Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a good deal. Now Granger charges $1,725 for 100k miles, w/o an add on.
1692398978433.png

I only saved because of this forum. I learned about Granger here , checked it out, asked my dealership and bought from Granger. You’ll make it up with fun driving the Bronco.
I did the $100 deductible and I have the first day rental, which priced out now goes for $1470, exactly what I paid for it.
Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please elaborate on what you mean by saying "You can still switch".

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Generally an extended warranty can be cancelled for a pro rated refund, and a new extended warranty purchased. I’m considering cancelling my 8 year 100K extended warranty to rebuy the now available 10 year from Ford. The price difference is about $500, assuming I keep the truck to 10 years it makes sense to extend. Mileage wise I’m averaging 3K per year now, so I could probably cut the mileage down to 60K or 75K rather than 100K.

Last edited:

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Ford Protect Plan and wasn’t swindled by the dealer. I am in California and couldn’t get granger unfortunately.
Can you share the dealer so I can try and reach out?

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Ford Protect Plan and wasn’t swindled by the dealer. I am in California and couldn’t get granger unfortunately.
Depending on when you bought it, it still might be worth trying granger or flood. Being in Cali I would use a buddy/family living outside that state as “home” for purposes of purchase ( I understand cali limits who/where you can buy a warranty)

I would see about purchase from granger/flood first then cancel other if they will let you do it. Your refund is generally tied up for 4-8 weeks anyway in my experience ( getting refund on unused portion of warranty after trade in )

Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Generally an extended warranty can be cancelled for a pro rated refund, and a new extended warranty purchased. I’m considering cancelling my 8 year 100K extended warranty to rebuy the now available 10 year from Ford. The price difference is about $500, assuming I keep the truck to 10 years it makes sense to extend. Mileage wise I’m averaging 3K per year now, so I could probably cut the mileage down to 60K or 75K rather than 100K.
Cut it. New improved trucks coming out all the time. Saving money for a better deal. Win win.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Unfortunately, California prevents you from getting a good deal from Granger. You need to find a second home to reference your purchase but you can cancel your first one (prorated of course) and purchase a new extended warranty.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cut it. New improved trucks coming out all the time. Saving money for a better deal. Win win.
The cost of my equivalent Bronco is up $9K (20%) since I purchased in November 2021. What is an equivalent Bronco going to cost in 5-7 more years? If I’m only using it as a fun car I may keep it 10+ years. I currently have an employer provided work truck I drive daily.

My wife’s lease is up next spring, if we don’t get her something else then she’ll be daily driving the Bronco. We took on a significant mortgage with our new home purchase in May 2023, so dropping a payment isn’t a bad thing. She only drives 8K per year.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an FYI for those in CA who don't have the Granger option and already use Geico for insurance - Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance gets good reviews and was only ~$6/month when I priced it out. I'm planning to add to my policy in month 15 of ownership (the last month you can add MBI to your policy; there's no reason to pay before you have to as manufacturer's warranty will be in effect).

You have to stay with Geico to keep the MBI active but every time I price out insurance providers, Geico comes in cheapest for me. It should work out to ~$400 for the equivalent of a 7 yr/100k extended warranty with $250 deductible.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saving an extra grand would be nice, but I'm not about to come up with an out-of-state address to get an extended warranty. If I had an accident they'd probably question my California license along with an out-of-state address. Sounds like a fight I don't need.

Bronco is paid off, extended warranty is paid off... I'm happy with the assurance (what ever that may be) of just staying with what I got.

I figure I paid roughly $36500 for my Base with V6, auto, aux switches, floor mats, and OBX tires off CL. Good enough!

Sponsored

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just want to be sure, The Granger ESP Warrantee is the same as the warrantee from ford protect?
Called my dealer and he quoted my twice the granger price.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just want to be sure, The Granger ESP Warrantee is the same as the warrantee from ford protect?
Called my dealer and he quoted my twice the granger price.
Yes the warranty from Granger is Ford.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer matched the granger 10 yr 100,000 mile warrantee. Yes for premium care, with all the extras. The finance rep was aware of granger price. They want the warrantee “count” more than the premium dollars they collect, so I was told anyway. Plus I’ve been buying my fords there for 35 years…9 cars.
Sponsored

Last edited: