Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TLDR...

Sweet Baby Jesus, who gives a rats behind? LMFAO. Enjoy what you order, end of story.

Ford Bronco I Remember When ... giphy

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t wait to get my bronco. I’m gonna have the newest car in the neighborhood!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was about traction and tire size, real world drivetrain upgrades, pulling the top off for the nice weather, simple necessities and knowing you have a unique vehicle.
Don't worry I'm not even 40 so don't think I am talking about the 60's)
So you don’t remember a time is what you’re really saying...

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that like the people at work replying all to an email telling everyone else not to reply all?

Can you remove me from this thread?!?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anti-Dave Ramsey advice:
#401k loan. Pay yourself back 4.5% over 4-5 years vs. a bank.
In no way do I advocate it or advise it.
your 4.5% interest to yourself statistically would be less than the gains if you left it.
But it worked for me positively once. Very much.
Just gotta pay attention and do it at the right time.
Maybe someone could loan me out of their 401k cause I sure dont have one haha. My only real retirement plan is $1500(stimulus) worth of Ford stock and planting bananas, coconut trees, and pineapple. Nuts I can sell for $3 a nut, bananas 25 cents a lb, and get about $2 or $3 out of a pineapple. Nuts are the biggest payoff though. One tree will give 100 or more nuts a year. Thats enough to scrape by on when I'm old.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone could loan me out of their 401k cause I sure dont have one haha. My only real retirement plan is $1500(stimulus) worth of Ford stock and planting bananas, coconut trees, and pineapple. Nuts I can sell for $3 a nut, bananas 25 cents a lb, and get about $2 or $3 out of a pineapple. Nuts are the biggest payoff though. One tree will give 100 or more nuts a year. Thats enough to scrape by on when I'm old.
Some will say that isn't a good, comfortable life.
I would promptly smirk and walk, knowing full well it's a far better life than most of us are living.
You do you, man. I envy that situation.
At time passes I want less fast paced shiny stuff (other than a few choice muscle cars and a 6G BL) and more breezes and birds chirping. Give me a good sea breeze and waves crashing and my soul gains super-Mario mushroom boost-level calmness.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
your young. I listened to the radio when I was a child. Are first TV was a big deal and we had 3 chanels. Now that’s old. lol😳
Was one of them chanel No 5? :)

FWIW in a previous life when we were in Bermuda . . . there were 2 channels: BBC 1 and BBC 2. Later they added BBC 3, which was just BBC 1 but in color - or to be locally appropriate, colour.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Truck = cargo area outside of the cab.
Car = people mover with a lower roofline and ride height.
SUV = Body on frame, off-road capable, cargo carried in the cab.
Cross-Over = tall car.
Got it, so this isn't a truck but an SUV, right?
Ford Bronco I Remember When ... hmmwv-humvee-03

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some will say that isn't a good, comfortable life.
I would promptly smirk and walk, knowing full well it's a far better life than most of us are living.
You do you, man. I envy that situation.
At time passes I want less fast paced shiny stuff (other than a few choice muscle cars and a 6G BL) and more breezes and birds chirping. Give me a good sea breeze and waves crashing and my soul gains super-Mario mushroom boost-level calmness.
Yeah most think Im nuts or made bad choices or should change my direction(im only 36ish). But honestly I never really thought about my life as a series of options. I just have always taken the path that made the most sense to me and my ideals. I came out of lower middle class and fell right into working mans lower class. Lived a little, then chilled out and crawled my way up to what was lower middle class when I was a child but isnt exactly anymore. At times I have had really cool cars and always have alot of car projects to eventually be really cool. But the fact that I have enough food in the fridge that I have to diet a lil and that I live on private property and pay land payments instead of rent in Hawaii
gives me an extra measure of success. I stay pretty happy and always a lil broke. But as long as you have enough going that you can have plans. You are doing alright.

By the way I can currently hear birds chirping, windchime(that my wife bought in Moab) chiming, wind moving over the ridge, and waves crashing on the rocks. Now I just gotta get the mottivation to get off the computer and go drain the ATF(ugh) out of my comanche work truck to see if the AW4(ugh) is shot and how long I have left before I have to look in the junkyard for a "new" one. Beautiful rough life. 🤙

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember a time when Bronco/Blazer/Wrangler enthusiasts' most important concern was about traction and tire size, real world drivetrain upgrades, pulling the top off for the nice weather, simple necessities and knowing you have a unique vehicle.

I can't remember a time when someone got out of the cab on a trail and said "Man, I would be so much better if I had more GOAT modes" or "Life would be so much better if the seat stitching wasn't orange". A time when the only options you cared about was power windows, cruise and transmission choices. (Don't worry I'm not even 40 so don't think I am talking about the 60's) People were happy to own their TRUCK, understanding it's not a direct replacement for an SUV, Wagon, Subaru, or any other unibody you're getting out of. MPG wasn't important enough to compare to a completely different style vehicle. Calling it a car would turn heads. Tire noise? Who cares? Upgrades and maintenance were done by yourself. If they didn't offer it from the factory it didn't matter because you would change it anyways. Worrying about the GVWR of the truck if you loaded it for a weekend at the beach?! Let's face it, 50% or more of these trucks will not drive on an unpaved road.

Remember when the Bronco community would get excited when news surfaced of a possible return ? Was your first thought "It better have enough rear cup holders!"

Has Ford failed this release ? I believe somewhat, but I don't think they thought there would be this much interest behind it, supplier shortage, and the economy. I think there should be more transparency to the buyer, but I feel they are doing their best. I for one enjoy seeing new photos, colors, options, videos, features, etc. But I will be honest in saying I'm sick of the revolving discussions about things out of our control or sh*t that shouldn't matter, and if it does - maybe this vehicle isn't for you? Maybe a BMW?

That being said, I have on order a 2 Door BL Sasquatch, VB, high package, 2.7 (4 Doors are soccer mom edition of the Bronco, sorry! :LOL: ) I enjoy the amenities, but if all Ford offered was a base - I would buy that too.

My rant is over, carry on!
Sponsored