First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where is the light for the plate relocation?
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce the next addition to our Impact Armor product line for 2021 & newer Ford Bronco, the Pro Series Rear Bumper.

45202-Lifestyle01_hi-res.jpg

Tackle the toughest trails with the ICON Impact Pro Series rear bumper for the Sixth Generation Ford Bronco. Designed for the ultimate in off-road form and function, Pro Series features a multi-faceted, high-clearance design for slipping past the tightest obstacles on the trail. This bumper is designed with the smallest form factor possible without cutting into the Bronco's frame rails and crossmember, ensuring great ground clearance and departure angles.

45202_Bronco_REAR_Bumper_3QTR_TOP_high_res-800w.jpg

Recessed recovery points allow for the fast, secure attachment of soft shackles when the need arises, with no protruding tabs. The bumper also includes provisions to mount a pair of flush-mounted 2" LED back-up lights (not included). Mesh covers are included for those who prefer not to install lights. And you can keep your factory backup proximity sensors, as the bumper comes with mounting provisions to reinstall them. The bumper is designed to work with or without the factory or similar aftermarket tow hitches

45202-Lifestyle04_hi-res.jpg

Pro Series bumpers are manufactured from 3/16" thick plate steel, CNC laser cut and precision brake-formed for an exact fit. The PRO Series bumper looks as great as it performs, with a durable, semi-gloss black multi-stage powder coat finish. Wheel with confidence knowing that ICON Impact products are covered by ICON's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

45202-Lifestyle03_hi-res.jpg

The Impact Pro Series Rear Bumper will be available to order soon from ICON dealers or directly from ICON. The New Product Announcement just went out this morning so it may take a few days for some of our dealers to process and add the info to their websites. I'll update this thread when they go live on our site, and also with an ETA for the first production batch which is in progress now.

45202_Bronco_REAR_Bumper_STRT_high_res-800w.jpg
Like it just don't want to have to relocate my license plate.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We're working on a tailgate reinforcement piece that incorporates heavier-duty tailgate hinges to facilitate carrying larger/heavier spare tires. I've lobbied for a bumper/frame-mounted spare tire carrier but so far that has not been greenlit.

I'm in the market for a real bumper mounted swing gate and would certainly be interested if built right. The gate should be secured on the bumper, not the rear gate. So far the best option secures the tire on the gate, which of course causes issues having one side bumper (frame) mounted and the other body mounted.

Like many, I'm not interested in a spare mounted license plate. Here's another option though that I would probably do:
LoD Offroad | 2021+ Bronco Rear License Plate Door Mount

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Icon;

Have you had any feedback on your front bumper with the ACC relocated?

Any problems with the ACC operation in it's new location?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Icon;

Have you had any feedback on your front bumper with the ACC relocated?

Any problems with the ACC operation in it's new location?
We have two front bumpers and they each have their own ACC relocation strategy. I haven't heard of any problems for either one, other than people griping about having to move the ACC.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool bumper, great lines.

Constructive feedback: Unfortunately without an integrated location + light on the bumper for the license plate my interest is significantly diminished. Spare mounted plate is not an option for my needs.
I second this -
Where is the light for the plate relocation?
Like it just don't want to have to relocate my license plate.
I hadn't actually seen the license plate mount myself yet (that's mentioned in the bullet points) so I asked about it down in engineering. Turns out we'll be shipping the bumper with a bracket that mounts the license plate pretty much in the stock location. It's a separate piece so those who would rather relocate it to the spare tire can just not use the provided bumper-mount bracket. I don't have a rendering for it yet but they're working on getting me one to share with you guys.

That threw me a curveball because I had assumed we were requiring using a separate bracket or relocation to the spare tire, like we've done on our Icon 4-door shown in the pics. So this is good news for those who like the bumper but would prefer to keep the license plate in the (sort of) stock location.

We'll have renderings that show the bracket before these bumpers are available to order, for those considering it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hadn't actually seen the license plate mount myself yet (that's mentioned in the bullet points) so I asked about it down in engineering. Turns out we'll be shipping the bumper with a bracket that mounts the license plate pretty much in the stock location. It's a separate piece so those who would rather relocate it to the spare tire can just not use the provided bumper-mount bracket. I don't have a rendering for it yet but they're working on getting me one to share with you guys.

