Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right? Bottom line is, these things are all pretty awesome in differentways!
I was looking more at the specs you listed. So you've got the 2 door OBX with the 2.7 V6. That thing must really move nicely. How's the acceleration from your perspective? I would think it might feel more spry than the Sasquatch builds we've seen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking more at the specs you listed. So you've got the 2 door OBX with the 2.7 V6. That thing must really move nicely. How's the acceleration from your perspective? I would think it might feel more spry than the Sasquatch builds we've seen.
Well, I've had the opportunity to take a good test drive in a Sasquatch V6 OBX and "my" non Sas V6 OBX AND a 4 cylinder manual (but it was a 4 door Badlands).

I was not happy with the 4 door 4 cylinder manual trans Badlands at all (except shifting, which was great). So I ruled out any 4 cylinders. I drive aggressive on occasion....

I am very happy with the V6 non Sasquatch in sport mode. It's OK in normal mode. It's UNBEARABLE in Eco mode. There is some lag off the line in sport but only for a quick second then it starts building boost. Even the Sasquatch V6 was impressive in Sport mode. Probably due to the 4.70 gearing.

I think most, if not all people will be happy with the V6. Even in Sasquatch equipped vehicles.

Pibblemobile

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT 302A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suppose something that should be considered is if the service clock has started and it is now considered used, they should CPO this vehicle for you considering you are paying MSRP.
Its considered a new vehicle because it hasn’t been registered. The warranty will start when the vehicle is delivered to the customer. There’s a ton of vehicles sold with 2,000 to over 5,000 miles sold as new.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see paying MSRP for a used vehicle 5-6 months from now as being much of a deal. Not trying to rain on your parade, if it makes you happy great, but I wouldn't ever make that deal.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had always thought dealerships are obligated to add accessories for their FCTP unit. I suppose they can strip it and resell the accessories.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had always thought dealerships are obligated to add accessories for their FCTP unit. I suppose they can strip it and resell the accessories.
I thought that as well. In this case, before we made a deal, I asked him if they had a bunch of accessories that they had to install and sell with the vehicle.

After speaking to someone else, the dealer got back with me and said they weren't going to install them. I said good, because I can't afford it if you do!

So yesterday we met and went over everything again. He mentioned that they will be getting accessories for it, but that I would not have to buy them if I didn't want to.

We'll see when the time actually comes.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see paying MSRP for a used vehicle 5-6 months from now as being much of a deal. Not trying to rain on your parade, if it makes you happy great, but I wouldn't ever make that deal.
In this case, I'm waiting 4 to 5 months and I'm OK with paying MSRP since the warranty won't start until I finance and take possession.

And not sure if you've looked around, but most other dealers are marking up their vehicles, even Demo vehicles, $5,000 or more.

And how many 2 door V6 Broncos have you seen, besides at a Bronco rodeo? There are 4 doors vehicles available in dealer lots every once in a while. Not so for the 2 doors due to hard top issues. I wouldn't pay MSRP for a 4 door.

As far as I can tell, the difference between $1,000 under invoice and MSRP is between $2,000 and $3,000 so I'm willing to sacrifice that in lieu of waiting till possibly Spring of 2023 for a 2 door V6.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, so let me start by saying I NEVER thought I'd entertain the idea of buying a demo vehicle.
It's a 2 door V6 Outer Banks Lux
20210724_140031.jpg
That's a nice build. Just make sure you get everything in writing regarding when you are going to take delivery and specify what is and is not acceptable in advance in writing.

As far as I can tell, the difference between $1,000 under invoice and MSRP is between $2,000 and $3,000 so I'm willing to sacrifice that in lieu of waiting till possibly Spring of 2023 for a 2 door V6 .
MSRP is right about $3500-4000 more than either 4% under invoice or $2000 under invoice... So if you add $1000 to that, then ya, it's about $2500-3000 more. You are just about right on the money on your math.

Last edited:

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All you need to do is remove the running boards, unless you plan some 1930s-style gangsters-standing-and-shooting activities.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All you need to do is remove the running boards, unless you plan some 1930s-style gangsters-standing-and-shooting activities.
Hahahahahaha! so true. they are terrible!

Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since you are buying, they should loan this vehicle to you for the next 5 months. I would not pay MSRP for a “new vehicle” with however many miles are on it from test driving.
Some states have a mileage amount that qualifies a vehicle as used, even dealer demos. Other states become used only if it has been titled previously.

No way I'd pay full price for a demo unit a bunch of scraggly B6G'ers may have been hot rodding around town! Hahah. The only issue with getting a discount for being a demo is that used cars are selling for crazy prices now, so MSRP may be a "good" deal actually.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some states have a mileage amount that qualifies a vehicle as used, even dealer demos. Other states become used only if it has been titled previously.

No way I'd pay full price for a demo unit a bunch of scraggly B6G'ers may have been hot rodding around town! Hahah. The only issue with getting a discount for being a demo is that used cars are selling for crazy prices now, so MSRP may be a "good" deal actually.
We test drove a 2021 demo expedition and i haggled with them. We did not buy, but I got invoice - rebates- private cash offer - (1$ x miles driven). It was a decent deal, but we decided on a van instead.

BWONCOSWULE!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same! Except I reserved a 2d basesqatch 2.7L with hard top. In my defense, I'm new to the whole, "buying a brand new new vehicle"... and didn't know pre-ordering cars was a thing until I found this forum. 😳

Still doesn't make me less excited! January is when I can get mine!

View attachment 148151
that is my exact build. 2 door rapid red sas, 2.7, bumper, aux, roof rack, floor mats