Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4BAC4E41-9DB3-4CB5-A7D3-AA8CD2AED70D.jpeg

Just got these delivered from Tasca. Switch, fog light insert and rear wiring. Only have to order the bumper. It was back ordered. Ford dealer sells it at Msrp 704.72 excl. tax. Is that a fair price or should I shop around? They are offered cheaper but shipping is high.

Apparently these keep being back ordered. Found a cheaper supplier near that sells the bumper at 528 but still have to wait for restocking (and 22 orders before me) o_O
Sponsored

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is this the wire that you are saying is the rear fog in the harness? My plan it to tie two
s2 sports into it to use as chase lights. They only pull .9 amps so not even two together. Shouldn’t be no need for a relay at that low of a draw.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 0A5883D9-D192-46E2-946F-83519F5EC0D6

kpecks

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2023 Wildtrak 4dr Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bumping this back up to see who has come up with the best solution for getting rear "chase" lights to work without a new Ford OEM wiring harness.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this the wire that you are saying is the rear fog in the harness? My plan it to tie two
s2 sports into it to use as chase lights. They only pull .9 amps so not even two together. Shouldn’t be no need for a relay at that low of a draw.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 0A5883D9-D192-46E2-946F-83519F5EC0D6
Where are you finding this b/white wire in the harness, I am wanting to tap into to it to use for lights in the front, but not looking to run wires from the rear. I am assuming I can tap into somewhere under the dash? Can someone please post a picture of the location?

69BlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finished up the first stage of my rear fog install this weekend. Some tweaks to get things lined up, but its working off the factory headlight switch with front and rear fogs, and the rear fog enabled harness.
Note for Forscan programming: besides the two rear fog settings noted in this thread, I also had to disable the rear fog inhibit setting in Forscan to get them to turn on. Now they work and the dash indicator works as well!
Need a little alignment and blackout the upside down Rigid logo, otherwise good to go.

Was just reading your story about swapping the bumpers. I did the same thing and must agree the plastic top and side parts are the worst to take off. Loads of clips before it comes off.

Can you send the settings you changed in Forscan? I changed a couple but still no rear light on. The dash light comes on but not the rear fog. Is it the inhibit one? Where should I find it in Forscan.

Sponsored

69BlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually downloaded the last revised spreadsheet with Forscan codes with the fog lights. Changed the codes needed for the rear light. The dash light works with the factory switch panel but no light turning on at the rear. Started fearing the light might not be functioning although these led lights are hard to brake.

Anyone suggestions or a walkthrough for this mod?

69BlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did my rear fog install today. I installed the factory Rear Fog Harness (M2DZ-15K868-G*) in the bumper. I also installed the Front/Rear fog switch (M2DZ-11654-CB) in the dash.

To connect to the rear circuit I crimped on a 2 pin Deutsch connector and built a harness to distribute to the lights.

I used the low power circuit (R/W wire on rigid Harness) for the Fogs with plans to connect brake lights to the high power (Red wire on Rigid Harness) for now I just stubbed it out, but I would change the Deutsch to a 3 pin if/when I do it.

Ran my custom harness along the factory harness to both sides of the bumper.

Links to all parts:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/parking-distance-aid-sensor-wire-14758343-1?pdp=y

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/headlamp-switch-14868567-1?pdp=y

https://www.rigidindustries.com/sr-q-series-diffused-rear-facing-high-low-sm-red-set-of-2-90163.html

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...ount-light-for-ditch-light-a-pillar-brackets/

https://www.deutschconnectorstore.com/deutsch-dt-series-connector-kits.html

What did you change in Forscan to get it all to function?

69BlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oke found the problem. One connector from the bumper to the body was not all the way in and did not make contact. I found this out when I saw the license plate light wasn't on. After googling I found that the connection from the bumper to body for the license plate light is on the driver side; whereas, the connector from the bumper to the body on the passenger side is for the proximity sensors.

My assumption was because the sensors were functioning the harness was correctly installed. It wasn't.

Fog light finally works.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oke found the problem. One connector from the bumper to the body was not all the way in and did not make contact. I found this out when I saw the license plate light wasn't on. After googling I found that the connection from the bumper to body for the license plate light is on the driver side; whereas, the connector from the bumper to the body on the passenger side is for the proximity sensors.

My assumption was because the sensors were functioning the harness was correctly installed. It wasn't.

Fog light finally works.
This info is going to save me so much time troubleshooting . I just installed a rear bumper and the light isn’t working. The sensors are, so I assumed the light wasn’t plugged very well, even though I remember a nice click. Those those plugs on the end are so freaking hard to get all the way in.

Last edited:

69BlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This info is going to save me so much time troubleshooting . I just installed a rear bumper and the late light isn’t working. The sensor are, so I assumed the light wasn’t plugged very well, even though I remember a nice click. Those those plugs on earth end are so freaking hard to get all the way in.
This is why we put our findings on here!

Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands, high trim with front fogs, puddle lights, etc. So I ordered the replacement front and rear fog switch M2DZ-11654-CC. This is the right switch to order for going from front fogs to front and rear fogs.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230513_233450397

Here are some pictures of the C424 connector and its location along with a few other details.

