Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had mine for nearly 2 years, absolutely no rust issues. Great product.
Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IAG has been great and sent me new ones but when trying to take off the old ones the screws aren't moving. I've done PB Blaster, every tool in the arsenal and am at the point where I'm at a loss. Anyone suggestions for getting that out if they're stuck/stripped? TIA

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IAG has been great and sent me new ones but when trying to take off the old ones the screws aren't moving. I've done PB Blaster, every tool in the arsenal and am at the point where I'm at a loss. Anyone suggestions for getting that out if they're stuck/stripped? TIA
Get it in the air so youre not lying on the ground so you can use torque and muscle

or just get someone stronger lol

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trust us, we aren't pleased to see the powder coating fail either. As you mentioned, we are continuing to address this in both design, material, assembly, and powder coating processes. We have subjected these to ASTM testing, and the new changes have made substantial improvements in the results. We absolutely stand behind our products and are actively working with any of our customers who have experienced an issue to get this rectified. The last step in the improvement process is moving the powder coating in-house with an automated powder coating line so that we have ultimate control over the level of finish we are putting out. This comes at great expense to us but is necessary in order to continue to offer the level of quality that IAG is known for in the automotive aftermarket. Please, if you have an issue with your steps or even just want to discuss other product ideas, feedback, etc do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are just as much a part of the Bronco community as we are a vendor and we want to help support each and every one of you.
If you don't do this already, have you considered selling these steps in a non-powder coated version (obviously at a reduced price)? That way folks could get them LineX sprayed or whatever they choose - My GOAT Fab sliders came with the option of powder coated or not, which is a great option.

Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I first got into modding vehicles, I was taught one valuable lesson: Anything you install aftermarket WILL rust first.

Almost none of these companies meet OEM standards. Ever. Don’t buy this stuff. It’s all junk.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tried that one. We've actually stripped some of the screws and already broke one allen wrench. These things are killing me.
Bummer. Next time, apply a little waterproof grease to the threads before installation.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just installed the new ones IAG sent. They look good new. I see a few little scratches and voids at the 90 degree angles that probably will end up rusting. I plan to put some nail polish over those. It is very hard to successfully powder coat sharp angles. Let's see how it goes.
I agree that a cheaper non-powder coated version that could be Line-Xed could be a good option for IAG to offer.

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tried that one. We've actually stripped some of the screws and already broke one allen wrench. These things are killing me.
I've never personally seen one not come out with a good set of vice grips on the stud and work it back and forth with some penetrating fluid. The key is to work it back and forth not just try to back it out. You will want to make sure the lock nut is completely removed before doing so. Worst case scenario you could cut the stud off and then drill the center out but that should be an absolute last resort.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never personally seen one not come out with a good set of vice grips on the stud and work it back and forth with some penetrating fluid. The key is to work it back and forth not just try to back it out. You will want to make sure the lock nut is completely removed before doing so. Worst case scenario you could cut the stud off and then drill the center out but that should be an absolute last resort.
Thanks. Ended up cutting the stud off on the inside up against the rock rail. They're on their way back to you and the new ones are on with an excessive amount of anti-seize. Thanks for the support.

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@IAG Performance

I’ve been debating between buying your full length steps or the AR Magnums, and I’m pretty sure I’m going with you guys. Just had a few questions.

While some of your customers have had experience with rust issues, reading through these threads, I can see your customer service is excellent, and those customers have been taken care of. But how long after purchasing to you continue to offer replacements for rust issues? And are you still planning on bringing the Powder Coating in house in Q3?

Just trying to figure out if I’d be better off waiting til the winter to buy them.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@IAG Performance

I’ve been debating between buying your full length steps or the AR Magnums, and I’m pretty sure I’m going with you guys. Just had a few questions.

While some of your customers have had experience with rust issues, reading through these threads, I can see your customer service is excellent, and those customers have been taken care of. But how long after purchasing to you continue to offer replacements for rust issues? And are you still planning on bringing the Powder Coating in house in Q3?

Just trying to figure out if I’d be better off waiting til the winter to buy them.
No rust on mine. Installed December 22. East coast of Florida near salt water. Rust was an issue when first released , but has been corrected. Mine still look new.

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance

I don't have en exact time frame as every situation is going to be a little bit different. The reality is the majority of the rust issues we saw that were due to a failure of the powder coating itself cropped up extremely quickly and always within the first year. It is also very evident when the rust formation was due to a failure of the powder coat vs rusting because of scraping them on rocks.

We are still bringing powder coat in-house and the time line is still looking to be Q3. The infrastructure is ready to go, just waiting on the powder coating line to arrive to get it installed and set-up.

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to add a bit to this thread... I was a purchaser of the steps early on... Slowly I watched the steps start to rust. after the second winter. I decided to send an email mentioning of my experience and provide some feedback.(Not knowing of others having the same experience)

To my surprise my mailing was responded to immediately and a new set of steps were promptly sent along. This is a shout out to IAG for standing behind their product and a "Thank you" to Kathy for the wonderful customer service.

I am happy to hear that they have the issues worked out. It is a good product. (Already received the new steps!)

If you are still trying to make a decision, you will not be disappointed with the steps...

-Ed
Sponsored