Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Be careful with this, a lot of the "warranties" dealerships are trying to sell aren't actually the Ford Protect warranty, but some third party.
Pretty sure this happened to me, now that I am thinking about it. Platinum care hasn't shown up on my Ford account yet, so I wouldn't put it past my dealership based on all the other games I have delt with since April.

Anyone have a step by step solution to cancel one through the dealer, and get it from Grainger?
Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer Matched the granger 10 yr 100,000 mile warrantee. Yes for premium care, with all the extras. The finance rep was aware of granger price. They want the warrantee “count” more thats the premium dollars they collect, so I was told anyway. Plus I’ve been buying my fords there for 35 years…9 cars.
Good. You should get it from your dealer based upon your long history with them.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty sure this happened to me, now that I am thinking about it. Platinum care hasn't shown up on my Ford account yet, so I wouldn't put it past my dealership based on all the other games I have delt with since April.

Anyone have a step by step solution to cancel one through the dealer, and get it from Grainger?
Did you purchase platinum care or premium care? Because the ford ESP is premium care.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you purchase platinum care or premium care? Because the ford ESP is premium care.
Thats a great question. I was under the impression it was Ford ESP but I’m very skeptical it was.

I’ll check my paperwork.

Back to it, how would I cancel one way or the other?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That I’m not sure about. I would think contacting your dealership about canceling would be your best option.

Sponsored

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer matched the granger 10 yr 100,000 mile warrantee. Yes for premium care, with all the extras. The finance rep was aware of granger price. They want the warrantee “count” more than the premium dollars they collect, so I was told anyway. Plus I’ve been buying my fords there for 35 years…9 cars.
Can you share which dealer you used? Were they based in California?

Racecoach

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-159
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just called ford protect and got a quote for my 2021 badlands for premium care $100 deductible 100k miles and the price was over $3000. I went to the floodfordesp.com and the quote was half the price. I see many of you are recommending Flood or Granger. My biggest fear is that the price is too good to be true. Is Flood a legit place to buy the extended warranty from?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just called ford protect and got a quote for my 2021 badlands for premium care $100 deductible 100k miles and the price was over $3000. I went to the floodfordesp.com and the quote was half the price. I see many of you are recommending Flood or Granger. My biggest fear is that the price is too good to be true. Is Flood a legit place to buy the extended warranty from?
I can only speak for Granger personally, but Flood has been selling ESP's a long time as well. Granger sell's the actual Ford ESP that will show up in your Ford pass app.

HItman84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats a great question. I was under the impression it was Ford ESP but I’m very skeptical it was.

I’ll check my paperwork.

Flood Ford is a legit Ford Dealership based out of RI, I have my MY24 on order with them.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW - this dynamic exists with Toyota as well (we have a 4Runner). There is a Toyota dealer in the mid-west who sells legit Toyota warranty plans at steep discounts at high volume. The same plan offered by your local dealer is often 50%-100% higher. Just as with purchase price and trade-in value...this is another way dealers can add $ to the profit of a transaction.

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm due to exceed 36k so looking into ESPs. Just reading that California drivers are not allowed to buy out-of-state ESPs. Unreal. I can buy the Bronco out-of-state but not a warranty that I will use at local dealerships? This state is too much...

DougF

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm due to exceed 36k so looking into ESPs. Just reading that California drivers are not allowed to buy out-of-state ESPs. Unreal. I can buy the Bronco out-of-state but not a warranty that I will use at local dealerships? This state is too much...
I live in California also but learned about Grainger through this forum. I spoke with Zach at Grainger and was able to buy a legit Ford ESP through them that is valid at all Ford dealers using a relatives out of state address. It also shows up in the Ford Pass app so I know it’s in effect. My dealer here (San Diego) also said they would honor it, though I haven’t had to use it yet. I guess we’ll see but I’m satisfied all is above board (and I’m a certified skeptic).

SloppyJoes

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Florida is the same way....it stinks! I just know when I go to pick up my Bronco that the dealership is going to jack that price up. They know we don't have an option.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Do these warranties start when the standard one you get runs out, or is it concurrent with what comes with the Bronco?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Florida is the same way....it stinks! I just know when I go to pick up my Bronco that the dealership is going to jack that price up. They know we don't have an option.
True, except you can buy this warranty using literally any address other than a Florida or California address. I live in Florida and have purchased several discounted Ford ESP's over the years. Including through granger. Nothing that I know of ever gets sent to the other address, everything is through email and shows up in your Ford pass app.
Sponsored