Sponsored

I'm Sorry I Have to Vent and Ford You Won't Like This...

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Waited 13 months to get my Wildtrak and will say overall it is a fun vehicle HOWEVER the following issues have really ticked me off!

There are some Major flaws that just don't make any sense if there is no fix. I'm interested in hearing from those that have expressed these problems on the forum, if any of you have had these items fixed or remedied in any way?

Fit and Finish of body panels - my tailgate is not aligned as it should be as well as other panels. I took it to my dealer and was told by the Service Manager that Ford allows for a certain level of off alignment on the body/tailgate and therefore....SORRY CASE CLOSED

My Brake peddle makes a clunking noice when you lift it back up from depressing. I have seen many other Bronco Owners complain about the same thing. Again, told by the Service Manager that this is "normal" to Bronco and other Ford Vehicles. I also own a 2022 Lincoln Aviator and yes its a different vehicle but its still a Ford product and does not make this noise. How on earth can you sell a vehicle that makes this noise and that is considered "normal"? I have never owned a vehicle in my entire life that has any sound with the brake peddle....SORRY CASE CLOSED

B&O Sound System - we all know it's not good which is a major disappointment for a premium sound system. I used to think B&O was a top brand not anymore but it gets better. I have a vibrating noise in the back subwoofer almost sounds like a blown speaker when the base hits. I was told that this is an issue with Bronco owners and Ford is looking into a "fix" for this and I should turn the base down until they figure out how to stop the vibrating. This really burns me and why would Ford not immediately get this solved why bother buying the premium system save your money and put it towards your own system....SORRY CASE CLOSED

Back Vents - for the life of me I don't understand why Ford would not have vents for the second row. There is a trickle of air flow from the vent under the passenger seat and no vent under the drivers. Why not at least have that vent pump heat/cold to help the back row? Again, I was told this is just to get a little air flow nothing more and nothing can be done about increasing the flow....SORRY CASE CLOSED

I would love to hear if any of you have these issues and hoping most if not all can be fixed? Come on @Ford there is no way this can be!
I remember over 2 years ago, before anybody had even seen a bronco mind you, people in this forum were complaining about the air vent design for the back seat. Ford isn't changing it lol
Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember over 2 years ago, before anybody had even seen a bronco mind you, people were complaining about the air vent design for the back seat. Ford isn't changing it lol
I know this much:

I’ll never be sitting in the back. So F ‘em all. Matter of fact, those seats are folded-down and unavailable in my ride.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
And that's exactly the misunderstanding most seem to have. A Wildtrak is just a $30k-$33k Bronco with $30k worth of add-ons. The chassis is not a $64k vehicle.

I'm perfectly happy with my $40k Black Diamond. I knew exactly what I was getting when I ordered it.
Yeah, my $32k Base (other than the dumpster fire of a dash board) is as nice or nicer than my wife's $44k F-150.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that to much for Ford to include? It’s 2023, not 83. Yeah it’s a factory made crawler, but it’s also a daily driver, and family SUV for people. It already has so much electronics, why not add a few more creature comforts. I mean everything is electronic. Also why didn’t Ford add hood struts? Was that going to be the item to make push it over the limit?
There's a lot of stuff missing from the Bronco that feels like standard equipment on modern vehicles, and I don't understand their reasoning beyond trying to get the base price point down as low as possible and it being too much hassle to add all of those other features into better trims. You remember the old retractable work light under the hood of some of the older Chevy trucks? That thing was slick and I don't understand why it disappeared.

Mine seems to do it most with certain types of music. if i knew exactly how to remove the panel i think i could fix the rattle well before Ford ever gets it figured out.
Bluetooth your phone to the Bronco and search for a tone generator online. You can play exact bass frequencies without any other sounds to isolate the rattling. Mine was active between 56-70hz, but after the kilmat and tightening the bolts real good I was able to crank it until I started getting distortion without any rattling.

Hey thank you - I am going to try that and see if it's a quick fix! Fingers crossed. Does the whole panel on the back pull off or are there screws somewhere holding it on?
It's not terribly involved, but it will take time, and the panels are just held in with clips and whatnot. There's a ton of tutorials on youtube outlining the details, I'd tell you how I did mine but it's a little different from the 4dr. The important part is the order you take them off, as they kind of overlap and interfere with each other.

C.Orange Julius

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill Geiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger 2022 Wildtrak 2dr high
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Waited 13 months to get my Wildtrak and will say overall it is a fun vehicle HOWEVER the following issues have really ticked me off!

There are some Major flaws that just don't make any sense if there is no fix. I'm interested in hearing from those that have expressed these problems on the forum, if any of you have had these items fixed or remedied in any way?