That threw me a curveball because I had assumed we were requiring using a separate bracket or relocation to the spare tire, like we've done on our Icon 4-door shown in the pics. So this is good news for those who like the bumper but would prefer to keep the license plate in the (sort of) stock location.

We'll have renderings that show the bracket before these bumpers are available to order, for those considering it.
@604Bronco : 1
@Tricky Dick : 0

Ford Bronco ICON Impact Pro Series Rear Bumper giphy

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce the next addition to our Impact Armor product line for 2021 & newer Ford Bronco, the Pro Series Rear Bumper.

Tackle the toughest trails with the ICON Impact Pro Series rear bumper for the Sixth Generation Ford Bronco. Designed for the ultimate in off-road form and function, Pro Series features a multi-faceted, high-clearance design for slipping past the tightest obstacles on the trail. This bumper is designed with the smallest form factor possible without cutting into the Bronco's frame rails and crossmember, ensuring great ground clearance and departure angles.

Recessed recovery points allow for the fast, secure attachment of soft shackles when the need arises, with no protruding tabs. The bumper also includes provisions to mount a pair of flush-mounted 2" LED back-up lights (not included). Mesh covers are included for those who prefer not to install lights. And you can keep your factory backup proximity sensors, as the bumper comes with mounting provisions to reinstall them. The bumper is designed to work with or without the factory or similar aftermarket tow hitches

Pro Series bumpers are manufactured from 3/16" thick plate steel, CNC laser cut and precision brake-formed for an exact fit. The PRO Series bumper looks as great as it performs, with a durable, semi-gloss black multi-stage powder coat finish. Wheel with confidence knowing that ICON Impact products are covered by ICON's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

The Impact Pro Series Rear Bumper will be available to order soon from ICON dealers or directly from ICON. The New Product Announcement just went out this morning so it may take a few days for some of our dealers to process and add the info to their websites. I'll update this thread when they go live on our site, and also with an ETA for the first production batch which is in progress now.

Looks good.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Constructive feedback: Unfortunately without an integrated location + light on the bumper for the license plate my interest is significantly diminished. Spare mounted plate is not an option for my needs.
I just don't like the way the license plate looks on the spare. It looks like an after thought. Oh crap, what are we gonna do with the license plate??? Here, just stick on the spare!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't like the way the license plate looks on the spare. It looks like an after thought. Oh crap, what are we gonna do with the license plate??? Here, just stick on the spare!
Agreed, spare mounted license plate is a no go for me.
I will admit that designing a low pro rear bumper with rear recovery hooks, pods for chase lights & an illuminated license plate is a tall order, but that’s what I’m looking for

My logic:
- Colorado requires the rear plate to have a light.
- I have no plans to give up my spare mounted trash bag, gotta have a spot for empty beer cans & trash on camping trips

Long term I may step up to a rear bumper with a swing gate for the spare, but for now I’m trying to keep things light & simple.

Sponsored

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. Without an integrated plate holder, I can't get behind it.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that it looks like somewhat of an after thought. I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't look symmetrical. It also kills me when spare tires are mounted off the bumper (swing) and they aren't centered. IMO the spare mounted plate seems to be the best option for me. I think it's smart that some of these manufacturers are making the bumper mounted plates a separate bracket, so the customer can decide where they want their plate. If it's integrated into the bumper they have no choice.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May have missed this but how much does this bumper weigh? Bronco's don't have a large payload... any weight savings over the stock rear bumper?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
May have missed this but how much does this bumper weigh? Bronco's don't have a large payload... any weight savings over the stock rear bumper?
This bumper was designed as armor, so I'm sure it's heavier than the stock steel rear bumper which is made out of thinner material. I don't have an exact weight handy for the bumper by itself but the shipping weight is listed as 85 lbs. I would guess that includes about 10 lbs of box and packing materials.

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

When will this be available? Not listed on the website that I can find
Sponsored