Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pretty random question so please let me know if it should be elsewhere. In all the pictures of the back seat I notice this weird little "notch" "depression" "secret ejector lever". I've seen a lot of cars that have 60/40 split fold down seats but none with a weird space like this. Any idea what the purpose or reason for it is if any?

I don't hate it but I'd like be able to stop thinking about it.

Bronco Back Seat.png
Sponsored

B52HVet

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2013 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t have any sources to back this up, but I think itā€™s a protective tunnel type thing for the seatbelt latch when the seats are folded down.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That, or for kids to drop their french fries in.
This is why I think about it so often. My back seat is going to have two car seats for the next few years and I already find stuff in weird spaces back their, haha.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I think about it so often. My back seat is going to have two car seats for the next few years and I already find stuff in weird spaces back their, haha.
I feel your pain brother. When I remove the car seats to clean out the car, and see the mess left behind, I want to give the kids up for adoption.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t have any sources to back this up, but I think itā€™s a protective tunnel type thing for the seatbelt latch when the seats are folded down.
This was my guess as well but it seems oversized for the purpose. Maybe the belts come out further then you can really see in the pictures.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty random question so please let me know if it should be elsewhere. In all the pictures of the back seat I notice this weird little "notch" "depression" "secret ejector lever". I've seen a lot of cars that have 60/40 split fold down seats but none with a weird space like this. Any idea what the purpose or reason for it is if any?

I don't hate it but I'd like be able to stop thinking about it.

Ford Bronco Interior Back Seat Question Bronco Back Seat
If you are referring to to those grey plastic covers, they look like they are covering the hinges which allow the bottom of the seats to rotate forward when the backs are folded down (there is one on each side of each of the 60/40 "halves". As to why the hole is so large above them, I'm guessing it's to clear the hinges and seatbelt latch when folded down. Does look a bit odd though.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its covering the hinges. Other side of seats has the opening, just not covered the same way.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When my first kid reached an age where we removed the car seat I was absolutely amazed at the old Oreos and cheerios that had fallen down in between the seat and the carseat. It was insane.

The best advice I can give to you is to get the kids used to drinking water. Then let them only drink water in the car. A friend's kid dropped a milk filled bottle which sat wedged between the car seat and the baby seat for a week, slowly dripping milk onto the carpeting under the seat.

The car still smells on humid days.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition