Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am really liking the BF KO2 on my first edition sasquatch. Very smooth and comfortable. Amazing in heavy rain without hydroplaning or skidding. They are much better than the Goodyear territory tires that came with the Bronco. The noise is less over the Goodyears and much more composed. The tires balanced so well without much balancing weights and they all had extremely low road force numbers. I highly recommend them.
What load rating did you get?
Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly no tire is going to give you real issues, get what you want if it's cheaper. You aren't off-roading so tires don't matter that much.

Just don't get the stone throwing Goodyear's unless you get mud flaps.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have been happy with k02 on my F150. Never a problem in rain or snow. Don't have my Bronco yet but when it gets here, there's a set of 37 12.5 17" Micky Thompson Baja Boss AT's ready to go. Decided to give them a try.
I know two people who are running them. One on a jeep and the other an F150. Both say they like them and will buy again. Excellent in snow and rain. Decent in mud although both said they didn't try them in deep mud. They have quite a bit of sipping. Hopefully some day soon I'll be able to give a report on how they perform on a Bronco.

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have run most brands of all-terrainā€˜s and mud tires between my jeeps and my trucks over the years. The best wet/snow traction tire I have had on any of them was the Falken wild peak AT3W, which is 3 peak Mountain rated and awesome in the snow. That is what I will be replacing the bronco stockers with when mine comes in. My second choice would be the Toyo open country AT3, I had them on one of my superdutys and that was a close second to the wild peaks. I am in North Jersey so we see all the elements of all four seasonsā€¦.
Iā€™d second the falkens as I sell tires and personally have 4 sets for various vehicles and thatā€™s what I put on my bronco for the winter season. And will replace the Goodyears once they are used up on the factory wheels. Great tread wear and mileage and handle everything with no noise.

Sponsored

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am loving my Bridgstone Dueler A/T's Super quiet and drive/handle great. Not the most aggressive tread but will far more so then say stock Big Bend A/T's

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™d second the falkens as I sell tires and personally have 4 sets for various vehicles and thatā€™s what I put on my bronco for the winter season. And will replace the Goodyears once they are used up on the factory wheels. Great tread wear and mileage and handle everything with no noise.
Since you're in the business... After more research tonight I'm leaning Wildpeak or Open Country. The Falkens will run me about $150 more for a set of 5 installed. Is that worth it? Do you have any insight on which is best on road noise?

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since you're in the business... After more research tonight I'm leaning Wildpeak or Open Country. The Falkens will run me about $150 more for a set of 5 installed. Is that worth it? Do you have any insight on which is best on road noise?
Well like I mentioned Iā€™ve got four sets on my current vehicles and over the years in my mind theyā€™ve been the best Iā€™ve used. They arenā€™t noisy and perform excellent in all types of weather and driving. We get true 4 season weather and as soon as these crappy ones that came on the bronco are 50 percent off they will come. Toyoā€™s Iā€™ve sold in past donā€™t last as long but donā€™t think they are overly noisy. I donā€™t have anything to gain by recommending the falken as Iā€™m a small shop and donā€™t get any kind of incentives from any tire companies. Prices have gone up a fair bit over past couple years I know but Iā€™m still going to stick with the AT3ā€™s.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well like I mentioned Iā€™ve got four sets on my current vehicles and over the years in my mind theyā€™ve been the best Iā€™ve used. They arenā€™t noisy and perform excellent in all types of weather and driving. We get true 4 season weather and as soon as these crappy ones that came on the bronco are 50 percent off they will come. Toyoā€™s Iā€™ve sold in past donā€™t last as long but donā€™t think they are overly noisy. I donā€™t have anything to gain by recommending the falken as Iā€™m a small shop and donā€™t get any kind of incentives from any tire companies. Prices have gone up a fair bit over past couple years I know but Iā€™m still going to stick with the AT3ā€™s.
Copy that. Thanks for your feedback. I think one thing I'm going to have to wrap my mind around is life of the tire. I'm used to buying a set of ZR rated tires for $1200 installed, but you're generally talking 20k miles on a set. I guess I'm going to have to start rationalizing that, yes, these tires are $2k a set, but I'm potential getting 40-50k miles on them (theoretically).

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Friends - I've got some wheels on the way and called up 4WP today to get a quote on some BFG K02's. Their tire guy shared with me that he had been getting some feedback on recent K02 installs they have done that the tires are not maintaining traction in wet conditions, with specific feedback that the tires were getting squirrely transitioning on/off interstate ramps. He recommended Mickey Thompsons (obvious upsell, but I'm listening), Yokos, or Ridge Grapplers. I'm at a little bit of a loss on how to proceed.

I will need 35/12.5/17's. Primarily my Bronco will carry me to and from work in city conditions that do naturally get slippery in rain. We generally get 1-2 snows a year around 1-2ft of snow. Outside of daily use, I will go overlanding (nothing extreme) 1-2 times a year, and do some light to moderate offroad trails in our national park on free weekends. I will also have a 10hr drive a few times a year to see my folks, so I'm trying to avoid an overly loud highway experience if possible.

