First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ill be tossing that scossor jack at the dealership. Waste of time and weight. Ill find a bottle jack thatll fit in that space.
Gotta mount a hi lift
I'm still back and forth between 2 door and 4 door. I'm leaning 4 door but I think the 2 door has plenty of room for most situations. If you're considering a 2 door you either have *another vehicle for the kids or *1 or no kids. Honestly, there's only a 15 inch difference between the 2 door and 4 door and I doubt anyone is buying a Bronco for their main family vehicle. These are fun/enthusiast vehicles.

We have two other vehicles that could handle the kids. I still love the look of the 4 door though so this is tough. My draw to the 2 door is because it's nostalgic to the 60s. Again, I think the 2 door cargo is fine for most situations
I keep going back and forth too. I think if I’m being honest with myself I’ll end up with the 4 door just for the ability to sleep in it. I sleep in my vehicle all the time whether it’s hunting, off road trip, or just a camping weekend. It can get super windy in Northern AZ and being able to sleep in the back of a vehicle is 10x better than any tent when it’s windy.
Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Such a misguided take. The cultural and transportation differences alone are staggering. Americans have commutes larger than some of those countries. Lol
I'm imagining a world in which I can drive my 2-door Bronco to a Swiss or German style train station and get around on a super clean, fast, reliable train. Even better, one of those long-distance trains that I can put my Bronco IN and take it with me. Truly paradise.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whoa my man, sounds like you have a wealth of very helpful information for a lot of hyperventilating 2-door reservation holders (not me...I'm getting this thing regardless). You ought to start your own Q&A thread...

... if you did, my first question would be whether you can tell us anything about how the rear seats fold in the 2-door. Seems like there's a lot of misinformation out there, including pictures showing a very steep rise in the cargo space when the seats are folded down. I know a lot of dogs out there would be relieved to learn that the 2dr's rear sets actually fold down to near-level (even if there's a step-up from the rear cargo area to the back of the folded down seats).
Back when we had an insider from Ford’s engineering, (the posts have all since been deleted), the insider confirmed that they will fold to near level. The lower cushions move forward into the foot well of the rear seat, which then allows the backs of the seats to fold to near level, but there is still a step up.

That picture with the large incline does not have the bottom cushions moved to the stowed position.

Unless Ford has changed something (given their insistence on interiors being pre-production prototype), I suspect this is still accurate.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back when we had an insider from Ford’s engineering, (the posts have all since been deleted), the insider confirmed that they will fold to near level. The lower cushions move forward into the foot well of the rear seat, which then allows the backs of the seats to fold to near level, but there is still a step up.

That picture with the large incline does not have the bottom cushions moved to the stowed position.

Unless Ford has changed something (and given their insistence on interiors being pre-production prototype), I suspect this is still accurate.
My hero.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The real issue will be that bronco's in general will never go off road, just like most Corvettes will never see a track

Most folks will only see the bronco's shortcomings and compromises and not benefit from the off road capability

I hope that ford studied hard to make the right level of compromise that appeal to both enthusiasts and regular folks because there aren't enough enthusiasts around to make bronco profitable. It's a cool truck and I hope it's successful but ford isn't just fighting wranglers here, they're fighting vs CR-V and RAV4 too

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...eep-wrangler-rubicon-vs-2020-toyota-rav4-trd/

I just wish the 2dr had storage ability commensurate with it's size, it doesn't need to be a minivan
You're right, there should be a qualifications and eligibility test in order to legally be allowed to purchase a vehicle. This would be akin to the Japanese class-license system where you can't legally buy a car unless you're appropriately licensed for that class, AND you have a parking space of suitable size for that class. Can only imagine the Free-dum ringing and shootings that would result from actual eligibility requirements.

However, this is America. All the great and horrific things that means. So you can go buy a Ferrari and convert it to a watercraft if you want, or have a F-350 super duty dually that you drive 90 miles each way as a single occupant to your tech job typing out 0's and 1's.

I find your "real issues" to be hilarious (honestly). There isn't enough lace to get my thong that tightly wound up the ol' man-cave. And it's tutu-tuesday! Knock back a cold one and think about the "real issues" in this world that you have no control over until you're blue in the face. I honestly wish that you would be allowed to drive a Bronco offroad but I get what you're saying, that back seat bracket is rather unsightly, and morally you wouldn't get enough trail time so there's that.

Taken with a grain of salt, you're arguing about a seat bracket as a potential deal breaker. "Oh boy this Bronco drives like a champ, but I just cant have it in my garage, would you look at that rear seat bracket! I mean, would you LOOK AT IT!!!! Ugh (torches vehicle on dealership lot).

Maybe Tesla then?

Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

10 minutes to remove...20 minutes to replace???

Why in the world is Ford telling us "they're not designed to be removed"?
I think what Ford means by that is they are not designed with a quick removal system like many other SUV's. All things are removable. Some just require time and tools.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as there is enough room for my beretta 686 when I go skeet shooting and my Range bag I’m good

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The land cruiser 78 series troop carrier is a two door with enough room to sleep in the back. Given the option I would much rather have one than my current Jeep or a bronco. Unfortunately Toyota doesn’t think North Americans want to buy any of their proper 4X4 vehicles so they only sell the 70 series trucks overseas.

14BD6AA0-2454-4E20-B98F-D0B1DF971EF8.jpeg
Australia retained the old school 70 series, and it's a great truck. You're right about Toyota USA needing something more along the lines of this... or better yet, a modern FJ40 and FJ45.

Sponsored

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Coming from a Mini Cooper, this looks like a TON more room.

And yes, golf clubs are a major priority!

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, here’s the back of my Jeep.... but also, I’m honest with myself and would go for the 4-door.

91C7CFD4-2D1A-4BE9-A347-1E7BC4D4C03A.jpeg
Yeah, my kids are off to college. So, I really don't need the extra seats. But, I want room to put my long guns, cooler, all the other crap to take for a day of shooting. I've been amazed how much crap you can put in the back of a JLU. If the seats would come out easy on the 2 door Bronco, I think I would still go with it. I keep going back in forth with color and 2 vs 4 and badlands vs wildrak every single freaking day. :ROFLMAO:

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again, using the Bronco II analogy -the B2 is actually closer in size to the first gen Bronco. Anyway, looks like the big internal cage in the new Bronc might reduce the width some, & overall *maybe* it won't be as much space as the Bronco II comparably - but it's gotta be close..... & looks like the seats tumble forward the backs go flat (production models ?) there's going to be a lot of cargo space. Or take the seats out. As an example these pics show a B2 with back seats up & then folded flat showing that a clever person is building his own custom area. Conclusion: I'm reasonably confident there's going to be plenty of room in the new Bronco for just about anything you'd "expect" to put in there.......except hauling big building materials from the home center.

Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space 11555921-1990-ford-bronco-ii-std

Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space 15837854_large

Last edited:

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it's not too obtrusive, that will be fine for me, otherwise the seats will come out. My Xterra cushions come out, and the seats fold down to be nearly flat. Does anyone have a guess as to the distance between the back of the front seats and the tailgate? I don't intend to sleep back there. In fact my next purchase after this will probably be a teardrop trailer like a T@G with the Boondock (off-road) package.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish that these attachment point would have been recessed into the floor......
Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space 15837854_large
I would assume those attachment points can just be unbolted and removed making a flat floor.

It feels like a long time till spring and people start taking delivery of bronco's and then we finally will see what is going on and what can be done in the aftermarket. But it really is not that long a time.

I am sure there will a solution. Maybe aftermarket or it maybe just taking some bolts out.
Sponsored