Lay under the rear driver side and look up in the bumper behind the rear driver tire for a small connector that is vertically oriented. In this picture, I've disconnected the body and bumper sides and inserted a EU2Z-14421-BA lead/connector into the body side of the C424 connector. (the lead is the fuzzy black thing coming across the pic)

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230513_225008691

Here it is slightly closer.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230513_225017959

I had a helper turn the rear fog button on and off while I tested the voltage to the body side connectors using the lead to the positive side of my voltmeter and grounding the voltmeter negative side to the frame. The third plug from the outside coming from the rear side of the connector is the right one to connect into.

I enabled/allowed three settings in Forscan:

IPC module- Rear Fog Light Indicator - changed from Disabled to Enabled
BdyCM module - Rear Fog Lamps - changed from Disabled to Enabled
BdyCM module - Using Rear Fog with Trailer - changed from Inhibited to Allowed

I'm running an 18-gauge wire from the modified bumper side of the connector up under the heat shield and into the rear compartment where it connects up to a Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Light Kit which has a lead wire to connect to.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a bit more detail on what I did to modify the bumper side of the C424 connector so that my rear Didode Dynamics lights work with the push of the rear fog button on my M2DZ-11654-CC switch (while the headlights are on). I unplugged the connector, peeled back the wire harness tape, and noted that there are two wires running into the sealed end of the connector.

I used a drill bit to drill a hole in the back of the bumper side connector. I stepped up to a 7/64 bit for it to be large enough to get the EU2Z-14421-BA connector to fit through. In the process of figuring out the right size and getting the routing precise, I broke two of the five connectors in the kit and managed to break through the sheathing to expose the bare wiring on a 3rd connector. It's good that the kit came with 5 connectors, as I still have one spare. ;) I eventually remembered that I had some baling wire that I could work through the hole and into the correct pin location.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230530_012853711

Now instead of two pins on the bumper side of the C424 connector I have three.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230530_014937297

I plugged the two sides of the C424 connector back together and tested the bare end of the EU2Z-14421-BA wire with my voltmeter to ensure power was passing through, indicating a good pin connection.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230530_015229659

I add a bit of silicon to help seal the new wire, taped up the connector and ran the new 18 gauge wire across the frame, under the heat shield behind the 10mm bolt on the driver side above the muffler. (Red line shows routing)
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230530_022301963

The wire runs into the same grommet as the diode dynamics wiring harness into the cargo space, under the rear plastic trim, and tucks into the same space as the diode dynamics harness on the rear passenger panel area. (This pic was before crimping and heat shrinking the connector)
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230530_021523813

Last edited:

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a bit more detail on what I did to modify the bumper side of the C424 connector so that my rear Didode Dynamics lights work with the push of the rear fog button on my M2DZ-11654-CC switch (while the headlights are on). I unplugged the connector, peeled back the wire harness tape, and noted that there are two wires running into the sealed end of the connector.

I used a drill bit to drill a hole in the back of the bumper side connector. I stepped up to a 7/64 bit for it to be large enough to get the EU2Z-14421-BA connector to fit through. In the process of figuring out the right size and getting the routing precise, I broke two of the five connectors in the kit and managed to break through the sheathing to expose the bare wiring on a 3rd connector. It's good that the kit came with 5 connectors, as I still have one spare. ;) I eventually remembered that I had some baling wire that I could work through the hole and into the correct pin location.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness PXL_20230530_021523813

I plugged the two sides of the C424 connector back together and tested the bare end of the EU2Z-14421-BA wire with my voltmeter to ensure power was passing through, indicating a good pin connection.

I add a bit of silicon to help seal the new wire, taped up the connector and ran the new 18 gauge wire across the frame, under the heat shield behind the 10mm bolt on the driver side above the muffler. (Red line shows routing)

The wire runs into the same grommet as the diode dynamics wiring harness into the cargo space, under the rear plastic trim, and tucks into the same space as the diode dynamics harness on the rear passenger panel area. (This pic was before crimping and heat shrinking the connector)
Great Work, Glad to see someone was able to add a pin successfully.

You may have had less issues if you were to disassemble / De-Pin the connector before drilling out the blank.

Also, I wonder if there is a generic rubber seal you could use instead of silicone.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PXL_20230530_012853711.jpg

PXL_20230530_014937297.jpg

PXL_20230530_015229659.jpg

PXL_20230530_022301963.jpg

PXL_20230530_021523813.jpg
I'm also planning to run some DD SS3's, but sorry if this has already been covered...this thread is huge and already spent 1hr sifting through to find the answer. So this is adding the trigger from the new M2DZ-11654-CC with rear fog switch AND also powering the lights, correct? Are you still using DD's kit DD4133 or are you able to bypass this need completely? I'm not clear on what you're using from the DD harness perspective. Also, do your backlights work or are you splicing into the parking lights at some point? I know SPVParts has this plug-n-play connector for backlight..

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles
Sponsored

Last edited: