Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks - what concerns me about lights on the spare wheel, though, is that when the gate swings open, there goes the light source for any activity that needs to take place behind the truck, especially at the campsite (while cooking, for example). I think that lights that integrate into the bumper body will be the way to go for me; the lower-profile bumper below will also help improve the stock departure angle:

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1661826248831
Sponsored

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all,

Searched everywhere on here..

1. Couldn't find any info on what model/options may dictate whether one has a rear fog harness already installed.
2. If one does have the rear fog harness, where is it located and/or how do you access it. Is the pigtail/plug-n-play adapter similar to the front fog or different? Pictures appreciated if you have any.

I would like to buy the OEM dual fog switch (M2DZ-11654-CB) vice the front fog only ( M2DZ-11654-DA ) option, but not sure if it is wasted on my OBX with LUX package. I tried to order the dual option from Tasca Parts and just go with even if I didn't have rear harness. But I was told that it was not compatible with my vehicle when I provided my VIN. So not sure if it will work should I be able to procure one.

I am all set to install front fogs on modular bumper.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the double-fog switch less than a month ago:

M2DZ-11654-CB​

from https://www.fordpartsonsale.com/

It was the correct switch and works well for my front fogs (MOD bumper)... we'll see about the rear fog functionality if I ever get some rear lights/fogs installed.

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought the double-fog switch less than a month ago:

M2DZ-11654-CB​

from https://www.fordpartsonsale.com/

It was the correct switch and works well for my front fogs (MOD bumper)... we'll see about the rear fog functionality if I ever get some rear lights/fogs installed.
Thanks. Going to order it then - take my chances that I have a rear harness.

Now if I can only determine if I have a rear harness. Would like to take advantage of those labor day sales when buying lights. :D

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not 💯 where it terminates or if it makes it all the way to any connectors by the bumper. Everything I’ve seen showed the wire in the wire track under the driver side threshold, but guessing it could also be picked up in the rear driver side for the more door. I can’t recall what thread it was in but think it was the factory fog light one.

Also, I’ve seen somewhere in a thread in here a mounting location for the rear fogs that attach to the spare; that should take the worry out of departure angle a lot more than underneath the bumper next to the recovery points.
There shouldn't be any mystery. It đź’Ż goes all the way to the connector in the DS corner of the rear bumper, which also feeds the license plate lamp. And it should not matter what trim - my little ol' base had the white/blue wire for the rear fog circuit.

I used it the other day to wire in an actual fog tail lamp (not OE, but in OE position). I'm probably one of the few who want that instead of using the feed to power rear-facing white lights, but so be it.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1662958032662

As for a spare light mount, I'm happy with the unit I purchased from ACFabb, but I wired the flood lights I have on that to the AUX switch run in the cargo area. One benefit to that - I can switch them on so long as the ignition is on; the rear fog circuit seems to require ignition and headlamps are on.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1662958088648

Thanks. Going to order it then - take my chances that I have a rear harness.
I'm not a gambling man but willing to bet you have the rear fog circuit going into the DS corner of your rear bumper. Pretty certain all Broncos built thus far do. Doesn't appear to be trim/ option/ market-specific from what I've seen in the service information. Pretty easy to check by crawling under the bumper and looking at that connector.

Sponsored

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jumping in head first here.
I installed the rear harness dual fog switch last week. As I had to have the bumper off anyway.
I have been searching high and low for a connector that goes into the factory plug.

so far I have found that the vehicle side is the same as WPT-1548
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664889614438

I believe AU2Z-14S441 is a ford part number for a Molex 31404-2510 Connector,
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664889985807

Though it shows up on the Harness print as HU5T-14A464-XA. It looks like the B-Keyed version of the connector.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664889659039

Based on the Molex Print, I believe the mating connector is configured to a USCAR 064-S-002-1-B02 Spec…
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664889938166

At this point I have hit a wall looking for a connector that I can buy that works…
Has anyone gotten further into this?

Maybe @4x4TruckLEDs.com would have better insight on the correct connector?

Attachments

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed the rear harness dual fog switch last week. As I had to have the bumper off anyway.
I have been searching high and low for a connector that goes into the factory plug.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664889938166

Though it shows up on the Harness print as HU5T-14A464-XA. It looks like the B-Keyed version of the connector.

Based on the Molex Print, I believe the mating connector is configured to a USCAR 064-S-002-1-B02 Spec…

At this point I have hit a wall looking for a connector that I can buy that works…

Where is this rear "fog light" connector? I can see if any of our pigtails fit it as we have some for various Fords.

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is this rear "fog light" connector? I can see if any of our pigtails fit it as we have some for various Fords.
The connector it located just above the hitch behind the bumper. But it is only there if you have a rear fog lamps, or have the M2DZ-15K868-G* Harness installed. my truck did not have the connector from factory.

The rear fog leg is teed off of the middle-left park sensor wire. I took a few pictures, but its hard to see/find when the bumper is installed

above hitch from below 2.jpg

above hitch from below.jpg

above hitch from pass.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it's not there then I can't go check

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness above hitch from pass

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness above hitch from pass

Our pigtails might work in looking at your photos

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664915777157

Reactions: cve

Sponsored

MNKYDVL

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC 1500 AT4, 1995 & 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ksmich were you able to find a pigtail to go into the 'G' harness?

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ksmich were you able to find a pigtail to go into the 'G' harness?
I have not, from all of my research, it would involve commissioning a custom connector. the connector seems to be only designed to for direct connection to a module (or light in this case).

MNKYDVL

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC 1500 AT4, 1995 & 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not, from all of my research, it would involve commissioning a custom connector. the connector seems to be only designed to for direct connection to a module (or light in this case).
Dang, I was hoping you were going to drop a link to something :-( Did you just put a new end on?

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our pigtails might work in looking at your photos

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1664915777157
These do not work

I purchased these from my front fogs and tried the connector is not the same.

I would be willing to send the connector I cut off to someone who makes harnesses to help find a correct one though.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness IMG_2323