Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was very late Monday when i picked up my bronco. The finance guy came in and didn't really show me the options, basically just said lets cut to the chase.. this one is the best one and i need it, etc...I felt very pressured, but also know it's a good idea to get the extended warranty. However, after reading through here I am feeling like I got screwed over. $3900 for the premium care. I haven't bought a new car in many years (i have always leased) so i forgot that they would come at me with this. Is this way too much?
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It was very late Monday when i picked up my bronco. The finance guy came in and didn't really show me the options, basically just said lets cut to the chase.. this one is the best one and i need it, etc...I felt very pressured, but also know it's a good idea to get the extended warranty. However, after reading through here I am feeling like I got screwed over. $3900 for the premium care. I haven't bought a new car in many years (i have always leased) so i forgot that they would come at me with this. Is this way too much?
Yes, cancel it

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that’s way too much! What is the coverage? How many years/miles and how much is the deductible?

I believe you can probably still cancel that coverage. I got my ESP from Granger and it seems to be the best deal going. They have a thread on here about it. Mine is the 6yr/100k with $200 deductible and it was less than a third of what you paid.

Edit: Here is the Granger thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-extended-service-plan-50-over-cost.37719/

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Compare the price you received to the prices on this page --> https://www.floodfordesp.com

Also, Granger is offering deals for Bronco owners as well.

Checking the Flood Ford page will show you how much you got hosed.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel. Extended warranties are for dealers not owners...

OP
OP

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, that’s way too much! What is the coverage? How many years/miles and how much is the deductible?

I believe you can probably still cancel that coverage. I got my ESP from Granger and it seems to be the best deal going. They have a thread on here about it. Mine is the 6yr/100k with $200 deductible and it was less than a third of what you paid.
8 years/125k miles - not sure about deductible. man i feel like an idiot. I can just call and cancel? I wonder how would that work since they put it into my loan. I'll have to ask.

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it a Ford plan? If so, the instructions for cancelling it are on the ESP website. If it was financed, the credit goes back to your lender as a reduction in principal. Otherwise, Ford will cut you a check for it... think it took 60 days.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel it. Zack and his team are offering 50$ over cost for members of this forum. 1700 for 8yr 100 k premium 50 deductible.

Sponsored

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cancel it, and for fun call the guys manager and let him know the price better price quote you got it and the feeling you had over it. Also make them aware this will effect the review you give when you get your manufactures survey (they might price match on the spot as surveys kill them if their negative)

Then if you do buy a warranty, be sure to do over state lines, so they don't charge taxes. I usually call the Phoenix market and get a rock bottom price and they mail the paperwork.

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
8 years/125k miles - not sure about deductible. man i feel like an idiot. I can just call and cancel? I wonder how would that work since they put it into my loan. I'll have to ask.
You can cancel it and it will be credited towards your balance owed if you financed it.

Just go online to Flood Ford if you want the extended warranty.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel it. Zack and his team are offering 50$ over cost for members of this forum. 1700 for 8yr 100 k premium 50 deductible.
Yeah.. I’m actually hesitant to buy one cause I won’t keep this outside warranty and it already has a 5 yr. power train warranty so I may not get one.
Sponsored