First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully they figure out what is causing it. It's a little embarrassing when I pull into a parking lot and people look around to see what the noise is, not to look at a cool Bronco. I really like the ride and performance of the Icons, so I hope they get it figured out and the rest of us with the squeak can get ours fixed.

I assume @Dusty at ICON is following this issue as well and will hopefully give feedback to the rest of us in the same situation.
I've seen this thread but I have no clue what's causing it. Best to work through our customer service folks, as some already have. Everyone should be back from SEMA this week so if I hear anything from the customer service people about what causes this, I'll relay anything I find out.
Sponsored

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are serious clearance issues that vary between Broncos. You can try rotating the lower mount, but there is a good chance that your swaybar link will hit the spring instead. I wasn't willing to sacrifice turning angle or rip up my tie rod boot, so currently my swaybar links contact the spring near full droop (may be limiting travel).

Icon is aware of the problem. They provided prototype fixes to a few owners about 2 months ago, but the rest of us are still waiting for a "production" fix (replacement stud that centers the shock instead of offsetting forward or rearward). @Dusty at ICON was keeping a list of people needing the fix, but maybe now you just have to complain directly to Icon. I suppose another option is to send them back.
There has been a solution in place for some time now. Email scott@iconvehicledynamics and he can help anyone out who needs more tie rod clearance for their ICON coilovers. It involves spinning the lower mount around 180 degrees and installing a sway bar drop kit (which Scott can send you) that moves the sway bar back enough to provide the needed clearance. With that modification you can run just about any tie rod or brace you want.

OP
OP

Horton

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There has been a solution in place for some time now. Email scott@iconvehicledynamics and he can help anyone out who needs more tie rod clearance for their ICON coilovers. It involves spinning the lower mount around 180 degrees and installing a sway bar drop kit (which Scott can send you) that moves the sway bar back enough to provide the needed clearance. With that modification you can run just about any tie rod or brace you want.
@Dusty at ICON

how do I know which way to orient the lower mount? I just got my replacement coilovers and I want to make sure it’s rotated best way the first time. I did see I got the sway bar relocation mounts which I didn’t have in the first kit.

thanks

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON

how do I know which way to orient the lower mount? I just got my replacement coilovers and I want to make sure it’s rotated best way the first time. I did see I got the sway bar relocation mounts which I didn’t have in the first kit.

thanks
Longer side of the bar pin toward the front of the vehicle. This does require use of the included swaybar relo.

OP
OP

Horton

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Longer side of the bar pin toward the front of the vehicle. This does require use of the included swaybar relo.

Thanks i installed it saturday, and that's how i installed it and also noticed they sent the sway bar relocation bracket. I added that as well. I didn't see a lot of change in these, shorter hose up front was the most notable change.

Sponsored

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks i installed it saturday, and that's how i installed it and also noticed they sent the sway bar relocation bracket. I added that as well. I didn't see a lot of change in these, shorter hose up front was the most notable change.
10-4. I don't work on Fridays (I do 4-10's) so I didn't see your question until this morning. Glad you got it worked out.

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yay… Icon Squeaks… just installed, rear is squeaking within 20miles

6C4916A9-6816-4611-9222-8E540446D170.jpeg

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wrote a long honest review about this on this forum and it got deleted.
Stay away from Icon.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it sound like this?
Did you ever find the culprit?
I'm about to crawl under mine with some lithium grease and spray until it goes away.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bent coil spring left front. Coils were making contact with the shock tower.

Ford Bronco Icon coilovers creaking/squeking springs
Thanks.
Mine just started it.
Did an SVC perch lift, took it on a tame trail. Came into and out of a gentle dip spiritedly (there was water to splash) and creaked ever since.
Just on rebound, only audible with the radio off.
But I KNOW it's there so it's bugging me.
And it is not supposed to be.
I'll take a peek once I get home again, see if that might be my culprit.

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yay… Icon Squeaks… just installed, rear is squeaking within 20miles

6C4916A9-6816-4611-9222-8E540446D170.jpeg

Having this same issue, seems to be coming from the passenger rear. Mine have been on since March but just recently started noticing the squeaking. Also, both rears have corrosion on the body of the shock and the adjustment threads. Did you get any kind of resolution?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, I had a 50 miles on my odo and got the fabtech coilover kit and I have extreme squeaking too so it’s not just icon. I’m at 500 miles on the odometer. It sounds like all 4 corners. Sounds exactly like post #42 above mine.

I have the 2.5 fabtech dirt logic with external resis. Fabtech Uniball UCA, fabtech adjustable lower links, and fabtech adjustable track bar

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ICON 3 coilover lift. Squeaking all around. Will improve with driving a bit. Then returns after sitting a few hours. Took to 4WP, who did install, and they did not notice sqeaking/creaking. Will take back and have them let it sit a day or so so they can duplicate sound.

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have ICON 3 coilover lift. Squeaking all around. Will improve with driving a bit. Then returns after sitting a few hours. Took to 4WP, who did install, and they did not notice sqeaking/creaking. Will take back and have them let it sit a day or so so they can duplicate sound.
You may want to make a video as proof next time you notice it. I was able to get mine to squeak just by bouncing on the step, so I took a video of it and sent it to Icon.
Sponsored