Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON , do you have any pics of lights mounted on this bumper? I'm not sure why there's 4 holes on either side of the winch mounting plate - there's no way to mount lights to the closest set to the grill - too close. I just installed my bumper and winch - it looks good, but one thing I would change is add cutouts for fog lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON , do you have any pics of lights mounted on this bumper? I'm not sure why there's 4 holes on either side of the winch mounting plate - there's no way to mount lights to the closest set to the grill - too close. I just installed my bumper and winch - it looks good, but one thing I would change is add cutouts for fog lights.
I think I've gone over this already in this thread but the threaded holes are for some future bar/light mounts we have plans to do. There wasn't room to french light mounts into the bumper shell itself. Also as I've mentioned before, I've lobbied hard to get these bolt-on accessories upgraded from vaporware to hardware sooner rather than later, but so far I've been ineffective in my lobbying. So unfortunately I can't give you any sort of a timeframe for when those might be available.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I've gone over this already in this thread but the threaded holes are for some future bar/light mounts we have plans to do. There wasn't room to french light mounts into the bumper shell itself. Also as I've mentioned before, I've lobbied hard to get these bolt-on accessories upgraded from vaporware to hardware sooner rather than later, but so far I've been ineffective in my lobbying. So unfortunately I can't give you any sort of a timeframe for when those might be available.
Yeah, I saw that, but the initial posting stated " 3/8-16” threaded holes on top plate can be used to mount most LED lights (sold separately)", so I thought maybe someone actually mounted lights in those locations. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi there. I just checked and it looks like a run of them has been completed and is now in packaging. I don't know where that puts you since I don't have access to order information. But there are more units being built in this batch than back-orders so yours should be among them.
No joy. I emailed the web order email and received this response "unfortunately we are still waiting for some components to be produced. Eta is about 4-6 weeks."

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am seriously looking at ordering this bumper. Do you have pictures of your install you could share?

@dustywhat about a front license plate mounting option for us poor people that live in states with that requirement?

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am seriously looking at ordering this bumper. Do you have pictures of your install you could share?

@dustywhat about a front license plate mounting option for us poor people that live in states with that requirement?
It's on the lift getting new coilovers, but here's some quickies...

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper 20230311_195011

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper 20230311_195031

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper 20230311_195102

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's on the lift getting new coilovers, but here's some quickies...

That is awesome thanks for the pictures!!! So the stock metal bash plate will work with that bumper??

I'm glad to see the 4 bolts on each side of the winch. It looks like I could fab a bracket to mount lights there or make my own light bar.

Nice build!!! Did you go witht the Icon rear bumper as well?

Thanks again for your response 👍

Last edited:

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is awesome thanks for the pictures!!! So the stock metal bash plate will work with that bumper??

I'm glad to see the 4 bolts on each side of the winch. It looks like I could fab a bracket to mount lights there or make my own light bar.

Nice build!!! Did you go witht he Icon rear bumper as well?

Thanks again for your response 👍
The stock bash plate doesn't interfere, but it doesn't look very good to me. I have the ICON ft skid coming - should be delivered Tues. I found another pic - if you zoom in you can see the factory bash plate sticking out.

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper 20230214_082749

I've been thinking about fabbing a bracket or hoop for lights. I wish icon would offer one, but it's not rocket surgery.

I went with the SRQ bumper with spare swing out. I wanted to get the spare off the tailgate.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

We don't have a license plate mounting solution for it. There are several "fairlead license plate mounts" (google that term) on the market that might work for you. Or the top accessory bolts on either side of the winch might be utilized with some sort of universal or DIY license plate bracket. But unfortunately we do not have an easy bolt-on solution for that.

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't have a license plate mounting solution for it. There are several "fairlead license plate mounts" (google that term) on the market that might work for you. Or the top accessory bolts on either side of the winch might be utilized with some sort of universal or DIY license plate bracket. But unfortunately we do not have an easy bolt-on solution for that.
Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper Screenshot_20230313_105747_Chrome
Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper Screenshot_20230313_105823_Chrome

Excellent thanks!!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was going back & forth about adding a winch. This looked too nice not to pull the trigger 🤠

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock bash plate doesn't interfere, but it doesn't look very good to me. I have the ICON ft skid coming - should be delivered Tues. I found another pic - if you zoom in you can see the factory bash plate sticking out.

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper Screenshot_20230313_105823_Chrome

I've been thinking about fabbing a bracket or hoop for lights. I wish icon would offer one, but it's not rocket surgery.

I went with the SRQ bumper with spare swing out. I wanted to get the spare off the tailgate.
Did you get your icon bash plate on?

I was wondering if your Bronco came with the stock fog lights. If so did you find a solution for mounting fog lights to replace them?

Thanks again for the info. Just trying to get as many parts here before I get my Bronco👍

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you get your icon bash plate on?

I was wondering if your Bronco came with the stock fog lights. If so did you find a solution for mounting fog lights to replace them?

Thanks again for the info. Just trying to get as many parts here before I get my Bronco👍
Yes, I got the ICON skid installed. It looks much better to me. Here's the only pic that I have.

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper 20230314_160547

My Bronco did come with the steel capable bumper with factory fogs, but obviously there is no provision on the ICON bumper for fogs. I have a couple of ideas how to mount lights utilizing the tapped holes on either side of the winch mount, but I'm at a loss as to how to mount fogs short of drilling holes and hanging them off the underside of the bumper - which kind of defeats the stealth design of the bumper and I don't think they'd survive any type of serious wheeling. The only other option might be to do cutouts for recessed mounted lights, but what a PITA... I don't understand why Icon couldn't have designed that in. Not a deal breaker, but would have been a nice feature...

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I got the ICON skid installed. It looks much better to me. Here's the only pic that I have.

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Front Winch Bumper 20230314_160547

My Bronco did come with the steel capable bumper with factory fogs, but obviously there is no provision on the ICON bumper for fogs. I have a couple of ideas how to mount lights utilizing the tapped holes on either side of the winch mount, but I'm at a loss as to how to mount fogs short of drilling holes and hanging them off the underside of the bumper - which kind of defeats the stealth design of the bumper and I don't think they'd survive any type of serious wheeling. The only other option might be to do cutouts for recessed mounted lights, but what a PITA... I don't understand why Icon couldn't have designed that in. Not a deal breaker, but would have been a nice feature...
The bash plate does look great!!!

Those eibach coilovers definitely added some height. How is the ride quality compared to the fox HOSS 3.0? Are you going to install 37's?

I was thinking of a couple ways to do lights. I was thinking of a single fog behind the mesh grill like this or maybe one on each side of the winch on top of the bumper. (This might require a little body lift to get it to fit and be sunk in flush with the front grill).

Screenshot_20230328_043519_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The bash plate does look great!!!

Those eibach coilovers definitely added some height. How is the ride quality compared to the fox HOSS 3.0? Are you going to install 37's?

I was thinking of a couple ways to do lights. I was thinking of a single fog behind the mesh grill like this or maybe one on each side of the winch on top of the bumper. (This might require a little body lift to get it to fit and be sunk in flush with the front grill).
Yeah, the Eibachs added a lot more lift than I expected. I adjusted them all to have 1.5" of thread below the perch because I read on here that that gave about 2" of lift. I think in my case it was about 3" - more than I wanted. The angle of the tierods and CVs is steaper than I like, so I will probably drop it down some. It lined up perfect on the alignment rack and the only thing that was really off was toe in. They ride really good on the road - a little stiffer than the H3.0 Fox's. Less nose dive under braking, but I am running the HD Eibach coils in front, so they're probably stiffer. The real test will be how the Eibachs perform offroad. If not better than good, I will start saving my change and picking up beer cans until I can spring for a Carli suspension, or similar.

I do have 37s mounted and ready to put on, but I've been waiting to finish up all the suspension changes and let it settle for a bit before I throw them on. Saturday, I finished installing Rockjock upper and lower links and adjustable tracbar in the rear, so the suspension work is finished for now. I will test fit the 37s and figure out how much to drop the lift, get another alignment and then I'll be rocking the 37s. Also, other than picking up/throwing rocks, the factory squatch tires aren't too bad on the road, so I haven't been in a hurry to put on the 37s for on road driving.

I'll probably wait to see what others come up with for fogs - your idea may be a winner. Right now I just have the factory plugs sealed up with electrical tape and zip tied out of the way...
Sponsored