Fit and Finish of body panels - my tailgate is not aligned as it should be as well as other panels. I took it to my dealer and was told by the Service Manager that Ford allows for a certain level of off alignment on the body/tailgate and therefore....SORRY CASE CLOSED

My Brake peddle makes a clunking noice when you lift it back up from depressing. I have seen many other Bronco Owners complain about the same thing. Again, told by the Service Manager that this is "normal" to Bronco and other Ford Vehicles. I also own a 2022 Lincoln Aviator and yes its a different vehicle but its still a Ford product and does not make this noise. How on earth can you sell a vehicle that makes this noise and that is considered "normal"? I have never owned a vehicle in my entire life that has any sound with the brake peddle....SORRY CASE CLOSED

B&O Sound System - we all know it's not good which is a major disappointment for a premium sound system. I used to think B&O was a top brand not anymore but it gets better. I have a vibrating noise in the back subwoofer almost sounds like a blown speaker when the base hits. I was told that this is an issue with Bronco owners and Ford is looking into a "fix" for this and I should turn the base down until they figure out how to stop the vibrating. This really burns me and why would Ford not immediately get this solved why bother buying the premium system save your money and put it towards your own system....SORRY CASE CLOSED

Back Vents - for the life of me I don't understand why Ford would not have vents for the second row. There is a trickle of air flow from the vent under the passenger seat and no vent under the drivers. Why not at least have that vent pump heat/cold to help the back row? Again, I was told this is just to get a little air flow nothing more and nothing can be done about increasing the flow....SORRY CASE CLOSED

I would love to hear if any of you have these issues and hoping most if not all can be fixed? Come on @Ford there is no way this can be!

Out of all of your issues/concerns, the only one that I have in agreement with is the fit and finish. I am awaiting my dealer to get approved Ford to fix my Drivers door that is rubbing the paint off of my sill plate area. Based on some FB Groups, this seems to be more common than I would have expected. There are issues with my from quarter panels alignment with my hood. My Hard top alignment to name a few.

Good Luck with all of your issues.

I am surely disappointed that for 55K for the wildtrak that there are this many issues. I have been happy with the performance, as I have had the vehicle for 5 months and already have 10k miles. In Sport mode, it is an absolute blast to drive.

We will see what the future brings.

Sponsored
OP
OP
whiskeydriver

whiskeydriver

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thehudsonhouseny.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Aviator, 2018 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of all of your issues/concerns, the only one that I have in agreement with is the fit and finish. I am awaiting my dealer to get approved Ford to fix my Drivers door that is rubbing the paint off of my sill plate area. Based on some FB Groups, this seems to be more common than I would have expected. There are issues with my from quarter panels alignment with my hood. My Hard top alignment to name a few.

Good Luck with all of your issues.

I am surely disappointed that for 55K for the wildtrak that there are this many issues. I have been happy with the performance, as I have had the vehicle for 5 months and already have 10k miles. In Sport mode, it is an absolute blast to drive.

We will see what the future brings.
Thanks and best of luck with getting the panels aligned. Mine is not as bad as yours on that front, that would really bother me and Ford really needs to get a handle on this it’s crazy! Agreed on the sport mode it’s very fun!

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I concur! My Wildtrak is so much damn fun, but I certainly will NOT be buying another new one in the future if the premium price does not equate to a premium product! In addition to what you stated: The fit and finish on the top tier models ( excluding the Raptor) is hard plastic, NO EXCUSE! The windows rattle when opening your doors if they are down about half way, the sound deadening headliner for the MIC sheds like fiberglass and is extremely sub par, DISGRACEFUL!

The Mountain Man

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey thank you - I am going to try that and see if it's a quick fix! Fingers crossed. Does the whole panel on the back pull off or are there screws somewhere holding it on?
Just pops off. Go easy with it though or you’ll mess up the tabs on the panel. Ask me how I know…🤔

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do not take your dealer's word as gold. Go directly to ford for an answer and don't stop until you get the answer you want. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!

Sponsored
OP
OP
whiskeydriver

whiskeydriver

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thehudsonhouseny.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do not take your dealer's word as gold. Go directly to ford for an answer and don't stop until you get the answer you want. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!
Agreed and thank you! I have reached out to ford as well and nothing back yet. I also scheduled service at another dealer that I bought my Lincoln from and will see what they say. I’m not stopping I want to collect that 200! Ha

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a 10/20 reservation, had a Black Diamond on order initially. Was locked into a 2-dr manual w/ decent off-road capabilities. Changed to Badlands for the High package. Bronco has been 80% at the dealer for issues/repairs...really a TSB pig. Ford has been decent...now have PremCARE maintenance & service plans covered on FoMoCo's dime

OP
OP
whiskeydriver

whiskeydriver

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thehudsonhouseny.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was a 10/20 reservation, had a Black Diamond on order initially. Was locked into a 2-dr manual w/ decent off-road capabilities. Changed to Badlands for the High package. Bronco has been 80% at the dealer for issues/repairs...really a TSB pig. Ford has been decent...now have PremCARE maintenance & service plans covered on FoMoCo's dime
Wow that is horrible makes me concerned about long term durability not good!

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, Found On Road Dead...first vehicle from them. My buddy has a '69. Love all my past & current RAMs. I plan on keeping Bronco indefinitely. Hopefully it will last, being a 2dr...hardtop has already been replaced due to cracks.
One of these days, I'll travel south from the capital district & sample some of your libations ;)
Sponsored