First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious why you think the two-door won't be a perfectly fine daily driver. You think Ford created one model that drive nicely and the other one doesn't?
Its not suitable as a daily for me cause I need more space
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The two-door is wide enough for two car seats. Sure, there won't be any significant extra space, but if you're putting two car seats in back, they're probably not being taken in and out

I'll give you that. But we are talking about a pretty limited use case here. Kids that are small enough that they can't get into a car seat on their own. Are these kids that people are going to be taking off-roading? I would bet that most families in this position already have another vehicle suited for this or they've already been dealing with it. My point being not every vehicle can solve every problem, nor should it be expected to.

The four-door back seat is wider than the Escape's. We've had three people--teens, adults, kids--in back. Two adults/teens plus one kid works fine. Maybe not ideal for longer trips. The two-door is definitely a four-passenger vehicle. The four-door is probably a 4+1. But that just underscores my point that the four-door isn't the automatic answer just because someone has kids.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out that people may be in for unreasonable expectations about the four-door. Back doors provide easier access, but it's not going to change how many people are riding in back in most cases.

People with two kids who can get in the back on their own will do just as well with the two-door. People with kids in car seats have a temporary condition to deal with. People with three kids aren't solving their problems with a four-door unless those kids are all small enough.
Yeah, booster seats and older would be fine in a 2dr if cargo capacity is a non issue.

When kids have to rear facing until around 100lbs (IIRC, we are not close yet) a young family starting out can easily get two in rear facing at the same time. Buying one now we would probably be in something else by the time the kid(s) could get in on their own so sucking it up waiting for that point is kinda fruitless.

Three across is kind of gimmicky in a fullsize truck, I don't see a Bronco being better than than my '150.

We got ours so my wife and son can off-road with me in my truck (which is a two seater). Also for a rural dd as her Edge has struggled for years with mud and snow just getting to work and back home. I have only had to pull her out once this year so far...

People rag on the 4dr like it is a school bus off-road, the wheelbase is only 2" longer than my Ranger which I find rather nimble...

Car seats take up a lot of room and of course they vary. The one in my F-150 pretty much fills the front passenger seat.

And a guy about needs a cube van for all the other hardware that goes with a little kid that a guy doesn't get a say in packing...

Not every vehicle can solve every problem but for us the 4dr solves more for us than the 2dr could hope to. Given their popularity we must not be alone...

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I once owned a Ford Explorer Sport. The Bronco 2-door reminds me of that vehicle.

Ford Bronco In your mind, Bronco compares to what? 2002-Ford-Explorer Sport

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When kids have to rear facing until around 100lbs (IIRC, we are not close yet)...
May wanna check that stat to save yourself years of grief. :) Most states, kids can be done with booster seats at 8 years or 80 pounds. Rear-facing infant car seats are usually 2 years/30 pounds. And something like 4 years/40 pounds to go from car seat to booster seat. That said, you may choose to be more safe with your kids, nothing wrong with that.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember the day I first saw the concept Bronco in Car & Driver back in 2004. I said to myself that if they build that I will get one. The pictures took me back to my childhood....

My dad was a Game Warden when I was little so needless to say we spent a lot of time in the outdoors. We had a deer lease on the Trinity River. I was in a deer stand at 6 hunting with a .410 single shot with a slug! We had a Blazer and couple jeeps that traveled many a mile.
I was driving around the lease with my little brothers at the ripe old age of 10. I remember when we would get stuck my brothers and I would have to drag logs and anything else we could find to put under the tires, then my dad would teach us how to hook up the winch.....
My parents divorced when I was about 8 or 9. My step dad had a Ramcharger, it was green, that we went to Lake Whitney and Navarro Mills and countless other places fishing, exploring, camping etc. All the while still going to my dad's every other weekend....

