Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not my Bronco, not my video.
This guy jumped his stock Bronco pretty hard in earlier videos. Now in this one he installed Icon coilovers and compares them to HOSS 2.0 with his friend's FE.
Bottom line is the ICON is more controlled and hits the bump stops less than the HOSS 2.0 (expected).

BUT: at 6:30 he jumps the Bronco and all 4 wheels (STOCK Sasquatch 35s) create lots of rubbing the fenders, even damaging them slightly.
Then at 8:35 the Icon bump stop is destroyed...

He did the same terrain and jumps with his stock Bronco in an earlier video, well in fact he abused the stock one even more (more jumps) and didn't break anything.

I would hate to spend money on suspension upgrade and get those results. When you factor in the huge discussion here on B6G about ICONs having issues with the tie rod fitment.... well let's say for me if I change the suspension on my Badlands it's gonna be Bilstein 8112 or nothing.
Note: Icon sent the guy new bump stops for free.

Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are the Icon 2.5 shocks, not complete coiler kit. Still somewhere between 1.5-2k but those reuse stock springs and top hats.

He definitely sent it though. Multiple times.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are the Icon 2.5 shocks, not complete coiler kit. Still somewhere between 1.5-2k but those reuse stock springs and top hats.

He definitely sent it though. Multiple times.
Yes, however the point is he sent it even more with the stock Bilstein and didn't rub or break the bump stops.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ridiculouse

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Play stupid games…

Look, I abuse my stuff, but I don’t purposely try to destroy it. My Bronco won’t be airborne on purpose. Been there, done that with other rigs. I find no reason to fault Icon.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Play stupid games…

Look, I abuse my stuff, but I don’t purposely try to destroy it. My Bronco won’t be airborne on purpose. Been there, done that with other rigs. I find no reason to fault Icon.
I agree and do the same with mine, but again, the point of my post is the fact the stock suspensions hold up better to those jumps (and this was interesting to point out in my opinion.
I would have expected the stock ones to break down quickly, and aftermarket with much larger diameter / oil capacity and stiffer dampers to hold better to the same abuse, not the other way around.

Now, if you think it’s expected and normal to see the Icons break down faster than stock and that with stock tires they rub a lot at full compression, then good for you :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree and do the same with mine, but again, the point of my post is the fact the stock suspensions hold up better to those jumps (and this was interesting to point out in my opinion.
I would have expected the stock ones to break down quickly, and aftermarket with much larger diameter / oil capacity and stiffer dampers to hold better to the same abuse, not the other way around.

Now, if you think it’s expected and normal to see the Icons break down faster than stock and that with stock tires they rub a lot at full compression, then good for you :)
I bought Icons, but I didn’t buy the cheapest ones they make, that use factory springs, and then abuse them for YouTube clicks.

As far as rubbing, don’t you upgrade suspension to get more articulation? If the way you check for rubs at full stuff is jumping, then it probably doesn’t matter what you buy as you’re bound to tear it up anyway.

My thought process would be to buy great stuff and test before purposely going airborne multiple times.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nah,not evidence of anything. Not when your purposely trying to destroy things. Not real world.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah,not evidence of anything. Not when your purposely trying to destroy things. Not real world.
He didn’t break anything jumping the stock one
Not that I would try any of what he did no matter the suspension

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen one video on Exp replacement shocks. Rear looked ok, but front shocks are severely under-damped. Compression and rebound. The vehicle was sent, but this was the result.

Ford Bronco Icon coilovers rubbing and damaged at first use 4F3EEA88-0D14-4136-B9FA-2E95137451C8

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No surprise here, if you’ve seen the inside of the stock coilovers, you’d know they’re made to be jumped (basically the same size as the ones on the Braptor). Icon on the other hand is a poser brand in parts, calving, etc compared to the other big guys.
Sponsored