First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In a departure from the heaven/hell discussion, and back to OP, one of the cool things about EV’s and hybrids is their performance. Not sure, but I think an EV holds the course record at Pike’s Peak hill climb race. TFL did a video of a hybrid F-150 matching the 0-60 time of a Raptor, and I think they said the hybrid got 24 mpg combo. I mentioned in another thread that I would be up for a hybrid Bronco, if available. For us gear heads, there are a lot of fun things happening because of electric stuff in cars and trucks.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
That's why I ordered a manual Base. Low 30's.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a departure from the heaven/hell discussion, and back to OP, one of the cool things about EV’s and hybrids is their performance. Not sure, but I think an EV holds the course record at Pike’s Peak hill climb race. TFL did a video of a hybrid F-150 matching the 0-60 time of a Raptor, and I think they said the hybrid got 24 mpg combo. I mentioned in another thread that I would be up for a hybrid Bronco, if available. For us gear heads, there are a lot of fun things happening because of electric stuff in cars and trucks.
If there was a plug-in hybrid bronco, like the 4xe.... I'd be in heaven 🤣

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there was a plug-in hybrid bronco, like the 4xe.... I'd be in heaven 🤣
By the time Ford might decide to sell me my Grangtober order they might actually offer a hybrid.

Not that I really care any more. Given the way Ford has pushed my order into oblivion I've already moved on. I realize it's a completely different kind of vehicle and in a different price range, but right now I'm more excited about in the 2023 Range Rover PHEV. Sure it won't be the off-road brute the Bronco would have been but with some off-road tires and a bit of lift it will do most of the relatively mild off-road stuff I would have been doing in our Bronco and be way nicer on the highway and around town as my wife's DD. Unfortunately they seem to be nearly as backlogged as the Bronco. But waiting 9-12 months for one of those still seems better than essentially never for a Bronco. And no, I'm not interested in downgrading my order or switching dealers just because Ford screwed up the MIC and changed the rules to favor certain dealers while intentionally screwing others.

Sponsored

Jo_dugan

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can relate to this post. After waiting over 18 months for my bronco, my partner and I decided the gas mileage was too horrible to keep. We ordered a Tesla that will not be here until July. We decided in the mean time to drive the bronco, HOWEVER, after a week of driving the bronco we decided to keep the bronco and the Tesla. We’re not going to use the bronco as our daily driver, only for weekend fun and snow storms. I recommend

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have eve driven an older jeep you would understand paying a little more for gas. I’ll happily pay for the fun

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't manage more than 20mpg with the 2.3L w/ manual (currently averaging 16mpg, lol)

:)
How fast do you drive on the highway??

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How fast do you drive on the highway??
I don't drive much on the highway at all, every 2 weeks I drive an hour each way to visit my father, and then I set the cruise for 120kph (~75mph)

427Comet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super duty, 65 comet cyclone
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
I was hoping ford would option the 3.0 diesel power stroke. For 2022
I

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't drive much on the highway at all, every 2 weeks I drive an hour each way to visit my father, and then I set the cruise for 120kph (~75mph)
Drop it to 65 MPH and see what you get. I have a F-150 3.5 dual turbo. I drive 65 MPH, and on trips, non towing I get 23.5 MPG. If I run the same trip at 70-75 it's below 20 MPH. A Bronco with 33 or 35" tires, if you have the low end gears on a SAS, mileage will be low. Then again you don't buy this truck for mileage.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drop it to 65 MPH and see what you get. I have a F-150 3.5 dual turbo. I drive 65 MPH, and on trips, non towing I get 23.5 MPG. If I run the same trip at 70-75 it's below 20 MPH. A Bronco with 33 or 35" tires, if you have the low end gears on a SAS, mileage will be low. Then again you don't buy this truck for mileage.
I've tried it (110kph, the posted limit), it made almost no difference (less than 0.5mpg) in my case.

As you said, I didn't buy it for the mileage, but the OP's objective of 20mpg with the 2.7L is pretty much impossible for me, with the smaller motor.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the result of an offshore spill from importing oil from the middle east and drilling. Dereks and onshore operations don't have near the issues that offshore and imports do! I'm not a fan of offshore!
I worked offshore for a bit. Saw so many dead birds in the mud (oil based) all over the rig. Bummed me out for sure.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've noticed that the "we have to go to EV" crowd lean predominately in one direction in regards to political beliefs as well. I pretty much don't really care what kind of vehicle any one else drives and THANK GOD I am so old that I will never be relegated to driving those overweight, ridiculous, laughable pieces of shit in my lifetime. Did you see the cost of a replacement Tesla battery last week? However we all know this is just a microscopic fraction of how people have lost their minds lol. It's the same concept being pandered by idiots that think covering our country with solar panels is the answer. OK...I'm out. Gotta start up my big F450 twin turbo (tuned to 1200 horsepower) black smoke belching piece of Merica and make a beer run. Happy Sunday. Remember its the Lord's day so be nice to one another.
I’ve noticed some other leanings as well…

edit: the other leanings I’m speaking of are people who think EVs are “pieces of shit” and take pride in their old, gas guzzling ways. My subtly was too subtle and I’m not as clever as I think I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.