John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know I know but reality points in another direction. It will be SLOW my friend.
Neither one of us has a crystal ball, it’ll be fun to see how this plays out. What a cool time to be alive! Be well. 😎

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
Dude.......I get what you're saying but I don't hear anything but news influence and fear!! GET OFF the Left or Right news channels and live your life!! Its a vehicle for god sakes, you're not going to change the eco earth rotation or the outcome of the next political election by buying or not buying this thing!!!! I hate to be harsh about it but the reality is, go lift a Tundra (or Jeep, or anything else for that matter) and put 35's on it.......as my buddy has......then go do a milage check!! 20's (MPG) on a Bronco is really DAMN GOOD!!! My old TRD 4x4 07 Tacoma (Stock) barely got 23mpg if I ran it like a baby with cruise control everywhere I drove it. As for EV's everywhere........werent we supposed to have flying cars by now?! 🤦‍♂️ That was the talk in the late 90's!!

As for EV's......they are certainly coming but I'd tell you to buy the biggest, best whatever you might have EVER wanted (motorcycle, side by side, sports car) with a motor NOW, before you can't......including a Bronco!

Listen, its your life dude and this is just a forum........whcih means NOTHING! If you're asking me, you're letting B.S. dictate your life and I'd tell you to either turn the tube off or the people around you off. I picked up my Bronco a few days ago and its BADDDDDDAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!! It was worth the wait!

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
BYE. Go buy a Honda this truck was never for people like you.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you are a dinosaur yourself! The mpg argument has obvious correlations:

Old/trumper— loves gas guzzlin’

Young/woke mob—loves electric

I’m 28 so I love hybrids.

Sooo predictable!
You’re mistakenly painting with a very broad brush. My 80 year old parents who have always voted R just bought a hybrid. Let’s keep the politics out so we can keep the thread open.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool I hope you had an early res with a hard top.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the switch to EV’s will come sooner than everyone thinks. Range and charging is going to drastically improve over the next couple of years. When we can go 500+ miles on a single charge and recharge in less than 10 minutes, the ICE will be history 😎.
You forgot to add the 5 - 20 years (for each project) it will take to design, approve and build multiple-megawatts of power generation capacity required with a high percentage of EV's on the road.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You forgot to add the 5 - 20 years (for each project) it will take to design, approve and build multiple-megawatts of power generation capacity required with a high percentage of EV's on the road.
We’ll see. I think things will come together sooner than later.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Old school rides like this won't be around forever
I love that small displacement, turbo/twin turbo, direct/dual injected, auto stop-start now classified into the “old school ride” category! It’s definitely not the “old school” most are referring to as peak internal combustion days… but I guess it is “old school” in terms of being on the way out

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please, EV’s are going to fall flat on their faces when impressionable idiots realize how much more they are paying to energize their vehicle on a kW/dollar figure 😆

Oh, and let’s not mention the unsustainable “free” charging stations throughout the country.
Free charging stations? You pay for your charge.
my friend went full on Tesla-they have money. The has solar panels and Tesla batteries plus 2 Teslas. 3000sq ft house. They allegedly never have an electric bill over $10. Huge upfront cost for all of that, but he makes it sound viable

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
It's fair to want more than 20 mpg from the vehicle you drive, but I don't think it's fair at all to slam Ford for having "abysmal" V6 fuel economy. The Bronco isn't an SUV stylized crossover. It's an actual body on frame ORV.

A two door wrangler Rubicon with the V6 also only gets 20 mpg combined. A V6 Toyota 4runner only gets 17 mpg combined. The Bronco manages to get the same or better fuel economy than it's rivals from a V6 that also has two turbo chargers and a lot more power.

I'm honestly not saying as a dig; you might want to seriously consider getting a Bronco Sport. The only way you will get 26 mpg is going to be in a crossover, and the Broncos sport is actually quite capable off-road. Or you could always get the plug in electric Jeep Wrangler 4xe. Then you can go 21 whole miles before the gas engine kicks on and you get an EPA rated 20mpg...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You pay for your charge.
Teslas all came with lifetime free supercharging until 2018/2019. But yeah volume has increased so much since then it’s probably safe to say a minority of owners have the lifetime free deal.

My new other car, the Ioniq 5, comes with 2 yrs free at Electrify America stations which are popping up everywhere, seeming to become the biggest non-Tesla DC fast charging network
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.