Sponsored

New Bronco Owners: Purchase the Extended Warranty?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everyone, didn't see a thread on this yet. I'd like to ask if anyone who took delivery also purchased the extended warranty, and how it went, what did it cost?
Sponsored

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think I am going to buy this as well. Just worried being a 1st model year and all the issues. I have not contacted my dealer yet but Flood Ford sells these online and the best prices I've seen.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I definitely got the extended warranty. With the all the electronics on this Bronco, plus being the first model year.....I would certainly recommend it. I was hoping, since I paid the MSRP, that the dealer might "throw it in" for free.......yeah, no. So I got the Ford PremiumCare, which is bumper to bumper, for 7 years/100,000 miles. It cost me $3500. The finance guy said that was "dealer cost".....I doubt that is true, but who knows? They did give me the Ford Surface Care for free.....which is basically some sort of paint treatment, an interior treatment, and supposed lifetime warranty against stains in interior.....idk. I did also get two years of service........oh.....and a Bronco duffel bag and ball cap! :ROFLMAO:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone, didn't see a thread on this yet. I'd like to ask if anyone who took delivery also purchased the extended warranty, and how it went, what did it cost?
I'm definitely getting it.

I'm getting it for length of the loan.

It's really just worth it for peace of mind. You're talking $20 to $30 a month. If nothing goes wrong... cool. I waste more than that on dumb shit weekly.

I'd only get it from Ford though.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I definitely got the extended warranty. With the all the electronics on this Bronco, plus being the first model year.....I would certainly recommend it. I was hoping, since I paid the MSRP, that the dealer might "throw it in" for free.......yeah, no. So I got the Ford PremiumCare, which is bumper to bumper, for 7 years/100,000 miles. It cost me $3500. The finance guy said that was "dealer cost".....I doubt that is true, but who knows? They did give me the Ford Surface Care for free.....which is basically some sort of paint treatment, an interior treatment, and supposed lifetime warranty against stains in interior.....idk. I did also get two years of service........oh.....and a Bronco duffel bag and ball cap! :ROFLMAO:
Great info, thanks for sharing. I’m on the fence with this, $3,500 seems steep for that? But throw in the bag and cap 🤷‍♂️🤣.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm definitely getting it.

I'm getting it for length of the loan.

It's really just worth it for peace of mind. You're talking $20 to $30 a month. If nothing goes wrong... cool. I waste more than that on dumb shit weekly.

I'd only get it from Ford though.
I think you only get 4 more years for 3500.00... it starts after the first 3 years...

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Hello, We've been trying to reach you about your car's warranty...."

I've been wondering about this too. This is my first Ford, so I'm not sure what is an average cost for an extended warranty from Ford, and how good it is. 🤷‍♂️

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now you guys are making me think, and I don't like to think. There was talk about this over a year ago with people talking about Ford Protect (and getting it from that web site for much cheaper). I'm just not seeing pricing on it.

Though I did find another site, without clicking too much, and it looks like you can get Premium Care 7 yr. /100k miles for about $1,430 w/ $200 deductible. It might be worth searching the forum for that really old discussion.

But here's a link to the first site I did that gave quotes. Maybe it'll help.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/plans.aspx?type=primary

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you only get 4 more years for 3500.00... it starts after the first 3 years...
You are correct......it adds 4 years and 64k miles to included warranty. Is $3500 steep? I guess if you don't have to ever use it....then yes, a waste of money. However......$3500 may be a drop a in bucket compared to cost of repairs on electronic crap outside of warranty.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now you guys are making me think, and I don't like to think. There was talk about this over a year ago with people talking about Ford Protect (and getting it from that web site for much cheaper). I'm just not seeing pricing on it.

Though I did find another site, without clicking too much, and it looks like you can get Premium Care 7 yr. /100k miles for about $1,430 w/ $200 deductible. It might be worth searching the forum for that really old discussion.

But here's a link to the first site I did that gave quotes. Maybe it'll help.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/plans.aspx?type=primary
Maybe I'm not too lazy.. this may have been the thread it started in... though I thought it was before that as well.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-extended-warranty-price.3916/