First off, what do y'all think of the feedback I got on the K02's, and secondly, based on my use case, could I please get some recommendations. Thank you!
I previously had BFG KO2's on my 4runner and they were AWFUL in wet conditions. I never felt as if I had traction when I'd hit a puddle. I am going with Toyo AT3's 35 12.50 17. They're what my tire guy recommends and they have great reviews concerning traction and weight.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Roofus Good luck, tire choice is about as hard as color choice for me back when I was building and reserving/then ordering my Bronc.

Tried and true Wildpeaks for me for an A/T tire. I've tried the GY kevlar ones, Regular GY, BFG A/T and M/T.

GY's sucked. Didn't last. Cupped really badly, even with 5K mile rotations. I missed one and did it at about 8K ONCE, and it killed them on cupping and road noise from then on out, so partially my fault?

Falken WP were awesome tires on my Expy. I ended up going back to them and sticking with them on it until I sold it. Always got @50K miles on a set, they rode well, wore well, traction was there when needed.

We have a set of 33" K02's on my wife's 2019 Z71. They have an aggressive looking tread pattern for an A/T, good side lug look, and have done overall pretty well on it.
As @Silver-Bolt mentioned, I did notice that on a wet on-ramp if I gave it a bit too much aggressive pedal, they would break loose. But everyday driving in water/puddles on the road, they have handled well. I don't regret them at all, but keep the PSI between 32-35 or they do ride a bit odd.
When I do upsize her tires (put a 4" lift on it recently but am NOT about to go $1600 in the hole to replace perfectly good tires just to fill up the wheel wells more right now) I am seriously considering another set of those, or perhaps trying Terra Grapplers or Geolanders.

For the price I do not think you will regret sticking with the K02's. They are a tried-and-true good tire with enough aggressive look, enough traction on reasonable terrain, wear well.

Off-topic a bit, but if you ever do decide to go with a M/T tire, prepare yourself for even MORE choices and decisions.
When I replace the stock squatch GY on mine, I am torn between several. Really liking the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. However, Cooper SST Pro's have proven themselves to me in the past with great looks, great traction, and wear better than most M/T tires.

Synopsis:

Like anything else, everyone has their own opinions, research, and experience.
Personally, if the cost is not a huge factor, go with the WildPeaks.
If that cost difference matters (and it absolutely has for me many times in the past, so no shame there), you can't go wrong saving some $ with the K02.

Hopefully I haven't muddied up the waters any here, just figured I'd weigh in.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Copy that. Thanks for your feedback. I think one thing I'm going to have to wrap my mind around is life of the tire. I'm used to buying a set of ZR rated tires for $1200 installed, but you're generally talking 20k miles on a set. I guess I'm going to have to start rationalizing that, yes, these tires are $2k a set, but I'm potential getting 40-50k miles on them (theoretically).
Yes, I burned through a set of summer tires on my Model S in 14k miles. My Wildpeaks should go at least 40,000 before needing replacing.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Roofus Good luck, tire choice is about as hard as color choice for me back when I was building and reserving/then ordering my Bronc.

Tried and true Wildpeaks for me for an A/T tire. I've tried the GY kevlar ones, Regular GY, BFG A/T and M/T.

GY's sucked. Didn't last. Cupped really badly, even with 5K mile rotations. I missed one and did it at about 8K ONCE, and it killed them on cupping and road noise from then on out, so partially my fault?

Falken WP were awesome tires on my Expy. I ended up going back to them and sticking with them on it until I sold it. Always got @50K miles on a set, they rode well, wore well, traction was there when needed.

We have a set of 33" K02's on my wife's 2019 Z71. They have an aggressive looking tread pattern for an A/T, good side lug look, and have done overall pretty well on it.
As @Silver-Bolt mentioned, I did notice that on a wet on-ramp if I gave it a bit too much aggressive pedal, they would break loose. But everyday driving in water/puddles on the road, they have handled well. I don't regret them at all, but keep the PSI between 32-35 or they do ride a bit odd.
When I do upsize her tires (put a 4" lift on it recently but am NOT about to go $1600 in the hole to replace perfectly good tires just to fill up the wheel wells more right now) I am seriously considering another set of those, or perhaps trying Terra Grapplers or Geolanders.

For the price I do not think you will regret sticking with the K02's. They are a tried-and-true good tire with enough aggressive look, enough traction on reasonable terrain, wear well.

Off-topic a bit, but if you ever do decide to go with a M/T tire, prepare yourself for even MORE choices and decisions.
When I replace the stock squatch GY on mine, I am torn between several. Really liking the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. However, Cooper SST Pro's have proven themselves to me in the past with great looks, great traction, and wear better than most M/T tires.

Synopsis:

Like anything else, everyone has their own opinions, research, and experience.
Personally, if the cost is not a huge factor, go with the WildPeaks.
If that cost difference matters (and it absolutely has for me many times in the past, so no shame there), you can't go wrong saving some $ with the K02.

Hopefully I haven't muddied up the waters any here, just figured I'd weigh in.
Thanks! Great feedback!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you checked to see what you can actually get? I was going to go with 315/70r17 Toyo Open Country ATā€™s on mine but they were out of stock and back ordered with no ETA. BFG was my third choice behind the TOYOā€™s and some Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATā€™s which were also on back order with no ETA. I considered the Falkens but they are a fairly heavy tire. Not sure how they compare to the BFGā€™s weight wise.
Sponsored