Sponsored

took my first drive in the rain today... realized 2 things... theres no stalk on the right side of the wheel. and theres no single wipe option?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
maybe Im missing it, I looked in the owners manual, but didnt find anything.

Normally on other Fords (and I think most cars) the right column stalk is the wipers, and you can momentarily press down to get 1 wipe from the wipers. (or click up for intermittent/slow/fast wipers)

looks like the bronco does not have this function? you can only twist the left stalk to turn on intermittent/slow/fast wiper?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's more like older Ford trucks and I love it, don't care for wiper controls on the right. Never tried the single wipe.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you give the windshield washer button a quick tap it will do a single wipe without spraying anything. Thatā€™s what I always do when I get some mist.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you give the windshield washer button a quick tap it will do a single wipe without spraying anything. Thatā€™s what I always do when I get some mist.
good to know, I didnt try that. Im not married to the right stalk, more amused that I didnt notice it wasnt there for a whole month.

but I have an illogical pet peeve about over wiping on the windshield, I feel like it wears out the wipers and windshield, and even the intermittent setting still wipes too often for me. so I will drive for miles triggering the wiper myself when I want it. Yeah... Im weird.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do the same. I hate windshield wipers. Usually just keep a good coating on the whole car and occasionally click the wipers when needed, one swipe at a time.

I'll also never ever ever use a rear wiper. They trash the rear glass.

Darn vertical windshield on the Bronco has me using the wipers way more than I want to though.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's more like older Ford trucks and I love it, don't care for wiper controls on the right. Never tried the single wipe.
I had an ā€˜82 F150 with the wiper control knob on the dasboard. If, for example, you drove into a dip in the road that was full of water, sometimes the force of hitting the water was enough to cause the seatbelt to lock you into position, and then you couldnā€™t reach the wiper knob. So as the wave of water came up over the hood you got to drive blind until you could get the seatbelt ratchet to disengageā€¦ Good times!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an ā€˜82 F150 with the wiper control knob on the dasboard. If, for example, you drove into a dip in the road that was full of water, sometimes the force of hitting the water was enough to cause the seatbelt to lock you into position, and then you couldnā€™t reach the wiper knob. So as the wave of water came up over the hood you got to drive blind until you could get the seatbelt ratchet to disengageā€¦ Good times!
I spent a lot of time as a teen driving my dad's 86 and a few years ago I had a 90 so I know exactly what you mean!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah seems that's a Euro/Asian car thing with the right stalk. I've never owned anything with one. (All Fords SUVs and trucks). The focus, fusion, transit had it but because they started life outside North America. Taurus, Flex, Edge..ect NA designed don't have anything on the right side.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you can always just rotate the wiper control ring forward and back to get a single swipe

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So now everything on a single expensive stalk these days. More and more functions.. I donā€™t mind so much they are more reliable than the vacuum motor wipers I had in my 71 AMC Gremlin. Winter was the worst, tied a string on each side and pulled through windows to move them. Replaced with an electric wiper from later year, drop in fitā€¦. Yeah those were the days. No chips either except in the radio.

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So now everything on a single expensive stalk these days. More and more functions.. I donā€™t mind so much they are more reliable than the vacuum motor wipers I had in my 71 AMC Gremlin. Winter was the worst, tied a string on each side and pulled through windows to move them. Replaced with an electric wiper from later year, drop in fitā€¦. Yeah those were the days. No chips either except in the radio.
Things were on a single stalk for American cars for years... Cruise control used to be on the same turn signal stalk as wipers.

John 0874

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 f250, 2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't recall ever a american car with a right stalk, are you visiting from the Subaru camp.
Sponsored