First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Trying to get mine in for this campaign, but the dealerships in my area either want to inspect the vehicle prior to ordering the part (which is on backorder) or don't have an ETA for the part. I'm calling Ford customer care to see if they will reimburse me for the part. I've found a dealership that will put it in for me if I source it separately. Will advise if Ford corporate will allow this.
Oh buddy, I can tell you right now - while very logical, they won't allow this.
Sponsored

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh buddy, I can tell you right now - while very logical, they won't allow this.
Logic and reality are rarely paired nowadays, but I might as well ask! Ford shot the idea down btw. It's strange though, because my Ram had a recall on it and there was a "submit reimbursement" button right in their app for scenarios just like this. Oh well. At least I found a dealership that will order the part prior to me coming in.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still waiting for my dealer to get the driveshaft in. It's on order. The dealership has been good about updating me and ordered without looking at mine first. Just waiting on Ford.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I called my dealer last wk for my 20K service & the drive shaft recall. I was informed the drive shaft is a “couple wks. out“. They didn’t need to inspect and agreed they were going to replace drive shaft no problem.
Just ordered my oil change stuff thru rock auto. I’ll do it myself next wk.
I ordered Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30, it was only a few bucks more than the synthetic blend. Was that a mistake?

EDIT;
Got it done this morning at my local dealer (Leo Kaytes in Warwick NY). Pulled in at 8am went home got a call at 9:15 that the work was done. Got a chance to speak to the tech and inspect the old driveshaft. They look exactly the same, no damage on the old driveshaft boot.

C892351A-4073-40E0-BA6B-0642B85E8307.jpeg

Last edited:

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had an appointment for other warranty work last Monday, dealer called back and said that I had this recall and that they had the parts in stock and that they replaced it.

Guess it really depends if the dealer had it ordered already or not

Sponsored

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I called my dealer last wk for my 20K service & the drive shaft recall. I was informed the drive shaft is a “couple wks. out“. They didn’t need to inspect and agreed they were going to replace drive shaft no problem.
Just ordered my oil change stuff thru rock auto. I’ll do it myself next wk.
I ordered Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30, it was only a few bucks more than the synthetic blend. Was that a mistake?
From what I understand Mobil 1 is excellent oil, not sure if it voids the warranty but I think it actually exceeds the Motorcraft blend oil in pretty much every way. For boosted applications (as all of our Broncos are) I can't see putting in anything other than a full synthetic oil.