Sponsored

If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses.................

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling many people ordering AMB without seeing it in person and just going off internet photos are going to have a bad time when they get their Bronco and hate the color. The more pictures I saw the more on the fence I was and i even had to look at the color a few times on different days to make up my mind it wasn't for me.

Also AMB doesn't look like that at all in the sun. It is just the sharp edges that really catch the light and bring the blue out. Even in the sun flat panels will look almost black-ish. If you are making your judgement off of photos you are doing it wrong with these MY21 colors.
Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, AMB is dark blue in direct sunlight. But it's black in the shade. And it's pitch black at night. Nothing wrong with it. I like a nice midnight blue metallic.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Phone cameras have these TINY lenses, luckily my eyes have exposure. YES it can look like black, I bet especially in the dark LOL
BUT LOOK at that sun picture!! I'm sure our Kommie Kalifornian governor would like to tax sunlight, but its still free here and abundant!! (Like homeless, illegal aliens, high taxes, etc )
Let’s not forget that natural sunlight will be on pause some time between the months of July and Oct. due to massive smoke clouds caused by completely negligent utility companies and their state government overlords. Given the expected delivery window of the Broncos, I expect to drive a black Bronco until spring 2022 when that AMB really decides to pop. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK I have an admission to make:

Back in 2012 I ordered and bought a new Camaro and its color was Imperial Metallic Blue. Long story short I ended up giving it back under the Lemon Law after it wouldn't stop leaking coolant inside the car. BUT I loved that car and especially the color. I would go out into the garage just to admire it. It killed me to give it back.
So when I saw the what is the exact match of that color in the Bronco I knew that's the color I had to have, .AND yes my Camaro looked blackish at night and low light, etc. It was cool because it constantly changed based on the light, dirt on the car etc. Never the same but always beautiful.
Ford Bronco If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses................. DSCN0096.JPG

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a feeling many people ordering AMB without seeing it in person and just going off internet photos are going to have a bad time when they get their Bronco and hate the color. The more pictures I saw the more on the fence I was and i even had to look at the color a few times on different days to make up my mind it wasn't for me.

Also AMB doesn't look like that at all in the sun. It is just the sharp edges that really catch the light and bring the blue out. Even in the sun flat panels will look almost black-ish. If you are making your judgement off of photos you are doing it wrong with these MY21 colors.
I liked the color when I saw it in on a superduty (some of my black pictures are above) but I have no idea what'll look like on all the bronco's fairly flat surfaces. I'm 90% off AMB at this point but I know I'll probably lust after it on the road.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw it on the dealership owner's truck a few weeks back. It was early evening but not dark. The vehicle looked black, but also a bit blue. I thought it must be a really, really dark blue. I tried taking a picture with the phone flash on, but that only reflected the surroundings like a mirror. I used my phone's camera light to eyeball the color. WOW, check out the metallic turquoise sparkles in that paint! I was sold on the spot. It is a chameleon color, and will really pop in the sunlight. Who cares if it looks black in the dark? It's certainly not Velocity Blue which is now a common shade, metallic or not, on every vehicle from several manufacturers. I love Velocity Blue, but its just common. I also checked out the other colors. They're mostly the same colors found on other Ford vehicles and not particularly remarkable. There were a couple Bronco Sports in their yard with the odder colors. Meh. I've seen similar shades on Jeeps and Subarus. Kinda cool, but not. Yes, you can find dark blue vehicles, but I think you'll be really hard pressed to find a blue that has the built in tricks of Anti-Matter Blue. Some people will like it. Some won't.

That could all change if the green for MY22 is decent.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I originally wanted AMB. But over time I noticed various things which made me change my mind. First thing is some of the best photos of it on this site are under the very best conditions, which most of the time will not be the day to day lighting that makes AMB pop. I also noticed that photos pick up the blue even sometimes in muted lighting, but to the human in the same light, it looks much darker and many times can not be distinguished visually from black. I have looked at it two separate times to see for myself if it would pass muster. Both times I was very disappointed. Both were in the Southern California sun. It virtually never shows blue all over at the same time as a few photos depict. Rather the only fleeting blue highlights are the small areas of the body that are in an angle to reflect direct sunlight. If you do not mind having a black vehicle a vast majority of the time it would be ok. But if you expect a predominately blue truck, it isn't going to happen.

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Phone cameras have these TINY lenses, luckily my eyes have exposure. YES it can look like black, I bet especially in the dark LOL
BUT LOOK at that sun picture!! I'm sure our Kommie Kalifornian governor would like to tax sunlight, but its still free here and abundant!! (Like homeless, illegal aliens, high taxes, etc )
Are you wanting your post deleted, because this is how you get your post deleted ?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On planet mercury it looks blue,here on earth its black alot of the time

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not trying to convince anyone, the less AMB Broncos out there the more mine will unique. Just made a conversation to discuss how cool certain colors of the new Bronco can be, including this one. Carbon grey and rapid red would be my next choices if suddenly AMB wasn't available.
With at least 6 months to go until anyone starts getting their Broncos, we got nothing but time to pass. I hope those peeps who get theirs post pics of what the colors, interirs, etc all colors, look like when they arrive.
Sponsored