Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does a dealer have 8 loaded and Squatched, MIC topped BL and/or WT's when they still have unscheduled order holders?? Quoting my 11yo here but that sounds sus. One would think that those constrained allocations would have went to their res/order holders to begin with. šŸ¤”
Why? I ordered 4, only bought two.
So thereā€™s two well optioned ones for sale
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can, but the fanboys donā€™t like it.
Itā€™s a spectacular 40k off roader. Itā€™s a pig with lipstick at 65k.
  1. terrible premium stereo. Sucks on low volume with childrenā€™s music.
  2. Lackluster HVAC
  3. No AC seats
  4. Glitchy touch screen/apps
  5. Poor interior passenger/cargo lighting
  6. Lacks hood strut
  7. Cheap interior materials. Panels rattle.
  8. No rear under seat lighting, glove box light.
  9. Widespread MIC issues.​
  10. Low tow weight.​

With those problems/issues I stand by it as a bad ass 40k off roader. But I used it as a daily driver with weekend warrior duty. In my own personal opinion, a base model with aftermarket lockers, lift/tires, stereo would be a much better bang for your buck.
I think most people were shocked to see Ford offer the Sasquatch package on all trims. It's so anti-Ford as Ford usually forces you way up the trim level to get the good stuff.

I don't regret getting a loaded Badlands but I can certainly appreciate what a great value a Base model is.

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In Southern CA I paid MSRP for a 2-door Badlands Lux Manual in mid-March. I had called the dealer 2 weeks prior, and they told me $8k ADM. They reached out and said ā€œsticker this weekend only.ā€ Done.

Hopefully the gouging is nearing its end.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most people were shocked to see Ford offer the Sasquatch package on all trims. It's so anti-Ford as Ford usually forces you way up the trim level to get the good stuff.

I don't reg
  2. Lackluster HVAC
  3. No AC seats
  6. Lacks hood strut
  10. Low tow weight.​

With those problems/issues I stand by it as a bad ass 40k off roader. But I used it as a daily driver with weekend warrior duty. In my own personal opinion, a base model with aftermarket lockers, lift/tires, stereo would be a much better bang for your buck.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

a hood strut

you put a hood strut like itā€™s some kind of necessity.

how often you open the hood that you.just.canā€™t.stand.it?

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer called me this weekend and offered to sell us a stock unit at MSRP, she said they're reaching out to all the unscheduled order holders with this offer. I took a look and they have 8 and they're loaded BL's & WT's with Sas and hardtops if anyone is interested in the Denver area.
Now is the time to go in and offer to buy one at $1000 under MSRP.

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

a hood strut

you put a hood strut like itā€™s some kind of necessity.

how often you open the hood that you.just.canā€™t.stand.it?
Spoken like a true fan boy. Itā€™s not about the hood strut.and I never said I canā€™t stand it. Itā€™s just a cheap ass feature on a 65k vehicle. Itā€™s just yet one more item to show higher trims are a waste.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoken like a true fan boy. Itā€™s not about the hood strut.and I never said I canā€™t stand it. Itā€™s just a cheap ass feature on a 65k vehicle. Itā€™s just yet one more item to show higher trims are a waste.
You must not open a lot of car hoods then.
Not all have struts
Fanboi

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You must not open a lot of car hoods then.
Not all have struts
Fanboi
Name one model year 2022, $65k vehicle that doesnā€™t have a hood strut.
Also whatā€™s up with the floppy ass hood at highway speed? Iā€™ve owned a lot of vehicles, Iā€™ve never had one whoā€™s hood violently shakes at 60mph, let alone one at $65k price point.

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also whatā€™s up with the floppy ass hood at highway speed? Iā€™ve owned a lot of vehicles, Iā€™ve never had one whoā€™s hood violently shakes at 60mph, let alone one at $65k price point.
Jeep Wrangler, for both of those issues.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

8 certainly seem excessive.

I will note that everyone who backed out at my dealership had a high end expensive model ordered though. Some folks desires are larger than their pocketbook.

Not a single person backed out out on their Base model.
A local dealer of mine has 8 BLs, WTs on the lot/online and a few are maxed out on accessories. Everything that looks like dealer stock has a 5-10k ADM on it, minimum. There are a few of the rigs on the lot that have sat there so long, the window sticker has faded. Then the used rigs have less than 8K miles on them (dealer drivers no doubt) and are also listed with an ADM. They have a 4cyl 2dr BD on the lot that msrp is 42K. They are charging 54K.

Looks like they will keeping stock for a while, lol
I hope that dealer has to eat every one of them. Greedy bas_ _ _ _s.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not having hood struts is not something I care about.

Not having adjustable height on the shoulder belts is a bigger deal for me.

Last edited:

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no idea, we bought a Tesla last month are just going to have our 2 door. TBH after having our 2 door base I just don't think the higher trims like we ordered are worth the money.
What does getting a Tesla have to do with this? Unless it's the buyer's remorse? (People around here are trying to offload theirs for Rivian's).

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aaah, I see you have never driven a Wrangler. Not only does it not have a hood strut, and not only does it rattle violently because the hood is held down by rubber straps, but lifting the hood (which is secured by externally operated levers) does not trigger the vehicle alarm system. So here you go, I named one $65k vehicle MY22 or later. In your defense, Ford seemed to have a design goal to copy every almost shitty Wrangler feature in existence - noisy leaky hardtop, crappy interior materials, shitty interior lighting, marginal headlights. For some reason many Wrangler owners view these as features not bugs, and Bronco decided that what is good for the Goose is also good for the Gander, and they seem to have been right :D

Last edited:

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  2. Lackluster HVAC
  3. No AC seats
  6. Lacks hood strut
  10. Low tow weight.​

Good to know. My initial thoughts a year or so ago were to load up a Badlands 2-door, but as I spent more time on here I was leaning toward a base Sasquatch. Which I couldn't/can't order.

So I ordered my current JL Rubi instead, thinking it might be a placeholder until Ford gets Bronco figured out. However, when I took delivery, my salesperson (Granger) told me flat out that she's far more impressed overall with the Wrangler quality than Bronco (especially interior); the JL is a far better rig than the JKs were for sure. I'm a Ford fanboy more so than any other make ('15 Mustang, '19 F150 in the stable also) but I'm not above looking elsewhere since there are things about my truck I'm not thrilled with, and Ford dealers pissed me off beyond belief with price gouging when I was hunting for a list deal on a '22 GT500.

So I wait and see. I love the Rubi, so maybe I keep it and build it out instead.

Jeep Wrangler, for both of those issues.
Odd, the only time my JL hood bounces at all is when I meet a semi, the OEM hood latches on it are light years ahead of the sretchy bungee straps on my JKs.
Sponsored

Last edited: