Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s the point of this thread? Just to complain because a feature of your vehicle works exactly as intended, but you don’t like the feature and therefore will not be using it?
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was a nice day out and I've owned my Bronco for almost two months now, so I decided to try removing the roof panels for the three mile drive back home from the grocery store. I didn't have the special storage bag with me, but I have a bunch of towels in the back, so they were still protected. It was easy enough to get them off, since I don't currently have the roof rack installed. For some reason I was surprised that they pretty much block the view out the back.

My opinion of the experience is that it's slightly better than a sun roof, but not nearly as good as a real convertible. The wind buffeting was extreme even at 40 mph. And it wasn't clear to me if it was better with the windows up or down. Once I got home, it was easy enough to re-install them. Just gotta remember driver-side comes off first and goes on last.

I'll be sticking to my Mustang from here on for open air driving. Those roof panels will be saying on the Bronco.

NWrxLZf.jpg
Would a mesh top help the noise decibels?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After living with a wavy back window on my first convertible, I would do just about anything to avoid repeating that experience.

About half of the people here seem to think I'll reconsider taking the whole top off or something. I have a nice convertible and when there is an unexpected rain, or some other reason I need the top up, it takes about 15 seconds to put the top back up. All of you are failing at convincing me to reconsider. ;)
I’ve owned many convertibles. Both with glass back windows and plastic. And hard top Jeeps. I will never make the mistake of owning a hard top removable top again.

I don’t care what you own, only what I have and the mistakes I will not repeat.

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It sounds you like you need a Bestop Sunrider for your front two panels. I've got one on my Bronco and one on my wife's Gladiator and it's a great product.
How was it to install, if I may ask, or did you have it done? Thanks!

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I too was shocked by how bad the wind buffeting is with the two front panels removed.

Taking the mid section off gets rid of the buffeting but isn't practical when already out and about.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention it. We need some sort of easy attach wind deflector.

GDTRFB

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also found it easy to remove the front panels, if you lay them horizontal they dont block rear window. Also it does have a very open feeling. Just my opinion. I turned up the heat because it was a high 40 degrees and was comfortable. I absolutely love this 2 door BD.
I want picks

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a nice day out and I've owned my Bronco for almost two months now, so I decided to try removing the roof panels for the three mile drive back home from the grocery store. I didn't have the special storage bag with me, but I have a bunch of towels in the back, so they were still protected. It was easy enough to get them off, since I don't currently have the roof rack installed. For some reason I was surprised that they pretty much block the view out the back.

My opinion of the experience is that it's slightly better than a sun roof, but not nearly as good as a real convertible. The wind buffeting was extreme even at 40 mph. And it wasn't clear to me if it was better with the windows up or down. Once I got home, it was easy enough to re-install them. Just gotta remember driver-side comes off first and goes on last.

I'll be sticking to my Mustang from here on for open air driving. Those roof panels will be saying on the Bronco.

NWrxLZf.jpg
Get the bestop sunrider! Good alternative 😄

79CCC7F9-9F3D-4405-BE58-C3712E890441.jpeg

BroncoDr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was pleasantly surprised how much less wind noise there is with the soft top all the way back vs just the front portion back. I regularly get up to 80 on the highway with the top all the way back and it’s not bad at all.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my front panels off twice now including the drive home from work today and haven't noticed any buffeting, but I also haven't gone over 40mph that way either. Now I want to see how it is at 60.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How was it to install, if I may ask, or did you have it done? Thanks!
It was very easy. I want to say it took less than a half hour, certainly no longer than 45 minutes. It was the first "mod" I added to the Bronco and definitely my favorite.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco I removed my roof panels - once is enough 79CCC7F9-9F3D-4405-BE58-C3712E890441
I would be open to trading you my soft top. Much easier to get up and down. Just saying …

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford Bronco I removed my roof panels - once is enough trim.6A7B9E12-1864-40A2-846A-56CC42DE2ACB.MOV
Aww h#/ NO, the top will be off all summer on mine. Went to FL to get some experience, it was a ball! wife even loved it.
Ford Bronco I removed my roof panels - once is enough B088F993-13E6-4BFE-8530-76C4313B2361
Sponsored