Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It all seems surreal now, I was in the clouds, at the top of the highest road in Idaho, planning our stewardship event work day with 2 USFS Rangers and my friend from the Sawtooth Society.
THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST BRONCO ADVENTURE I HAVE EVER CREATED! - So much was learned on this recon.

1st thing I want to share though - the white bark pine. This is now my new favorite thing and I can't wait to take the club into this one of a kind biotype here in Idaho. I will be editing some video but as we all know photos can never do things justice. OK so back to this tree first, they can live to be several hundred years old. Whitebark pine is an iconic species in the subalpine zone of the west. They are in dramatic decline in recent decades due to the combined impacts of native mountain pine beetle, a non-native fungus that causes the disease white pine blister rust, changing fire regimes, and climate change. Even more challenging is that its survival is based on a symbiotic relationship with the "Clarks Nutcracker" a part of the Crow/Jay family of birds. The whitebark pine, in exchange for providing highly nutritious seeds for Clark’s nutcrackers, as well as many other wildlife species, benefits from the bird’s seed-storing behavior as many of those cached seeds are forgotten and subsequently germinate." - https://www.nps.gov/.../whitebark-pine-and-clarks....

These create groupings of several seeds growing into one tree and look so unique. I can't wait to be back in them, I will be sure to hug one next time.

Also along our route is a pipe with natural spring drinking water. This is the best water and our camp will be close enough to make a water run Friday evening so we can have plenty for camp coffee Saturday. I wish I had brought some home it is so yummy!

The original site we had is not going to be suitable due to the fact the equsestrian users have really mucked it up. It looked great on the maps and images but... So we will be just down the road in another epic scenic, must drive while we are there - spot.

Little Boulder Recreation Site. https://www.blm.gov/visit/little-boulder-recreation-site it has a great spot for tents and even parking Broncos!

The Railroad Ridge is almost like being on another planet. The way the biotype changes so abruptly is very cool! When Scott and I stopped and I took the photos at the road end, you are so high up it gives a sense of vertigo!

While we were discussing sign placements at the wilderness boundary one the park rangers matter of factly says to me, "you guys better look behind you". We turn around to see a herd of elk, running through the clouds, across the ridge - UNREAL!

I jumped out and pointed my GoPro that direction but they were gone into the mist just as fast as they appeared. An amazing experience no doubt.

I am so excited for this event. I will get to work today on editing for a trail preview video, and update the event next!

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 9

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 8

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 7

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 6

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 5

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 4

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 3

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 2

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 10

Sponsored

Last edited:

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like an epic adventure, love Idaho haven't been years. Two door score way to go.

OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like an epic adventure, love Idaho haven't been years. Two door score way to go.
Thanks! I didn't want to leave - cant wait to be back again!

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all seems surreal now, I was in the clouds, at the top of the highest road in Idaho, planning our stewardship event work day with 2 USFS Rangers and my friend from the Sawtooth Society.
THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST BRONCO ADVENTURE I HAVE EVER CREATED! - So much was learned on this recon.

1st thing I want to share though - the white bark pine. This is now my new favorite thing and I can't wait to take the club into this one of a kind biotype here in Idaho. I will be editing some video but as we all know photos can never do things justice. OK so back to this tree first, they can live to be several hundred years old. Whitebark pine is an iconic species in the subalpine zone of the west. They are in dramatic decline in recent decades due to the combined impacts of native mountain pine beetle, a non-native fungus that causes the disease white pine blister rust, changing fire regimes, and climate change. Even more challenging is that its survival is based on a symbiotic relationship with the "Clarks Nutcracker" a part of the Crow/Jay family of birds. The whitebark pine, in exchange for providing highly nutritious seeds for Clark’s nutcrackers, as well as many other wildlife species, benefits from the bird’s seed-storing behavior as many of those cached seeds are forgotten and subsequently germinate." - https://www.nps.gov/.../whitebark-pine-and-clarks....

These create groupings of several seeds growing into one tree and look so unique. I can't wait to be back in them, I will be sure to hug one next time.

Also along our route is a pipe with natural spring drinking water. This is the best water and our camp will be close enough to make a water run Friday evening so we can have plenty for camp coffee Saturday. I wish I had brought some home it is so yummy!

The original site we had is not going to be suitable due to the fact the equsestrian users have really mucked it up. It looked great on the maps and images but... So we will be just down the road in another epic scenic, must drive while we are there - spot.

Little Boulder Recreation Site. https://www.blm.gov/visit/little-boulder-recreation-site it has a great spot for tents and even parking Broncos!

The Railroad Ridge is almost like being on another planet. The way the biotype changes so abruptly is very cool! When Scott and I stopped and I took the photos at the road end, you are so high up it gives a sense of vertigo!

While we were discussing sign placements at the wilderness boundary one the park rangers matter of factly says to me, "you guys better look behind you". We turn around to see a herd of elk, running through the clouds, across the ridge - UNREAL!

I jumped out and pointed my GoPro that direction but they were gone into the mist just as fast as they appeared. An amazing experience no doubt.

I am so excited for this event. I will get to work today on editing for a trail preview video, and update the event next!

Ford Bronco I took my Bronco to the end of the highest road in Idaho yesterday... Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 10

Outstanding photos! I love seeing Bronco being utilized, esp 2drs

Sponsored

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where was this? I wasn't far from the sawtooths today in the Raptor...

For everyone else who reads this thread, Idaho sucks. Don't come here...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I lived in Idaho most of my life. It’s horrible. No outside activities, and the scenery sucks. Now go tell everyone you know! 😉
Where was this? I wasn't far from the sawtooths today in the Raptor...

For everyone else who reads this thread, Idaho sucks. Don't come here...
Sound like my friend from Caldwell. Love Idaho, hope it stays it the way it is...

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sound like my friend from Caldwell. Love Idaho, hope it stays it the way it is...
Sarcasm is lost on the world...

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great shots! That coffee maker is interesting too! Got my velocity blue 2dr on tuesday finally after 3 years! Going back to the dealers for tune, new wheels/tires and the new 7pin aftermarket trailer hitch this Tuesday. Can't wait for some adventures