Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was about traction and tire size, real world drivetrain upgrades, pulling the top off for the nice weather, simple necessities and knowing you have a unique vehicle.

I can't remember a time when someone got out of the cab on a trail and said "Man, I would be so much better if I had more GOAT modes" or "Life would be so much better if the seat stitching wasn't orange". A time when the only options you cared about was power windows, cruise and transmission choices. (Don't worry I'm not even 40 so don't think I am talking about the 60's) People were happy to own their TRUCK, understanding it's not a direct replacement for an SUV, Wagon, Subaru, or any other unibody you're getting out of. MPG wasn't important enough to compare to a completely different style vehicle. Calling it a car would turn heads. Tire noise? Who cares? Upgrades and maintenance were done by yourself. If they didn't offer it from the factory it didn't matter because you would change it anyways. Worrying about the GVWR of the truck if you loaded it for a weekend at the beach?! Let's face it, 50% or more of these trucks will not drive on an unpaved road.

Remember when the Bronco community would get excited when news surfaced of a possible return ? Was your first thought "It better have enough rear cup holders!"

Has Ford failed this release ? I believe somewhat, but I don't think they thought there would be this much interest behind it, supplier shortage, and the economy. I think there should be more transparency to the buyer, but I feel they are doing their best. I for one enjoy seeing new photos, colors, options, videos, features, etc. But I will be honest in saying I'm sick of the revolving discussions about things out of our control or sh*t that shouldn't matter, and if it does - maybe this vehicle isn't for you? Maybe a BMW?

That being said, I have on order a 2 Door BL Sasquatch, VB, high package, 2.7 (4 Doors are soccer mom edition of the Bronco, sorry! :LOL: ) I enjoy the amenities, but if all Ford offered was a base - I would buy that too.

My rant is over, carry on!
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Born in the 80’s, can’t be a boomer lol
Yeah, I know. I was just pulling your leg. You're probably two decades younger than me, but I recognize a classic boomer rant when I see one. 😄

OP
OP
Haustkraft

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I know. I was just pulling your leg. You're probably two decades younger than me, but I recognize a classic boomer rant when I see one. 😄
It’s all good!

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was about traction and tire size, real world drivetrain upgrades, pulling the top off for the nice weather, simple necessities and knowing you have a unique vehicle.

I can't remember a time when someone got out of the cab on a trail and said "Man, I would be so much better if I had more GOAT modes" or "Life would be so much better if the seat stitching wasn't orange". A time when the only options you cared about was power windows, cruise and transmission choices. (Don't worry I'm not even 40 so don't think I am talking about the 60's) People were happy to own their TRUCK, understanding it's not a direct replacement for an SUV, Wagon, Subaru, or any other unibody you're getting out of. MPG wasn't important enough to compare to a completely different style vehicle. Calling it a car would turn heads. Tire noise? Who cares? Upgrades and maintenance were done by yourself. If they didn't offer it from the factory it didn't matter because you would change it anyways. Worrying about the GVWR of the truck if you loaded it for a weekend at the beach?! Let's face it, 50% or more of these trucks will not drive on an unpaved road.

Remember when the Bronco community would get excited when news surfaced of a possible return ? Was your first thought "It better have enough rear cup holders!"

Has Ford failed this release ? I believe somewhat, but I don't think they thought there would be this much interest behind it, supplier shortage, and the economy. I think there should be more transparency to the buyer, but I feel they are doing their best. I for one enjoy seeing new photos, colors, options, videos, features, etc. But I will be honest in saying I'm sick of the revolving discussions about things out of our control or sh*t that shouldn't matter, and if it does - maybe this vehicle isn't for you? Maybe a BMW?

That being said, I have on order a 2 Door BL Sasquatch, VB, high package, 2.7 (4 Doors are soccer mom edition of the Bronco, sorry! :LOL: ) I enjoy the amenities, but if all Ford offered was a base - I would buy that too.

I agree with you that if the base was the only choice, I would buy it.

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too many people have to much time sitting in front of the computer. Hate to think when their Bronco comes in that it will take away from valuable computer time.
But then I wonder how many of the most smug know it all Bronco people out here are living in their mom's basement and will never own one - BUT they will know more in theory than real owners.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So lets get this straight, you reminisce about the good ol bare bone days of gas chugging underpowered off road rigs and how nit picky people are for a 2021 model, BUT, you also ordered one of the higher trims available with the HIGH package no less....

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nailed it!
Sponsored