Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XJ, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, Congratulations on your new Defender! Beautiful vehicle for sure. I am also a proud owner of 3 JLR vehicles. Amazing comfort and style. I wouldn't trade my XJL Portfolio for anything. I expect to drive her for another 5 years. Two pieces of advice:

1. Start a savings account early and make deposits often. My average out of warranty service visit for scheduled maintenance, repairs, brakes + tires etc is around $2K. Not kidding.
2. Get AAA. When these beauties go down, it's usually hard. The app is amazing. The flatbed will on be onsite in < 30 minutes.

Here are a few pictures of my girls. The Discovery is from yesterday.

Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post πŸ™ƒ LR4 tow
Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post πŸ™ƒ Discovery tow
Sponsored

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple of things .... First it's a 4DR deduct pts. Second yes, solid right up until the point where its not! I looked at the Defender as well (really nice) but decided I wanted a fun vehicle that I could hold on to for a long time. An iconic Bronco that the kids will want to keep and drive. And finally, my fun vehicle had to have a top that comes off and has a manual transmission.

Jus to be fair, I used to live in Toronto kids born there. One of our favorite places to live! Add Points!
Ford products aren't exactly known for their quality and reliability either. Confirmation bias at its best.

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should post this on land rover board. But glad you like your vehicle. Loving my FE Bronco and I'm having no issues either and wont have the high maintenance costs or replacement parts costs of a rover.
Just a leaky roof and dependable Ford reliability...and sarcasm. Neither brand is known for their reliability.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP, Congratulations on your new Defender! Beautiful vehicle for sure. I am also a proud owner of 3 JLR vehicles. Amazing comfort and style. I wouldn't trade my XJL Portfolio for anything. I expect to drive her for another 5 years. Two pieces of advice:

1. Start a savings account early and make deposits often. My average out of warranty service visit for scheduled maintenance, repairs, brakes + tires etc is around $2K. Not kidding.
2. Get AAA. When these beauties go down, it's usually hard. The app is amazing. The flatbed will on be onsite in < 30 minutes.

Here are a few pictures of my girls. The Discovery is from yesterday.

Look at the tires on those things!! They aren't in the same league as Broncos or Jeeps.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a leaky roof and dependable Ford reliability...and sarcasm. Neither brand is known for their reliability.
No leaky roof here, and no issues at all. I've never had a major issue with any of my Fords, but I would also say I've been lucky so far. Drive enough vehicle and one of them is going to be problematic. I had a Tacoma that had to be bought back. So it can happen with any manufacturer.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While going on 1 year and 7 months since my Bronco reservation, with no build date in sight, I’ve absolutely loved my Bronco alternative - 2022 Defender 110 with the turbo 4 cylinder.

Price on this rig was just a hair more expensive than my Bronco build. Since I picked up end of October 2021, I’ve put on 11k miles driving up and back to Toronto, New Mexico, and multiple times to Big Bend to hit the more challenging off-road trails. These things feels so solid compared to Jeeps and new full size Broncos I’ve driven. And I haven’t had a single problem or a single light come on. Despite TFL’s problems with a 2020 4 cylinder, mine feels very capable with power and torque and with zero problems (perhaps a reason not to get a first MY).

And no I don’t work for Land Rover, just have been so pleased with this phenomenal rig ☺.
Looks phenomenal. Congrats! The Defender was my second choice. I'm very happy with my Wildtrak, which finally got delivered on 1/20, but I'll be honest -- if I'd been in one of the groups that got delayed from winter to spring/summer, I'd probably have been down at the Land Rover dealership myself.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The world would be a better place if people understood just how correct this post is, other than the fact it's all humanity, not just this group. It's a freaking vehicle. It's like arguing which shade of dark blue is best.
How can you defend such a classless, low brow post that added literally nothing to the thread? If I show up to an Ohio State football game in a Michigan jersey, what do you think will happen? The OP wanted some attention and got it. People here have been having a generally fair discussion. I’m engaged because I cross shopped a Defender early on. I’d actually like to see some pictures from the OP of the interior and some videos of the off roading adventures that have been mentioned. That won’t happen if the thread gets shut down because of nonsense.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it, it's not a real off road truck. Is Defender? Most l have seen have sport car tires.
Is a BMX bike? I mean, those have bicycle tires for g-d's sake! They can tackle terrain no GOAT mode could handle, though, right? No way you're getting a four-door Big Bend soft top on a half pipe.

I would pick the Playskool-designed Defender of the three--Defender, Maverick, and Bronco Sport--if those were my options. I've mulled over getting a Bronco Sport after seeing one in Rapod Red, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. By the post title, I assumed someone was going to advocate for the Bronco Sport as a comparable replacement for a Bronco. It sounds stupid to explain this in detail, because it is.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford products aren't exactly known for their quality and reliability either. Confirmation bias at its best.
I agree they don't have the reputation as Toyota, but my Mazda6 (Ford Fusion) has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned including Toyotas. The Ford hybrid system is considered one of the best, l didn't believe it either until l did some research. That said do l expect Bronco to be perfect, of course not. Removable roof is a compromise but also what makes it so cool. I was sold when l watched a video how you can remove almost everything. I also love the interior hard plastic and all.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like vehicles like ladies... A wide variety of beautiful. This one is too and I'll admit had caught my eye. πŸ˜‰

But open air vehicle it isn't. If I could afford it, I'd have both, a Bronco and Defender. But it wouldn't stop at a threesome.

tenor.gif
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.