BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These discount dealers were well aware that they weren’t going to get enough Bronco’s to cover their orders. Bait and switch. Sell folks Bronco Sports, Jeeps or extended warranties because they are so wonderful, transparent, and honest.
They were either incompetent , ignorant or totally selfish in their practices.
Now people want to buy warranties from them? It’s not just Ford here. Most dealers didn’t try to game the known system.
Okay, so you just don't like Granger. Got it. Disclaimer, I have no skin in the Granger game.
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is completely false.
I guess your right. They lose money on every extended warranty they sell. I bet they lose money on every Bronco the build too.

OP
OP

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a Ford Warranty administrator, I can tell you.....I've seen ESP save customers THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs. Given the state and quality of some of the stuff Ford is rolling out, I would definitely second guess canceling it.

I've seen a bunch of 10-speeds burnt up at 65-70K, radios non-functional, brake systems failed, you name it.

I don't have any skin in your financial decisions, but ESP is seriously a good investment.

I'm not saying the esp is not worth it overall - just that i got taken on this one. seems like most people are paying 1/2 or less for the same one.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so you just don't like Granger. Got it. Disclaimer, I have no skin in the Granger game.
No skin? Did anyone ever think that these wonderful discount dealers may have hurt all reservation holders by influencing Ford's decisions? Maybe you didn't have a reservation? Ok.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not saying the esp is not worth it overall - just that i got taken on this one. seems like most people are paying 1/2 or less for the same one.
Just cancel and call Granger to get the deal they have at 50 bucks over cost. No need to be mad at yourself. The Granger deal is pretty awesome!!! You figured it out just in time. I'll be looking at doing the same when my Bronco comes in. Lately cars are just maintenance headaches and there is so much technology now in them that it is worth it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, the surprise add on is standard even at a good low pressure dealership. On pricing they let your excitement take over to get you to agree to ADM or overpriced add ons. Then they make the delivery process take much longer than it should to get you tired, hungry and worn down. My technique is:
1. Agree to pricing in advance before you ever set foot in the dealership. And specify and get agreement to no add ons.
2. Enjoy the delivery process, your salesman will act like your BFF, take it in but don't fall for it.
3. When they send you to the finance guy, turn your giddyness off, tune him out. The only word to utter is "no".
4. Walk out the door and enjoy your ride.

After a few months I did my research and purchased 8/100K Ford ESP from Granger for $1200 less than my low pressure/low price dealer quoted at delivery. I've never purchased an extended warranty before and would only consider Ford ESP, I'm keeping this thing FOREVER!
I definitely forgot about the warranty pressure going in. Now i know for the future.

I will say, my sales guy & the dealership overall have been wonderful. Honored MSRP and Z plan, and have been great to work with. Let me use my capital one preapproval with a low rate, with no issues whatsoever. It was only the 3900 tag on the warranty and the approach that left me with a bad taste. Looking back, i think he saw my income on my app and got dollar signs in his eyes. Coupled with being late in the evening, and I was there with my daughter so obviously just wanted to get in and out. Good strategy and it worked :ROFLMAO:

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"As the guy who makes money by people buying these..."
I don't give a shit what you think you know about "the industry".

I stare at warranty claims all day every day. I also stare at goodwill claims all day every day, people begging Ford to help pay for engines and transmissions, and wheel bearings, and APIMs and ABS modules, etc etc etc, that have failed, conveniently just outside of factory warranty.

I don't give a damn whether or not people buy ESP. I make my money just the same. But it would seem to be a safe bet, given what Ford has been cranking out lately.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You bet. They are selling them to lose money.
No they make money. YOU lose money...
Kind of like car insurance or health insurance. People pay insurance all day long, their entire lives, and never use it.

Maybe they're just ripping us off, making money for a service we may never use...

Last edited:

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was very late Monday when i picked up my bronco. The finance guy came in and didn't really show me the options, basically just said lets cut to the chase.. this one is the best one and i need it, etc...I felt very pressured, but also know it's a good idea to get the extended warranty. However, after reading through here I am feeling like I got screwed over. $3900 for the premium care. I haven't bought a new car in many years (i have always leased) so i forgot that they would come at me with this. Is this way too much?
YES ... cancel it and contact Granger asap

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I definitely forgot about the warranty pressure going in. Now i know for the future.

I will say, my sales guy & the dealership overall have been wonderful. Honored MSRP and Z plan, and have been great to work with. Let me use my capital one preapproval with a low rate, with no issues whatsoever. It was only the 3900 tag on the warranty and the approach that left me with a bad taste. Looking back, i think he saw my income on my app and got dollar signs in his eyes. Coupled with being late in the evening, and I was there with my daughter so obviously just wanted to get in and out. Good strategy and it worked :ROFLMAO:
There is good council on this thread, cancel and purchase (only Ford ESP) through one of the discounted dealerships.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No skin? Did anyone ever think that these wonderful discount dealers may have hurt all reservation holders by influencing Ford's decisions? Maybe you didn't have a reservation? Ok.
Nope, day1 and day3 res' here and we bought ours at a different wonderful discount dealer.
Ford Bronco I think I got gouged on the extended warranty PXL_20211230_185434348.MP

Last edited:

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

but also know it's a good idea to get the extended warranty.
I've been around a car dealership most of my life and have literally never heard a non-salesperson saying this. There are exceptions (that might apply to you), but generally extended warranties don't end up being worth it.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of like car insurance or health insurance. People pay insuracne all day long, their entire lives, and never use it.

Maybe they're just ripping us off, making money for a service we may never use...
Apples and oranges. Insurance is to protect a person from catastrophic loses. Extended warranties don't apply.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been around a car dealership most of my life and have literally never heard a non-salesperson saying this. There are exceptions (that might apply to you), but generally extended warranties don't end up being worth it.
Cars a lot more complicated than they used to be. You are right, but all it takes is one turbo, an engine, or tranny and you are looking at a pretty crazy repair bill. I dont keep my cars past 60k miles for this reason alone. Most of the profit is at the dealer, so getting a good deal on one isnt a bad idea.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. Sounds like they marked it up about double, I’d cancel it.
Sponsored