Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought the Ford F200 kit. What I didn't realize when I bought it is that it is the front cam and an interior cam, not a rear cam. Now I need to decide whether to install it or get something else.
Sponsored

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That area is curved and goes inward, or U-shaped, so it wasn’t possible to mount it there.
How hard was it to remove the plastic on the rollbar to run your wires down?

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How hard was it to remove the plastic on the rollbar to run your wires down?
I didn’t remove them. I was able to just pull them down enough to tuck the wire.

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think the rear camera could be installed in this location to keep it as high as possible?

1636845091199.jpeg
I Installed mine here. Works great. Just shaved off the side of a 1/2" Marine board, used the super strond doubled sided foam tape. I also used 3M adhesion promoter. Tucked the power down the roll bar down and connected power to the "hardtop" ready plug us a +12v to USB converter. There was an ignition +12v there at the hardtop ready plug.

20220131_182537.jpg

20220131_182703.jpg

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got this one, but it says it's only compatible with Thinkware and IROAD.

OBD II Power Cable
I bought the same cam but I god the OBD II sold by Thinkware (the name is EchoMaster).
The problem is that it keeps the camera always on in driving/continuous recording mode even when I turn off the bronco, instead of switching to parking mode. I called them and they say they have a compatibility issue with newer Fords.

Can you confirm your ODBII adapter model works as intended (keeps the camera on during Start&Stops events and switches to parking mode when turning off the car) ?

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the same cam but I god the OBD II sold by Thinkware (the name is EchoMaster).
The problem is that it keeps the camera always on in driving/continuous recording mode even when I turn off the bronco, instead of switching to parking mode. I called them and they say they have a compatibility issue with newer Fords.

Can you confirm your ODBII adapter model works as intended (keeps the camera on during Start&Stops events and switches to parking mode when turning off the car) ?
Yup mine works as intended. It doesn’t go into parking mode right away. Takes about 5 minutes before it kicks in and you’ll hear the camera notify you.

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone needs to build an aftermarket product that would utilize the built in cameras.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup mine works as intended. It doesn’t go into parking mode right away. Takes about 5 minutes before it kicks in and you’ll hear the camera notify you.
Thanks. I’ll be ordering that cable now, and return the other one. I initially chose the other one as it is supposed to work the same, but it as an extra OBD II connector meaning you don’t have to disconnect the camera connector to use the OBDII for something else but that’s useless if it’s not compatible with the bronco

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Thinkware U1000 with both front and rear camera's. Just an FYI, the video's with mine are in 60 second increments, so lots of videos to go through, so if you ever want to go back to an event, note the time in your head, or you will be searching for a while. Things happen in an instant and you can easily miss it. For me, a lot of times those events happen right as it is flipping over to a new file, which can be frustrating. I actually have a 1TB microSD card that worked in my camera, but for some reason, it has stopped working, so need to figure that out.

Sponsored

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was pretty easy. Went from the camera up through the headboard, down the A-pillar to under the steering column. Zip-tied the extra wire under there as well.

Unfortunately, it does not.

Yes, they are stored on the SD card. You can connect your phone to the camera through wifi and view on your phone. From there you can download them to your phone.
Did you have to remove any of the plastic cover at the A pillar? once I get down to the dash, there is no where to tuck the wire unless you run it exposed. Any pics?

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you have to remove any of the plastic cover at the A pillar? once I get down to the dash, there is no where to tuck the wire unless you run it exposed. Any pics?

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I removed the cover so that I could hide the wire.

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

could you mount the rear camera on the back side of the crossmember instead of on the bottom? it would not be in the center because of the recessed area but would be out of line of sight from the front. or am i missing some reason it would not work?

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

could you mount the rear camera on the back side of the crossmember instead of on the bottom? it would not be in the center because of the recessed area but would be out of line of sight from the front. or am i missing some reason it would not work?
You could. I just wanted it centered so I put it on the bottom.
Sponsored