My Grandfather (my mom's dad) owned Bill's Paint & Body. He had so many different vehicles I can't remember them all. The three that stick out the most in my mind are a 79 Blazer , a red jeep( I think it was an 83 model) and a 87 Suzuki Samurai. My grandfather(papaw) was a huge outdoorsman so we spent a lot of time hunting, fishing, and camping. I was a teenager by this time. My brother and cousins and I went places in the Jeep and the Samurai that I still can't believe! It's a miracle were still alive! So there you have it, that's where the Bronco takes me!

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
May wanna check that stat to save yourself years of grief. :) Most states, kids can be done with booster seats at 8 years or 80 pounds. Rear-facing infant car seats are usually 2 years/30 pounds. And something like 4 years/40 pounds to go from car seat to booster seat. That said, you may choose to be more safe with your kids, nothing wrong with that.
I may have been a touch sarcastic, seems like forever though...

Seems like most go until about kindergarten anymore.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco In your mind, Bronco compares to what? Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 7.53.29 PM

Compares to a mix of Defender 90 (not the boring current version) and early Broncos.....

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but the title of the thread instantly reminded of this badass song:

"Goddammit, try to make it real, compared to what?!"

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d need a four-door if my kids were still in car seats or still pretty small. They aren’t. So, I’m really looking forward to the 2-door as a daily driver, with a shorter wheelbase making it sporty around town, and I expect it to ride WAY better than my ‘06 TJ did on the highway. If I still had to have a four-door, I’d just keep my 4Runner instead of getting a four-door Bronco, which looks great, it isn’t enough of a pull for me to jump from a 4Runner.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered a 2 Door Big Bend to start because I wanted to replace my Open Air Adventure Vehicle (Harley Davidson Ultra Classic). It will also replace my 4x4 Suzuki XL7 as my daily driver and what I pull my utility trailer with.

My XL7 is a 7 passenger SUV. The wife and I are retired and figured we only needed a 2 door, but most of our friends are Seniors like us, and I figured they would have a hard time climbing into a two-door. So we changed our order to a BLACK DIAMOND 2.3L; 10 Speed Auto; Area 51; with Advanced Auto 4x4; and Tow Package.

Sponsored

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I compare 21 Bronco to Top Gun 2.
1. It’s been rumored forever.
2. They keep saying it’s coming out.
3. It reminds me of my youth.
4. The original was epic!
5. It keeps getting delayed.
6. The trailers/previews are great.....but I get the feeling I might die of old age before it really happens. (And I’m in my 40’s).
7. The music better live up to the LUX package hype!
But the 4 door will be better suited for transporting your friends to the volleyball court and still carry all your volleyball gear. Not to mention MGV for all the sand... :ROFLMAO:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the 4 door will be better suited for transporting your friends to the volleyball court and still carry all your volleyball gear. Not to mention MGV for all the sand... :ROFLMAO:
imagine buying a vehicle so your friends can ride in it

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Talk to me Goose!

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious why you think the two-door won't be a perfectly fine daily driver. You think Ford created one model that drive nicely and the other one doesn't? The suspension is by far the most significant factor in drivability, and both models share the same suspension and tires. The two-door has a wheelbase and width similar to the Escape, which rides perfectly fine. The Bronco's more compliant suspension and tires and extra weight means it probably will probably ride better.

Unless you are bringing along more than one passenger during your daily driving, I'd recommend not driving a two-door after you buy your four-door, lest you be disappointed that you can't tell a difference in ride quality. Hopefully you have other reasons why you've justified the need for the four-door. :)
I do (somewhat) agree with the user that you quoted, purely out of my own experience owning a 2 door Wrangler JK for about 5 years before getting rid of it.

The 2 door will drive fine, if not a bit bouncier. But the sacrifice of a trunk really becomes limiting after a while (Under my own specific circumstances with a family). And its not that there is some trunk space, the 2 door Jeep had BARELY enough for a few grocery bags, but most of my items were transported in the back seat purely because of the angle of the seatback obstructing the trunk.

Sure the Bronco is bigger, but I suspect this will become a point of contention for a few 2 doof folks after a year of owning it. That alone drove me to never consider the 2 door when the Bronco was announced.
Sponsored