Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was enjoying my usual Florida day which consists of a beautiful morning and nasty afternoon. Around 7pm we got some nasty wind and a few seconds later loud banging started. I jumped up and looked outside to see HAIL, in MIAMI?!?!? This hail was coming down pretty good and I was completely un prepared, my bronco, raptor and tremor were all sitting outside and unprotected. After a few minutes of pain and suffering I went to inspect the damages. The raptor (steel body, fiberglass front end) was perfect, the tremor (all aluminum) was under some trees so it survived no problem but the bronco on the other hand got hit the worst. There are around 10 tiny dents all over the hood which freaking stinks. I'm no expert but I don't think these would be repairable, especially paintless since it's aluminum. There is also a dent under the wildtrak graphic. So what would you guys do about this, get a whole new hood or try to have it repaired? I'm a freak about my vehicles and fine details so this is a no win situation. I would greatly appreciate if you guys could provide part numbers for the hood and wildtrak graphics If I do need them. Also if I remember correctly the hood has a vin tag underneath, what would be the deal with that if the hood has to be replaced?
Screenshot_20220403-201744_Photos.jpg
Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
oh man that sucks. I would try the paintless dent repair first. A rock bounced off my hood at 500 miles on the odometer. They were able to work the dent out. I was happy with it, but I may not be as particular as you. Might be worth a shot.

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t that what insurance is for ? Should be under comprehensive. Massive hailstorm went through my area back in 2011. All 5 of my families vehicles were hit. All at different locations around town. Damage varied from $1500/F150 to 22k for a 2009Chrysler town and country van. All covered. Now it literally took 8
Mos for all to be fixed as there were literally twenty thousand vehicles affected through the area

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paint-less dent guy will have you fixed up in no time. Maybe an hour or two.

My guy charges around $50 a dent unless there is something complicating it and then it’s more like $100 per dent.

Either way it’s better than a new hood plus getting paint to match and not having a vin sticker where it should be when the time to sell comes.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Up here at least insurance will want to try paintless dent first. There are some amazing techs that do paintless dent work. There are also some not that great. Go thru the hoops if it’s not to your satisfaction then hood replacement.

Sponsored

DeBo

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door. Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That sucks but hail damage is better than some douche keying it. Gives your Bronco some character! If you can fix then great but I would sleep ok with a few nature provided dents.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hail damage is a cake walk for a Pointless Dent Repair tech. They deal with that all the time. It’s probably their bread and butter during the winter months.

Sponsored

Last edited: