inserted from the top, pointing downward. Another option is to point the studs downward and mount the boards underneath the platform. That works for ARB boards, but not Maxtrax as they're too long to fit inside the roller bar/brackets.
Just to clarify, with max trax and a hardtop installed there is no configuration that will allow the boards to be removed?

TYIA

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to clarify, with max trax and a hardtop installed there is no configuration that will allow the boards to be removed?

TYIA
Almost every Maxtrax board and every other standard sized board is easy to put in place or remove when the hardtop is in place. The only board that I’ve seen that is a challenge is the Maxtrax extreme as it’sa few inches longer than any other board on the market.

just so I can make sure my product descriptions accurately reflect the capabilities, can I ask what led you to believe that the boards could not be mounted with a hardtop in place?

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost every Maxtrax board and every other standard sized board is easy to put in place or remove when the hardtop is in place. The only board that I’ve seen that is a challenge is the Maxtrax extreme as it’sa few inches longer than any other board on the market.

just so I can make sure my product descriptions accurately reflect the capabilities, can I ask what led you to believe that the boards could not be mounted with a hardtop in place?
Great News!Thanks for developing/building these

This is the line that made me think maxtrax wouldn’t work with the top installed

“That works for ARB boards, but not Maxtrax as they're too long to fit inside the roller bar/brackets.”

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great News!Thanks for developing/building these

This is the line that made me think maxtrax wouldn’t work with the top installed

“That works for ARB boards, but not Maxtrax as they're too long to fit inside the roller bar/brackets.”
Ahh. Thank you. You can mount the boards either on top of the bracket, or on the bottom side of the bracket. That line was referring to the ability to mount on the bottom side of the bracket. Lots of room on top.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading the whole thread it becomes clearer ... the Maxtrax won't load in the "inverted" position, but they are fine loading between the shelf and roof

Ordered!

This is a great solution! I'm trying to avoid an external roof rack as this is my daily driver. I don't want to give up clearance and I live in Colorado where external mounts mean fighting my gear when clearing snow. Hate leaving recovery gear at home as its my experience that we don't get to choose when we get stuck ...

Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered this morning. Will be mounting the Actiontrax boards Ford offers.
Did you ever mount the ActionTrax? These are the ones I want to go with, but I want to make sure they fit properly, and that you can secure them to the mount.

Thanks,
Herb

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maxtrax

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The brackets are now available to ship at www.puravidaoffroad.com. I'm winging it on building the Godaddy website, so hopefully everything works ok. Let me know if there's any issues. I got product shipping quotes from $16-$31 to a variety of US locations, so I set flat rate shipping of $15 to share the cost. ]

I really wanted a better way to store my traction boards that would keep them out of the way when I don't need them. I'm a weekend warrior after all, and I consider my ARB boards as mostly insurance to someday get me out of a bind.

I used the existing nutserts in the rear of the roll bar to mount the brackets. I don't think the very early 4 doors had them, however, mine was built in October of 2021, so there's a few M8x1.25 holes that are perfect.

The mounted boards tuck right up inside the hardtop and you really don't even know they're there. They're tucked high enough that from the drivers seat, they don't obstruct the view at all. I'll have to put the top back on and get some more photos for you guys. They for sure fit the ARB boards (@Ryan at ARB ) and the Maxtrax boards, however, I haven't tested any other boards.

I found a local shop here in Utah to cut and bend the 12 gauge steel and another local shop to powder coat. Made the USA!

Let me know what you guys think. Unfortunately, the 2 door has a different roll bar design and this will not fit a 2 door. Theoretically, this will fit a 4 door soft top, but I highly doubt you can retract the roof back all the way without interference.

Brandon

Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar E306B677-390B-47A4-A759-63B18D6A9630

Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar E306B677-390B-47A4-A759-63B18D6A9630

Here’s some pics with the hard top back on.

Interested for ST!
Sponsored