Sponsored

took my first drive in the rain today... realized 2 things... theres no stalk on the right side of the wheel. and theres no single wipe option?

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't recall ever a american car with a right stalk, are you visiting from the Subaru camp.
Previous car, 2015 fiesta st had it on the right.

Edit and 2015 cmax
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Previous car, 2015 fiesta st had it on the right.

Edit and 2015 cmax
mine was a 2014 escape. guess it was just that generation.

I cant recall if it did anything but wipers... I dont think so...

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had an ‘82 F150 with the wiper control knob on the dasboard. If, for example, you drove into a dip in the road that was full of water, sometimes the force of hitting the water was enough to cause the seatbelt to lock you into position, and then you couldn’t reach the wiper knob. So as the wave of water came up over the hood you got to drive blind until you could get the seatbelt ratchet to disengage… Good times!
My 86 F150 4x4 Srepside does this!!
Ford Bronco took my first drive in the rain today... realized 2 things... theres no stalk on the right side of the wheel.  and theres no single wipe option? 20220121_163812

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With all the sensors already on and in this vehicle I am dumbfounded that it does not have rain sensing. For a vehicle sold to go through the terrain it is marketed for then having the wipers come on automatically when you hit the swamp .... maybe the Everglades edition will have rain sensing.

The onlybadjustment to wipers I have found in settings is to add a courtesy wipe after using washers

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do the same. I hate windshield wipers. Usually just keep a good coating on the whole car and occasionally click the wipers when needed, one swipe at a time.

I'll also never ever ever use a rear wiper. They trash the rear glass.

Darn vertical windshield on the Bronco has me using the wipers way more than I want to though.
Always keep a bottle of wiper fluid at home. You’ll go through it.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do the same. I hate windshield wipers. Usually just keep a good coating on the whole car and occasionally click the wipers when needed, one swipe at a time.

I'll also never ever ever use a rear wiper. They trash the rear glass.

Darn vertical windshield on the Bronco has me using the wipers way more than I want to though.
I'm assuming you don't live somewhere with snow...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
good to know, I didnt try that. Im not married to the right stalk, more amused that I didnt notice it wasnt there for a whole month.

but I have an illogical pet peeve about over wiping on the windshield, I feel like it wears out the wipers and windshield, and even the intermittent setting still wipes too often for me. so I will drive for miles triggering the wiper myself when I want it. Yeah... Im weird.
This drives my wife insane! I drive for miles using the single wipe when I need it. Thought I was alone but there’s at least two of us. I can’t stand the sound of wipers on dry glass 😆

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Paughco

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Snoqualmie Valley, Washington, USA, Planet Earth
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 XLT and 2022 Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like that left-side wiper control will work exactly the same as the one on my 2001 F-150 XLT, and I'm fine with that. My truck has over 222,000 miles on it and that wiper stalk has never given a lick of trouble.

PRO-TIP: My wiper blades used to only work one way. On the upward sweep, they'd wipe, and on the return sweep, they'd just chatter across the windshield. This would happen from day one after getting a new set of OEM Ford blades. One day I was in the Duvall Autoparts store, and they recommended that I try Bosch wiper blades. WOW - what an improvement! Now my wipers wipe both ways! No more chatter! I also put a set on my wife's Subaru X-Trek and I haven't gotten any complaints (a.k.a. "right seat noise").

Seeya
ATB

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well shit, every car I own has the wiper stalk on the right of the steering column. I'm old, so how the hell am I expected to learn something new? This gives a whole new meaning to the old saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". I'm screwed...........:oops: :eek:

However, by the time I get my Bronco the DMV would have pulled my license for being to damned old the drive. :cry:
Sponsored